The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

On 2/23/2018 at 3:05 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

I agree.  I think the best idea for Fantastic Four in the MCU would be to acknowledge their existence, but have them somewhat retired/not involved.  They are the lamest of the lame.  Somebody else here suggested they were like a 60's/70's thing.  That would be the best idea.  Unless they kill off Stark and Banner during Infinity War, they really don't need another doctor type.  Unless they kill off a bunch of the Phase one heroes (Cap, Stark, Banner, Thor...), they don't need four not fantastic characters. 

You could make an Fantastic 4 origin story, and simultaneously kill off all the heroes. Bad guys win. It'd be a one of a kind movie setting up the bad guys as the next big baddies. We haven't really seen a movie yet where the bad guys really truly win. Last time i ever saw a movie like that, was Arlington Road, and the ending blew my mind because I wasn't expecting it. 

Maybe keep someone like Richards as more of a brain, Nick Fury type background leader in future movies and less of an action hero. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NickButera said:

You could make an Fantastic 4 origin story, and simultaneously kill off all the heroes. Bad guys win. It'd be a one of a kind movie setting up the bad guys as the next big baddies. We haven't really seen a movie yet where the bad guys really truly win. Last time i ever saw a movie like that, was Arlington Road, and the ending blew my mind because I wasn't expecting it.

OMG, that would be so awesome.  And yeah, Arlington Road is one of the most underrated movies ever.  That ending was amazing.  Depressing as hell, but amazing. 

Kevin Feige Says CAPTAIN MARVEL Pays Homage To 90s Action Movies And Will Be Primarily Set In Outer Space

"We wanted to explore a period before Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury had any idea about any of the other heroes and crazy stuff going on in the world. You know, we first met Nick when he told Tony, “You’re part of a big universe. You just don’t know yet.” Well, we want to go back to a time when he didn’t know it yet, and really showcase and announce that Carol Danvers was that first hero that Nick came across. That meant she could be the singular hero, but place it within timing of the MCU. It also got us talking about different genres, exploring this notion of sort of the ‘90s action film. We hadn’t necessarily done anything like that before either, so there are definitely homages to our favorite ‘90s action films within Captain Marvel."

"[Not] necessarily talking about any particulars of the story, but the action elements Terminator 2. That’s about as iconic as you get, looking at kind of those cool street level fights, street level car chases, and fun stuff like that. That being said, much of the movie takes place in outer space, as you might think a Captain Marvel movie would. Like all of our genre inspirations, there are bits and pieces here and there."

I would say no. I mean, in terms of Captain Marvel and a young T’Chaka in ’92, no. That’s not where we’re headed. But we would talk about the ancestral plane sequence [in Black Panther] where, towards the end of the movie, T’Challa takes the herb again and encounters his father, where he’s like, “Hey, man. We’ve kind of screwed up, and I want to change it.” There’s that moment where all of the ancestors come behind T’Chaka. We would joke and go, “I want to see … what’s their story? What’s that story? Who was Bashenga, the first king of Wakanda? Who’s that third to the left, behind T’Chaka? What was their story in Wakanda in 1938? That would be cool.” It all starts as conversations like that. The more audiences want to see these stories, the more opportunities we have to explore different places and time."

22 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Watched Thor: Ragnarok and it deserved the high praise it got.  It was the best one in a while.  Still didn't top any of the Captain America movies for me, but it was better than half the MCU movies. 

I dont rate first avenger that high, so it beats out that one in my books. I think Ragnarok is top 7 at least 

Ragnorak spoilers:

For me, Thor:Ragnorak was top 2 after Guardians of the Galaxy

fun movie, hilarious, good action, good way to beat the big bad, jeff golblum, no smarmy stark quips, grand master, its a tie, people falling shot from a distance, sparkles, hilarity.

i never saw dr strange, but nice wtf cameo.

matt damon playing loki actor.

everything about this movie was brillance, and it even furthered the plot by giving thor an eyepatch.

makes me excited for infinity war, and maybe i might see it in theaters

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Acgott said:

Captain Marvel official synopsis. Dead characters joining the movie include Agent Coulson (Avengers), Ronan the Accuser (GOTG), and Korath (GOTG)

DZO9YkIX4AA0Ay0.jpg

I really need to stop reading this stuff. I thought Ronan was dead?.... I'll be back in late April after I see the movie to avoid spoilers.

13 hours ago, Acgott said:

Captain Marvel official synopsis. Dead characters joining the movie include Agent Coulson (Avengers), Ronan the Accuser (GOTG), and Korath (GOTG)

DZO9YkIX4AA0Ay0.jpg

Can we really add Coulson to that list since he was only dead for like 2 days before being resurrected?

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

Just now, rob_shadows said:

Can we really add Coulson to that list since he was only dead for like 2 days before being resurrected?

He wasn't resurrected.  There's a reason he's only been on the TV show and hasn't returned to the movies.  Some people actually think it's stupid to resurrect everybody, and so some people like to ignore the TV show where he gets resurrected.  That's some TV level writing, and TV level writing doesn't belong in movies. 

• Like 2

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast