The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

I haven't watched these in a while, so i'm curious how I'll rank them now without quite as much recency bias.  Also, once we start getting the legit series involved (Wandavision, Loki, FaTWS), i'm going to slot those right along with these.  I'm super pumped for Wandavision.  It will essentially be like it's own trilogy of material each series.

1. Captain America: The Winter Solider
  2. Avengers: Infinity War
  3. Avengers: Endgame
  4. Marvel's The Avengers
  5. Captain America: Civil War
  6. Thor: Ragnarok
  7. Iron Man
  8. Dr Strange
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy
  10. Captain America: The First Avenger
  11. Ant-Man
  12. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  13. Thor
  14. Spider-Man: Far From Home
  15. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2
  16. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  17. Iron Man 2
  18. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  19. Black Panther
  20. Captain Marvel
  21. Iron Man 3
  22. The Incredible Hulk
  23. Thor: The Dark World

Black Panther is one that seems to diminish with every re-watch for me and Jordan's performance feels more and more cartoonish when I see it again.  The Spider-Mans I've been up and down on, but right in the middle feels about right for both.  Everything 16 and above are all a lot of fun for me from start to finish, and even 17-20 have a lot of good qualities.  The bottom 3 are the only ones with long stretches where i'm checked out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Also, once we start getting the legit series involved (Wandavision, Loki, FaTWS), i'm going to slot those right along with these. 

Same. I will be viewing the Disney+ entries as full blown MCU entries just like any cinematic releases. Although, I think we will be forced into thinking that way given how integral it will be. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Same. I will be viewing the Disney+ entries as full blown MCU entries just like any cinematic releases. Although, I think we will be forced into thinking that way given how integral it will be. 

I'm more excited for WandaVision than I am any MCU movie coming out in the next 16 months.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I haven't watched these in a while, so i'm curious how I'll rank them now without quite as much recency bias.  Also, once we start getting the legit series involved (Wandavision, Loki, FaTWS), i'm going to slot those right along with these.  I'm super pumped for Wandavision.  It will essentially be like it's own trilogy of material each series.

Black Panther is one that seems to diminish with every re-watch for me and Jordan's performance feels more and more cartoonish when I see it again.  The Spider-Mans I've been up and down on, but right in the middle feels about right for both.  Everything 16 and above are all a lot of fun for me from start to finish, and even 17-20 have a lot of good qualities.  The bottom 3 are the only ones with long stretches where i'm checked out.

I didn’t love TWS like everyone else seemed to. On rewatch I def thought it was better than I remember even if it’s not THAT high for me still. 7th now versus probably more middle before. I really think they nailed The First Avenger more than anything. 

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Did Groot technically wield Thor’s hammer in Infinity War?

He created the handle for Stormbreaker, but that doesn’t have the same “worthy” properties.

Mjolnir was destroyed in Ragnarok and stolen from past Thor in Endgame

• Like 1

Speaking of future MCU projects, if done right, Shang Chi may actually be my most anticipated project. I have a “guilty pleasure” for the fighting tournament sub genre in shows and movies. If rumors are true that Shang Chi will be in the same vein as Bloodsport or even Enter the Dragon, then I’m all in.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, THE DUKE said:

4. Marvel's The Avengers
  7. Iron Man
  8. Dr Strange
  11. Ant-Man
  13. Thor
  16. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  17. Iron Man 2
  19. Black Panther
  20. Captain Marvel
  21. Iron Man 3
  22. The Incredible Hulk

Good list. The one movie that I was really disappointed in seeing but appreciated more upon rewatching was Ultron. It definitely has its flaws and is the worst of the Avengers but seemed to work better upon rewatch. Plus so many things referenced back to AOS afterwards.

On 11/25/2020 at 1:53 PM, THE DUKE said:

4. Marvel's The Avengers
  7. Iron Man
  8. Dr Strange
  11. Ant-Man
  13. Thor
  16. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  17. Iron Man 2
  19. Black Panther
  20. Captain Marvel
  21. Iron Man 3
  22. The Incredible Hulk

That is scary close to what my list would be.   My biggest change is Id probably swap Spider Man FFH and Ultron.   

Black Panther was soild, but so laughably overrated.    I enjoyed all the actors in the movie, but the story, directing and some of the cinematography was average at best.   

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not sure if it’s spoiler tag worthy, but potential Hawkeye spoiler:

Hide contents

I don’t know the source material well enough to be sure. 

Id say it is worthy. She was my fan cast FOR SURE. Could not be more hyped for that leak. Although Im sure D-town is unhappy

28 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Florence Pugh is reprising her role as Yelena in the Hawkeye show. So happy to hear she is sticking in the MCU

I had to google her. Her first appearance is in Black Widow, right? It makes sense that she'd catch up with Clint after what happened in End Game.