The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting trailer, I think they did a solid job of kind of hiding much plot at this point in time. I wouldn't have minded to see a little bit more, but Marvel is good at hiding plot the first time around, giving a little bit more in the second trailer and then never really letting you know everything

Yeah does feel different for the most part. I’m guessing the main trailer will be with Widow or Shang Chi showing the more marvel side with their powers and some of the Deviants with a Celestial tease.

It seems like such a broad movie. 

That was a far better teaser than I was expecting.  They better have a damn good reason for not interfering when Thanos happened though.  You run into the same problem where maybe Nick Fury should have called Captain Marvel when the Chuitari were invading during the first Avengers movie.  Did they ever explain that?

I actually love the idea of them guiding humanity throughout the ages and taking a step back once humanity began to evolve and grow on their own.  My interest is definitely piqued.

11 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

They better have a damn good reason for not interfering when Thanos happened though.

These are my thoughts. Like MFers Thanos destroyed half the universe and he did it WHILE ON EARTH. Bro, what could this "until now" BS be? Its gotta be multiversal or time-line. Those are the only two things bigger that universal. 

22 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

You run into the same problem where maybe Nick Fury should have called Captain Marvel when the Chuitari were invading during the first Avengers movie.  Did they ever explain that?

I know there is one storyline with the Eternals where they don't remember anything.

With Nick Fury/Captain Marvel and Chuitari, I don't think there would have been time. In Endgame doesn't it take her a little bit to get there?

9 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I know there is one storyline with the Eternals where they don't remember anything.

With Nick Fury/Captain Marvel and Chuitari, I don't think there would have been time. In Endgame doesn't it take her a little bit to get there?

Not really, Thanos literally time travels to Avengers HQ (so zero forewarning) and it's likely not even an hour until she shows up.  I suppose it's possible she was on her way back already, but I don't recall them having an explanation (nor should they have as the end of that movie is correctly focused on Iron Man and Cap).

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

This looks extraordinarily boring.

It was a teaser, we got almost zero plot points other than:

• They are powerful
  • They have guided humanity but have largely stayed on the sidelines until now

Odds are that the full trailer, which I bet debuts with Black Widow in theaters, will paint much more of a picture for the plot.

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not really, Thanos literally time travels to Avengers HQ (so zero forewarning) and it's likely not even an hour until she shows up.  I suppose it's possible she was on her way back already, but I don't recall them having an explanation (nor should they have as the end of that movie is correctly focused on Iron Man and Cap).

Oh, I meant at the start of Endgame. When Fury calls her. But yeah, that time she does show up immediately.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Odds are that the full trailer, which I bet debuts with Black Widow in theaters, will paint much more of a picture for the plot.

So the two obvious parallels to draw in the MCU with the first look and now this first trailer are Guardians and Inhumans. Two completely opposite ends of the spectrum obviously, but to go off just what we have seen, Eternals feels like its currently falling further on the Inhumans end.

The seriousness of this feels like alittle much for such an unknown property. And while the cast is absolutely spectacular, if it doesnt have the fun and heart like the Guardians had, we could see alot more casual viewers waiving the white flag on continuing the MCU watch along, and feeling like they need to see everything.

Especially if Black Widow and Shang Chi are less connected to the overall Universe and/or more serious style films, it might make people want a break. Especially when we wont likely see the "rush back to the theaters" in November like we probably will in early Fall.  

And people may just say" Ill wait till Spider-Man at Christmas" to have a good time, certainly if Venom/Carnage is the most 'fun' of the group of the Comic Book films on the lead up.

These are all just potential pitfalls. We all trust Feige knows what he is doing, and as far as pushing the universe forward I have zero doubts. Im just questioning if this might be too much heaviness in a row for the MCU, especially since this will be the most "unknown" characters we have seen in a row since Phase 1.

Just feels like we might be walking into another fatigue spot like we had around Age of Ultron/Antman with the promise of Civil War already on the horizon.

29 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Especially if Black Widow and Shang Chi are less connected to the overall Universe and/or more serious style films, it might make people want a break.

Awkwafina is a main character in Shang-Chi, this sentence is invalid. 

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast