The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

crazy how the nature of twitter has changed so much in the last 2-3 years.. someone said its because of all the weirdo's from tumblr jumping over to twitter(also the trump effect) lol

wonder what the endgame will be with that site and social media in general

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

How does this effect the Guardian's franchise? Who is a good person to replace him, especially on the writing side?

He handed in the first draft last month. Marvel Studios has a team that consistently works on developing scripts. Nicole Perlman who wrote GOTG1 with Gunn as well as Captain Marvel will probably clean up GOTG3. Wouldnt be surprised if they had Taika Waititi (Thor Ragnarok) take over as director. Movie will release in 2020, plenty of time to clean up the final part of the franchise.

• Like 2

I'm torn on this. While I do believe in statute of limitations for saying dumb things on Twitter in the workforce, the fact that he deleted 10k+ Tweets in order to damage control is very troubling and leads me to believe that the guy is in serious need of help. I also understand that it was a PR sh!tstorm and they had no choice but to react like they did much like with Roseanne's racist Tweets. Employees poking fun at pedophilia isn't a good look whatsoever for a company primarily aimed at kids, so it had to be done, fair or not.

17 hours ago, August4th said:

crazy how the nature of twitter has changed so much in the last 2-3 years.. someone said its because of all the weirdo's from tumblr jumping over to twitter(also the trump effect) lol

wonder what the endgame will be with that site and social media in general

Well the developer of Twitter will still be twice gullible and dumber then hell even if he can great. 

33 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I'm torn on this. While I do believe in statute of limitations for saying dumb things on Twitter in the workforce, the fact that he deleted 10k+ Tweets in order to damage control is very troubling and leads me to believe that the guy is in serious need of help. I also understand that it was a PR sh!tstorm and they had no choice but to react like they did much like with Roseanne's racist Tweets. Employees poking fun at pedophilia isn't a good look whatsoever for a company primarily aimed at kids, so it had to be done, fair or not.

In this day in age when you are in the public spotlight and even something slightly offensive can cost you your job. I don't blame him for deleting his tweets. Hell even if he didnt say anything offensive I wouldnt blame him for doing it just to be cautious. I still don't agree with him being fired over his comments. It was years ago. And while hypocritical, he was playing the Hollywood game about ultrasensitive now on subjects. It's sad, because even though I don't like the guy as a person, if all the skeletons in the closets of the Hollywood elite and media companies were made bare I doubt we would even have movies anymore.

28 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

In this day in age when you are in the public spotlight and even something slightly offensive can cost you your job. I don't blame him for deleting his tweets. Hell even if he didnt say anything offensive I wouldnt blame him for doing it just to be cautious. I still don't agree with him being fired over his comments. It was years ago. And while hypocritical, he was playing the Hollywood game about ultrasensitive now on subjects. It's sad, because even though I don't like the guy as a person, if all the skeletons in the closets of the Hollywood elite and media companies were made bare I doubt we would even have movies anymore.

The fact that he had 10k+ Tweets on the subject shows they were probably more than just dumb, unfunny jokes. It shows a complete lack of empathy for something that destroys lives at the very least. And while working for a company primarily aimed at kids? I completely understand why he was given the axe. At the end of the day, they're under no obligation to keep somebody around if they're gonna hurt their brand by going on racist rants or making pedophilia jokes on Twitter (were they jokes?).

Of course, we all know why he deleted the Tweets: some conservative pundits were trying to dig up dirt on him to get him fired after taking shots at Trump.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

In most cases, I'd agree firing someone because of old stupid comments was ridiculous.   

But Gunn's were so disgustingly over the top and there was a certain theme to many of his tweets that you just cant ignore it.

I am someone who enjoys morbid and twisted humor and believe that comedy shouldnt have too many limits....but within reason.    His went past the point of any kind of humor and were just disturbing.

Would I care if he stayed as on director?  No, but some of the stuff he posted was just....wow.  

Edited by FourThreeMafia