The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Fair point.

Im not all that excited for the future of the MCU outside of SpiderMan. Dr Strange and eventually XMen (was excited for Black Panther, but...), so Im hanging most of my faith in the MCU on Spidey.

I know I am not the norm because I am in deep in terms of comic book reading, but there is a lot to be excited about IMO. I think Thor and Guardians will be exactly what the MCU only fans want. I think Eternals is going to surprise people. I have little faith in Shang-Chi outside of potentially the premiere of the real Mandarin. With Disney's restructuring into more of a focus on streaming, I imagine we will see WandaVision, Falcon Winter Soldier, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight be basically treated as film installments into the MCU. I expect them all to be limited series as well without season 2's for the most part. 

I also think WandaVision will be the official start of the next Saga. I think Black Widow probably had a post credits to set something up for the future, but I dont think that would have been super telling. The end to WandaVision will set the MCU on it's next path. Everything points to multiverse throughout the Saga. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I know I am not the norm because I am in deep in terms of comic book reading, but there is a lot to be excited about IMO. I think Thor and Guardians will be exactly what the MCU only fans want. I think Eternals is going to surprise people. I have little faith in Shang-Chi outside of potentially the premiere of the real Mandarin. With Disney's restructuring into more of a focus on streaming, I imagine we will see WandaVision, Falcon Winter Soldier, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight be basically treated as film installments into the MCU. I expect them all to be limited series as well without season 2's for the most part. 

I also think WandaVision will be the official start of the next Saga. I think Black Widow probably had a post credits to set something up for the future, but I dont think that would have been super telling. The end to WandaVision will set the MCU on it's next path. Everything points to multiverse throughout the Saga. 

Dont know much about Eternals, but not all that excited based on the little I do know.

Nothing about a Natalie Portman Thor will ever excite me.

None of the shows particularly interest me....maybe WandaVision.

The old Spider Men returning via the multiverse is intriguing...but it could be done poorly IMO.

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Dont know much about Eternals, but not all that excited based on the little I do know.

Nothing about a Natalie Portman Thor will ever excite me.

None of the shows particularly interest me....maybe WandaVision.

The old Spider Men returning via the multiverse is intriguing...but it could be done poorly IMO.

From what I can tell about the Eternals movie, it is going to be very different from the comics much like GotG was. From what I have read, they are mixing in a lot of old school Inhuman backstory and mixing it in with the Eternals. It seems to me that the Eternals are going to be what they planned on Inhumans being for the MCU before plans changed. I adore the cast they've brought together so I am optimistic. 

Im not the biggest Natalie Portman fan myself, but I love the arc they are adapting written by Jason Aarons. Also, I have yet to see ANYTHING Taika Waititi is involved with that I didnt absolute love. Jo Jo Rabbit was my favorite movie of 2019 by a wide margin. What We Do In The Shadows both in film form and in television form is fantastic. Plus he directed the best episode of the Mandalorian to date IMO in episode 8 'The Redemption'. Portman is the only thing I don't like about this project and I have to admit she is a great actress. 

I want Moon Knight so bad. He is Marvel's Batman except he is bat-ish insane with schizophrenia and/or dissociative identity disorder (depending on who is writing) who believes he is the righteous champion of the moon god Khonshu. Whether that's true or not is usually left up for debate by the writers. He's a guy a lot of people are going to LOVE once they watch the show. If there is any property coming to Disney+ that I think non-comic readers are going to latch onto its this one. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

From what I can tell about the Eternals movie, it is going to be very different from the comics much like GotG was. From what I have read, they are mixing in a lot of old school Inhuman backstory and mixing it in with the Eternals. It seems to me that the Eternals are going to be what they planned on Inhumans being for the MCU before plans changed. I adore the cast they've brought together so I am optimistic. 

Im not the biggest Natalie Portman fan myself, but I love the arc they are adapting written by Jason Aarons. Also, I have yet to see ANYTHING Taika Waititi is involved with that I didnt absolute love. Jo Jo Rabbit was my favorite movie of 2019 by a wide margin. What We Do In The Shadows both in film form and in television form is fantastic. Plus he directed the best episode of the Mandalorian to date IMO in episode 8 'The Redemption'. Portman is the only thing I don't like about this project and I have to admit she is a great actress. 

I want Moon Knight so bad. He is Marvel's Batman except he is bat-ish insane with schizophrenia and/or dissociative identity disorder (depending on who is writing) who believes he is the righteous champion of the moon god Khonshu. Whether that's true or not is usually left up for debate by the writers. He's a guy a lot of people are going to LOVE once they watch the show. If there is any property coming to Disney+ that I think non-comic readers are going to latch onto its this one. 

Thanks for all the info.  Made me a little more optimistic.

Knew nothing about Moon Knight.

Portman is a super boring actress IMO, and while the other details you listed are encouraging, I cant see myself ever being interested in that.  Not that Im not willing to give it a chance, but I certainly wont be anticipating it like I have past Marvel movies. 

Sucks...between Marvel and DC, there is almost nothing Im looking forward to right now.   I was looking forward to Batman until the production issues.  Beyond that, it ranges from things Im cautiously optimistic about to movies I have no real knowledge of or interest in.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 5:35 PM, Deadpulse said:

A-new-home.png

Cool fan art, and I reaally like the proposed name for the flick

I need to reiterate, this is just fan art

Spider Man Homecoming

Spider Man Far From Home

Spider Man A New Home

Spider Man Homeward Bound

Spider Man Home Sweet Home

Spider Man Home Makeover

Spider Home Homey Home Home

15 hours ago, 43M said:

Spider Man Homecoming

Spider Man Far From Home

Spider Man A New Home

Spider Man Homeward Bound

Spider Man Home Sweet Home

Spider Man Home Makeover

Spider Home Homey Home Home

Spider Man Home Alone

He can fight the Sinister Six with zaney traps at and around his house.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

he sets up a time travel platform to send one forward in time to a highly advanced super prison

Awesome Spiderman GIF - Awesome Spiderman - Discover & Share GIFs

Doc Oc captures Spider Man and prepares to kill him....but Spidey manages to free his arm and place a tarantula on Doc's face, making him scream in terror and release Spidey from his grasp.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast