The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

On 9/26/2020 at 7:36 AM, Outpost31 said:

Over saturation in 3 years.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think my issue will be characters that I don't care about

I personally have enjoyed almost every movie in the MCU so far but I'm not really interested in any of their upcoming projects. After End Game the stakes just don't seem as high anymore and as someone that's not into the comics I'm not really familiar with the new characters they're going to build around. I think they did a nice job of wrapping up the universe in End Game and should've left it at that for the time being. 

34 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The MCU is literally built on characters nobody cared about prior to the MCU 

We’ll have to agree to disagree here. Were they all mainstream A-listers, no. But I definitely had interest in Captain America and Thor. Iron Man I was indifferent about but bought in after the first movie. Hulk had such bad movies prior that I wasn’t excited l for anything. 

I have/had big interest in the twins. But that’s because I’m a big X-Men fan. 

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree here. Were they all mainstream A-listers, no. But I definitely had interest in Captain America and Thor. Iron Man I was indifferent about but bought in after the first movie. Hulk had such bad movies prior that I wasn’t excited l for anything. 

I have/had big interest in the twins. But that’s because I’m a big X-Men fan. 

Iron Man was made by the 2008 movie. GotG is now more movies inform the comics than the other way around. You can say that the start of the MCU still had Cap and Thor, but the start of this saga has an established universe off the back of THE big ticket in Marvel in Spider-Man. I have no doubt the new properties will endear themselves much like Iron Man and GotG did. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Iron Man was made by the 2008 movie. GotG is now more movies inform the comics than the other way around. You can say that the start of the MCU still had Cap and Thor, but the start of this saga has an established universe off the back of THE big ticket in Marvel in Spider-Man. I have no doubt the new properties will endear themselves much like Iron Man and GotG did. 

They’ll make money for sure. But as someone who grew up with watching the cartoons and reading the comics, I just don’t care. They did such a brilliant job with the infinity saga that I’d be ok if it ended today. When they bring in the X-Men and F4 maybe I’ll care again. I have zero interest in She-Hulk, Eternals, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I have zero interest in She-Hulk, Eternals, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, etc. 

I mean that's a fraction of what's coming. Spider-Man, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Nick Fury, Loki, Captain Marvel, Blade, Thor, GotG, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Ant-man, and Hawkeye are all getting their own flicks/shows too. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

They’ll make money for sure. But as someone who grew up with watching the cartoons and reading the comics, I just don’t care. They did such a brilliant job with the infinity saga that I’d be ok if it ended today. When they bring in the X-Men and F4 maybe I’ll care again. I have zero interest in She-Hulk, Eternals, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, etc. 

Damn,  not even Moon Knight? He’s awesome 

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think the point, especially with some of the properties @Deadpulse brought up, is they want to create a huge stable of characters that they can shift in and out depending what writers want to do. They seem like they want to do team-ups, 2-4 characters together and will build into various Avengers like teams (of which you have hundreds of names you can choose from,)
It's becoming sort of opt-in for people, if you want to see why the state of the multiverse is what it is in DS2...watch Wandavision. If you don't you'll probably pick up enough pretty quickly to get onboard within DS2.

And it makes sense, if you can bring a fanbase over to something that didn't do as well or want to give them more of a time to shine...have them do a teamup like Scarlet Witch in the next Strange. Or if they are indeed going to bring The Young Avengers or intro F4 in Antman 3 like it seems. If they do a good enough job they'll get 4 tickets out of you a year and almost a year of Disney+.

This helps Marvel probably with burnout and not having to extend contracts too early.
Later half of the decade is gonna be a bunch of Xmen, I'm personally happy they are slow playing that and trying to do something new.
I've read a little bit of these characters but a lot of them for most people will be their only version of the character. And they could do a lot of stuff with them.

Had they just rebooted the Xmen right away I think it would've hurt the MCU long term.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Acgott said:

So we diving hardcore into the multiverse, or is this a rebrand with the Sinister Six?

Weird

I guess it makes sense that Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness is gonna be the big change film this phase.
Like Winter Soldier and Civil War, so SM3 coming after could have a change like this.
Wonder if this means Secret Wars is happening soon as the next event film.

It's interesting how the two studios are handling their upcoming multiverse stuff. DC is using it to kinda add closure to the DCEU as it was and tie in all those unrelated movies into one thing. Marvel seems like they are using it as a big way/shortcut to bring in new characters, change some and bring back characters. 

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I personally have enjoyed almost every movie in the MCU so far but I'm not really interested in any of their upcoming projects. After End Game the stakes just don't seem as high anymore and as someone that's not into the comics I'm not really familiar with the new characters they're going to build around. I think they did a nice job of wrapping up the universe in End Game and should've left it at that for the time being

Ending a cash cow in Hollywood? World will end before that happens.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast