The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2017 at 7:40 PM, The LBC said:

I mean, I get that Colossus and NTW were thrust into Deadpool's continuity, but Deadie's tie to the X-Men is through Logan.  Rebooting X-Men sans Wolverine only to thrust Deadpool in would just feel wrong and inappropriate.  Plus, they're going to keep the X-Men franchise PG; they just are - for purposes of expanded market and merchandising (they are not going to turn away from the kind of money that they can make from marketing the X-Men to kids - even if, you could definitely argue, X-Men was never really a kids comic, more teen/young-adult at youngest).

Realistically though, you can reboot and recast as many times as you want, until they get a good writer and (and this is really on FOX, which I don't have a lot of hope for because as long as they remain a FOX property, the Schuler-Donners will remain in an influential part) producers (who will let a director put forward his vision that also fits with the continuity and not have the studio dictating have's and have-not's), we're just going to get more of the same.

I mean, it's not like they haven't cast good actors in the past: McKellan is a fantastic actor, as are Fassbender, McAvoy, Minnette, (Jennifer Lawrence used to be, then she got lazy), Flemyng, Dinklage, Hoult, and Munn.  Hell, Oscar Isaac is an amazing actor, they just wrote and presented his character poorly.

Did you seriously just forget to mention Stewart as a good actor?¬¬

Okay maybe not JUST forget...but I haven't read this thread in a long time so I just saw it, lol.

Edited by rob_shadows

• 2 weeks later...

Disney's continued venture to take over the world:

http://www.newsweek.com/xmen-movies-deadpool-2-fox-disney-who-owns-what-marvel-703332

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st-century-fox-has-been-holding-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html

This could easily lead to Xmen into the MCU. And if it happens before 2020, could very well reshape where Kevin Feige takes the MCU after Infinity Wars. Everyone wondered who the next biggest baddie would be after Thanos. This opens the door to Dr. Doom if they want to take that route. He's always been one of Marvels biggest bad guys. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Disney's continued venture to take over the world:

http://www.newsweek.com/xmen-movies-deadpool-2-fox-disney-who-owns-what-marvel-703332

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st-century-fox-has-been-holding-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html

This could easily lead to Xmen into the MCU. And if it happens before 2020, could very well reshape where Kevin Feige takes the MCU after Infinity Wars. Everyone wondered who the next biggest baddie would be after Thanos. This opens the door to Dr. Doom if they want to take that route. He's always been one of Marvels biggest bad guys. 

If they have this go through (and actually get all the rights back) there becomes tons of different directions the MCU could go. 

They could potentially keep them separate for a bit (them merge multiverses in a crossover). They could immidiately have some of the new set of mutants join the new avengers. Or they could have the X-men be the reason to bring The Avengers back together as the New Avengers to keep those mutants in check.

I honestly would be worried if Marvel proper gets everything back. The little bit of competition that the X-Men movies offered is one of the big things that keeps the MCU driving toward the best films, and striving to take chances to be better each time out

Speaking of Fox characters in the MCU, the Russo bros. Tweeted this GIF a while back in promotion for Avengers 4, which they said remains without a title because it contains a spoiler for IW.

20728987_1046940722108526_36092385783337

Hmm, anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? o.O

580a92c9de18274116a07ea2af071612--kang-t

Yes, I know Kang the Conqueror is owned by Fox, no need to throw that legal mumbo jumbo at me. I thought for sure there'd be enough "gray area" to where they could both use him-similar to Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and the Skrulls-since he's also a prominent Avengers foe as well as a F4 villain, but nope, apparently, he's exclusively property of Fox last I heard according to James Gunn unless they secretly made a deal in advance, similar to Spider-Man.

Maybe this is what they got from Fox in exchange for the X-Men TV rights, who knows? After Thanos, who the hell else could it be, purple glove and all?

EDIT: I meant to say the Skrulls.

Edited by KManX89

27 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'd rather them keep the universes separate.  There's too many characters.  Maybe 1 crossover a decade or something.

Well, we dont know how the next 2 Avengers movies are going to turn out.   There is a good chance a few are killed off.     If they rebooted XMen within the MCU, a few of them could be used in Avengers, most likely Wolverine and Professor X.    Adding those two to replace say....Iron Man and Nick Fury, would be a nice trade off.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, what I've seen so far has been limited, but I kind of like the direction and vision Josh Boone has taken for New Mutants.  It's either going to be really darn good or a spectacular failure.  Or, third option, it's going to be like Ang Lee's Hulk film where I actually liked it and appreciated a number of the stylistic choices he made in it, even though they went over the heads of most people.

12 hours ago, The LBC said:

I have to admit, what I've seen so far has been limited, but I kind of like the direction and vision Josh Boone has taken for New Mutants.  It's either going to be really darn good or a spectacular failure.  Or, third option, it's going to be like Ang Lee's Hulk film where I actually liked it and appreciated a number of the stylistic choices he made in it, even though they went over the heads of most people.

I still like that movie too.  I like what Ang Lee did with it stylistically and that Bana made a good Banner.  If they could have included a little more levity and little faster paced I think it would have been received a lot better.