The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

Decided on Eternals Vol 1 (19 issues) to give me a base. While checking out the dozen issues of Squadron Supreme.

On the Eternity War. "Ultimates 2 Vol. 2: Eternity War"  Is this the full event? 

And is this a good "dipping my toe in the water" start? Or is there something definite I should check out before Eternals?

43 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Speaking of Ultron, I hope he comes back at some point. He has way cooler arcs and can be a better character. 
Him sending out a seed to space seems so easy.

I really felt his character was vastly underpowered in AoU and not nearly as much of a threat as he should have been. I hope he makes an appearance as well down the road. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, D82 said:

I really felt his character was vastly underpowered in AoU and not nearly as much of a threat as he should have been. I hope he makes an appearance as well down the road. 

I kind of get where you are coming from, but on the flip side, he did nearly kill everyone on the planet.

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

Fair…I just wanted a little more…death based off his character in the comics.

I'm not super familiar with Ultron from the comics, but i'm pretty sure one of his big things is that he is never really gone, the AI always tends to get squirrelled away somewhere and then he's left in that corner off to the side until they want to bring him back.  Just because Vision said that was the last one, doesn't mean it has to be so.

44 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm not super familiar with Ultron from the comics, but i'm pretty sure one of his big things is that he is never really gone, the AI always tends to get squirrelled away somewhere and then he's left in that corner off to the side until they want to bring him back.  Just because Vision said that was the last one, doesn't mean it has to be so.

He uploaded his code into the quinjet before Hulk booted him out and is now on Sakaar somewhere building himself a new body. 

Boom. Done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:
2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

He uploaded his code into the quinjet before Hulk booted him out and is now on Sakaar somewhere building himself a new body. 

Boom. Done

Ship it. 

Yeah it’s super easy, they just gotta do it. Ultron gets more and more formidable as he upgrades himself. He was fairly new in AoU, so he could be way more of a threat.

Like always thought his part in Annihilation seemed ripe for adaptation.

ultron-annihilation-conquest_marvel_silo

I wonder when they might use Annihilus now that they have his rights. Seems like someone who might be used for like a cosmic team up film rather than just Fantastic 4.

Like I could see a version of The Ultimates going against him.

46 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Ship it. 

Yeah it’s super easy, they just gotta do it. Ultron gets more and more formidable as he upgrades himself. He was fairly new in AoU, so he could be way more of a threat.

Like always thought his part in Annihilation seemed ripe for adaptation.

ultron-annihilation-conquest_marvel_silo

I wonder when they might use Annihilus now that they have his rights. Seems like someone who might be used for like a cosmic team up film rather than just Fantastic 4.

Like I could see a version of The Ultimates going against him.

I think it would be cool if they somehow brought Hank Pym into the story-line for Ultron 2.0 since Hank was his creator in the comics. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I think it would be cool if they somehow brought Hank Pym into the story-line for Ultron 2.0 since Hank was his creator in the comics. 

If they do some of the time stuff with Ultron, Pym Particles could be a part of that. Would be an in to them interacting at least.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/what-if-marvel-series-a-c-bradley-podcast-interview-1234843778/

Writer on What If…?

Confirms that a lot of the episodes were going to be 7-10 minutes longer prior to COVID. Explains why a lot of them have felt rushed in parts.

Also the cliffhanger endings are purposefully done. Like with the What If comics, they want to for the most part show the main MCU reality/timeline is the best one when it’s all said and done. So I’m not so sure they’ll follow up on a lot of them.

Wild episode, I wish at some point they really go for it in Live action with some of these massive scope scenes.

Like that it felt like a packed enough episode for only being part 1.

Spoiler

Clint/Nat stuff was fun to see, and the role reversal of endgame within the silo of the winter soldier facility was very cool to see. 

Actually got an Age of Ultron.

Watcher getting scared and those fights with Supreme Ultron were wild.

President Steve makes made me think they should totally make a Hydra Steve episode next season, as well as give us a proper World War Hulk.