The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Rumor I heard from somewhere online is that Sony/Marvel are in the process of working out another THREE Holland led MCU Spiderman movies PLUS appearances in other MCU properties.

Disney has to know… They HAVE to know what letting Holland into the Sonyverse would do.

I just can’t stop coming back to this third movie introducing a Sony Spider-Man.

It is without a doubt the single most logical and mutually beneficial idea possible.

Disney gets Holland.  Sony gets their own Spider-Man while showing that their universe is just another universe in Disney’s multiverse.

Then, once Sony inevitably fails with their dumb, dumb, dumb universe, they can just give up and let Disney take over with all the villains they botched.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, Bullet Club said:

. I'd rather have a movie be stupid but fun than a total drag or completely forgettable. Though IMDB might side with me on that there, it also definitely sides against me with Ultron and Ragnarok in my bottom 4 MCU movies.

That doesnt make sense to me.

Ragnorak might be the funniest Marvel movie. It certainly isnt dull

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

That doesnt make sense to me.

Ragnorak might be the funniest Marvel movie. It certainly isnt dull

I wasn't calling Ragnarok dull. I was calling Dark World dull. Ragnarok's issues are that it goes out of it's way to make everything funny, and it removes all tension from every big moment that film has.

• Like 1

Ragnarok rules. All non-Russo-brothers-directed-but-still-directed-by-good-directors Marvel movies fall into the trap of being a good movie in parts, then having to inevitably switch into a classic Marvel fight/action sequence and MCU appropriate ending that may or may not fit. Ragnarok blended Waititi's style and humor with the broader MCU perfectly.

• Like 2

Just now, Bullet Club said:

I wasn't calling Ragnarok dull. I was calling Dark World dull. Ragnarok's issues are that it goes out of it's way to make everything funny, and it removes all tension from every big moment that film has.

ah i see. yeah thats a valid complaint.

Personally, i am good with that as evidenced by me liking the GOTG ones as well (they sometimes do the same thing)

I just look for entertainment value with thse types of movies tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Ragnarok rules. All non-Russo-brothers-directed-but-still-directed-by-good-directors Marvel movies fall into the trap of being a good movie in parts, then having to inevitably switch into a classic Marvel fight/action sequence and MCU appropriate ending that may or may not fit. Ragnarok blended Waititi's style and humor with the broader MCU perfectly.

And they realized that Chris Hemsworth is a really good comedic actor

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

ah i see. yeah thats a valid complaint.

Personally, i am good with that as evidenced by me liking the GOTG ones as well (they sometimes do the same thing)

I just look for entertainment value with thse types of movies tbh

I totally understand that a lot of people aren't bothered by that complaint. Almost everyone I know loves Ragnarok, it is admittedly funny, and if you simply want to be entertained I get it. I think Guardians used their humor more strategically though, and it REALLY bugged me when they gave Banner what should have been a really tense/emotional moment of willingly turning back into Hulk after being trapped for two years and they immediately made a joke of it by having him fall on his face. The movie was littered with that stuff.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Ragnarok blended Waititi's style and humor with the broader MCU perfectly.

Not saying Rags wasn't funny or entertaining but I'd much rather see Thor movies in the vein of Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator epics than a Thor comedy movie.  Thor is a 1000 year old warrior prince.  He is the straight man in most comedy dynamics.  He's not the funny Avenger.  Hawkeye is the funny Avenger.  Well, not in the MCU tho.  Thanks, Marvel lol.  

Waititi would absolutely crush it on Spider-Man (Peter or Miles) where his humor would flourish.  It wouldn't surprise me if he delivered the definitive version of Spider-Man.  Sony needs to make it happen.

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 5:18 PM, thrILL! said:

Not saying Rags wasn't funny or entertaining but I'd much rather see Thor movies in the vein of Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator epics than a Thor comedy movie.  Thor is a 1000 year old warrior prince.  He is the straight man in most comedy dynamics.  He's not the funny Avenger.  Hawkeye is the funny Avenger.  Well, not in the MCU tho.  Thanks, Marvel lol.  

Waititi would absolutely crush it on Spider-Man (Peter or Miles) where his humor would flourish.  It wouldn't surprise me if he delivered the definitive version of Spider-Man.  Sony needs to make it happen.

I like the variety, to me Thor in cartoons or games is very one note. I agree that they could probably reign it in a smidge from ragnorak, but I think they hit on something with this back half of Hemsworth Thor outings. You get those cracks of him being vulnerable, depressed and troubled…but he quickly bottles it up to not show it. 

But yeah I don’t want like Gorr to show up and it be a farce in Thor L&T. There is some very cool seriously told things with Thor I’d love to see them bring about.

I’m genuinely down for anything Taika, loved him way before he joined Thor. If they gave him a Spidey movie it would be pretty great. If the contract is getting extended way further out for another trilogy, I hope we see some new people behind the camera. I like what Jon Watts did, but if he’s doing Fantastic 4 and finished his trilogy…let’s see a fresher take.

On 7/19/2021 at 4:20 PM, Deadpulse said:

another high potential fresh face for Marvel 

I do like that they are taking meetings with so many people and going with the projects and people that get them the most excited.

These first two phases are all over the place with who they are introducing or giving the spotlight too (in a good way). 

Opens them up soon to kinda do whatever they want with team films or teamups 2024 and on. Just as the X-men plans will probably be starting.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast