The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, StLunatic88 said:

While this came off probably a bit too giddy. It still stands, unless They completely nail Infinity War, it’s going to be all out fanboy war on the internet

The fan boys are going to obnoxiously combative no matter how good or bad IW is.  I do think they kill off at least one major character though.  I wouldn't be shocked if it's Hulk/Banner, he's kind of a movie cheat code and they made him look pretty worn down as Banner in Raknarok.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

The fan boys are going to obnoxiously combative no matter how good or bad IW is.  I do think they kill off at least one major character though.  I wouldn't be shocked if it's Hulk/Banner, he's kind of a movie cheat code and they made him look pretty worn down as Banner in Raknarok.

Normally Id agree with you about fan boys, but at this point just about everything in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been impervious to it. Some small things hear and there, but they get dropped really fast, and nothing close to what we have seen with Star Wars.

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Normally Id agree with you about fan boys, but at this point just about everything in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been impervious to it. Some small things hear and there, but they get dropped really fast, and nothing close to what we have seen with Star Wars.

The Star Wars fan boys are idiots. I read all the books and loved them but that doesn’t mean I have to hate the movies for being different from the books. The books are not cannon anymore, time to get over it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Rewatched Ragnarok with the family this weekend.  Holds up very well.  I really hope Hela is brought back for Infinity War, there is more to mine there character wise, and Blanchet is fantastic.

Got a digital copy by unsavory means last month and gave it a second over. Definitely enjoyed it just as much. Thor finally has a good one. 

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Rewatched Ragnarok with the family this weekend.  Holds up very well.  I really hope Hela is brought back for Infinity War, there is more to mine there character wise, and Blanchet is fantastic.

If they dont have Thanos obsessed with here (as the stand in for Death, Lady Death w/e you refer to her as) that would be a completely wasted opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

The top 5 comic book villains thread got me to thinking about how I would rank the MCU villains, major and supporting, because some supporting villains have outshined the "main" villains in a movie.  I may revise this, but my off the cuff ranking would be:

1. Loki (The Avengers, Thor series)
  2. Red Skull (Captain America: The First Avenger)
  3. Alexander Pierce (Captain America: The Winter Soldier)
  4. Ego (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
  5. Obadiah Stane (Iron Man)
  6. Hela (Thor: Ragnarok)
  7. Vulture / Adrian Toomes (Spider-Man: Homecoming)
  8. Helmut Zemo (Captain America: Civil War)
  9. Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
  10. Ulysses Klaue / Klaw (Avengers: Age of Ultron, Black Panther)
  11. The Winter Solider (Captain America: The Winter Soldier)
  12. Kaecilius (Doctor Strange)
  13. Eric Stevens / Killmonger (Black Panther)
  14. Nebula (Guardians of the Galaxy)
  15. Aldrich Killian (Iron Man 3)
  16. Brock Rumlow / Crossbones (Captain America series)
  17. Surtur (Thor: Ragnarok)
  18. Justin Hammer (Iron Man 2)
  19. Darren Cross / Yellow Jacket (Ant-Man)
  20. Ronan The Accuser (Guardians of the Galaxy)
  21. Armin Zola (Captain America series)
  22. Dormamu (Doctor Strange)
  23. Taserface / Rogue Ravegers (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
  24. The Chitauri (The Avengers)
  25. Nazi's (Captain America: The First Avenger)
  26. The "Mandarin" (Iron Man 3)
  27. The Destroyer (Thor)
  28. Ivan Vanko / Whiplash (Iron Man 2)
  29. Emil Blonsky / Abomination (The Incredible Hulk)
  30. Malekith (Thor: The Dark World)
  31. Baron Von Strucker (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

If I missed anybody you think needs included, let me know.  This list really shows how strong the writing has been for the Captain America series that their villains have been engaging and memorable.

Edited by THE DUKE
Added Nebula
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If I missed anybody you think needs included, let me know.  This list really shows how strong the writing has been for the Captain America series that their villains have been engaging and memorable.

I don't show Yondu or Nebula on the list - I'd qualify both as villains in GotG v 1, and rank them both very high on the list.

35 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Nebula I can see, Yondu, not so much, despite his "threat" that he'd eat Quill.

Yondu hunted Quill down to Knowhere and had every intention to keep the orb after the final battle - even after he saw it was an Infinity Stone capable of significant damage. 

I get it he's a tweener (he's basically the hero in v 2) but I'd personally put him as a villain in v 1. But, not gonna fight it, just wanna give Michael Rooker props for his role..

1 hour ago, August4th said:

Feige said they have films planned up to 2028(he said this in 2014.)

we're not even half-way done with the MCU

They're getting the properties from Fox, right? If so, that's another 10 years worth of movies/shows.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast