The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

Black Widow just isn't interesting enough for a solo movie.  Feel like this is a misstep and that it will be a dud.  Don't see how Black Widow alone could provide a story compelling enough to feel like it belongs in an MCU movie. 

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I do agree though that I'm not very excited for it. I think that a Black Widow film, at this point, needs to have some more star power to go along with it. Hawkeye would be the obvious choice and make it more of a spy/heist sort of film than the traditional superhero film. That is what I would lean towards if I were making the film. Keep is grounded, or maybe even use it to launch some sort of secret avengers team and introduce a more covert group and side of things.

I would be SHOCKED if Renner and Jackson are not in this flick. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Keep is grounded, or maybe even use it to launch some sort of secret avengers team and introduce a more covert group and side of things.

This makes a lot of sense.  The MCU has never been about throw-away one-offs.  They're always building.  

16 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I would be SHOCKED if Renner and Jackson are not in this flick. 

At least Renner. I could see no Jackson because of cost or availability or something, just as he probably wouldn't get that much screen time anyways, since he almost never really has in any single movie. But you don't do a Black Widow movie without Hawkeye, or vice versa, in this MCU. They've been painted as a duo since the very start of the first Avengers. They have enough history and sentiment together that it would honestly be weird to have something occur for Widow that's major enough for a movie, that wouldn't drag Hawkeye in too. And I imagine that Marvel knows neither are really the characters to carry a movie. Really no different from the fact that they've scarcely ever had her as the feature character of a solo comic. But as a duo they totally could.

After a quick google search and looking at the tweets he was fired over..... (assuming he was) not sure if it was deserved but that's not a subject for this forum.

Marvel is gonna have a hard time replacing Gunn.

5 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

After a quick google search and looking at the tweets he was fired over..... (assuming he was) not sure if it was deserved but that's not a subject for this forum.

Marvel is gonna have a hard time replacing Gunn.

Under no circumstance should jokes from a decade ago have any bearing on someone's current job. That said, he's a total hypocrite so karma hit him hard.

• Like 4

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast