The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Oh I agree, I don't think he should have been fired. He made some dumb comments, but on the flip side. He did leave the opening for someone to hit him with it, he shouldn't have been running his mouth.

Also consider the reason for going after Gunn.  It was clearly a retaliation and they embellished the truth like crazy...which they are continuing to do by going after Patton Oswalt (who copied a tweet directly) for a tweet he made 5 years ago and ignoring the hashtag he used that puts the tweet into context.

Gunn has clearly changed and learned his lesson.  He didn't lie his way into the job or hide who he was, so why fire him?  The guy can't improve as a person?

Edited by seminoles1

14 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I think part of the reason is Thor is an extremely hard character to make standalone movie for without it either being:

1. Too Serious

2. Too Campy

3. Too Ridiculous 

I think Thor Ragnarok is really really close to GotG in quality. In fact watching it you half expect Chris Pratt to make an appearance. I think it easily eclipses CW (Out of all of the most beloved Marvel movies I don't really understand why this one was so popular) and IM1. IW is a tough one. I like it a lot but there was something about Thor Ragnarok that made it just stand out more. 

I can see that.

For me it was way too silly. It felt like a knock off version of GotG.

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Also consider the reason for going after Gunn.  It was clearly a retaliation and they embellished the truth like crazy...which they are continuing to do by going after Patton Oswalt (who copied a tweet directly) for a tweet he made 5 years ago and ignoring the hashtag he used that puts the tweet into context.

Gunn has clearly changed and learned his lesson.  He didn't lie his way into the job or hide who he was, so why fire him?  The guy can't improve as a person?

If Gunn had really changed he wouldn't have been bashing that certain someone in truth he just became more Hollywood. It was hypocritical of him and while I agree he should not have been fired over this because it's a bad trend to set. He's not someone who I am going to say is a victim and needs to be pitied. I pity the people who have really learned their lesson and have made strides to change and yet are still continued to be denied because of it.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

If Gunn had really changed he wouldn't have been bashing that certain someone in truth he just became more Hollywood. It was hypocritical of him and while I agree he should not have been fired over this because it's a bad trend to set. He's not someone who I am going to say is a victim and needs to be pitied. I pity the people who have really learned their lesson and have made strides to change and yet are still continued to be denied because of it.

The tweets were dug up after he ripped on Shapiro, weren't they?

Which was a ridiculous thing to do. Hell, Ben even tweeted out that Gunn shouldn't be sacked for his past tweets. 

7 minutes ago, Marc MacGyver said:

The tweets were dug up after he ripped on Shapiro, weren't they?

Which was a ridiculous thing to do. Hell, Ben even tweeted out that Gunn shouldn't be sacked for his past tweets. 

I'm saying had he kept his mouth shut and not thrown stones, this may never have happened. Cause people tend to do that back.

Edited by Calvert28
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm saying had he kept his mouth shut and not thrown stones, this may never have happened. Cause people tend to do that back.

Agreed. He also shouldn't promulgate a culture of offense, & outrage. Like most in Hollywood, it's a standard they simply don't live up to. Trevor Noah has had his past comeback to haunt him recently too. 

We need context, & we need to give people space to grow, & learn from their mistakes. But, radicals would rather destroy their lives via social media mob.

Hollywood types refuse to stand up to twitter mobs, & instead often endorse them, so when they're consumed by the beast they've been feeding, it's hard to have any sympathy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Agreed. He also shouldn't promulgate a culture of offense, & outrage. Like most in Hollywood, it's a standard they simply don't live up to. Trevor Noah has had his past comeback to haunt him recently too. 

We need context, & we need to give people space to grow, & learn from their mistakes. But, radicals would rather destroy their lives via social media mob.

Hollywood types refuse to stand up to twitter mobs, & instead often endorse them, so when they're consumed by the beast they've been feeding, it's hard to have any sympathy. 

Exactly, and it's Hollywood that pours the gas on the problem more then any other source considering their vanity and contacts through the media. This is just the monster they helped create. I'm sure they'll cry foul, or that their victims. But really, they are all part of the same problem. And it only becomes a problem when it happens to them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Exactly, and it's Hollywood that pours the gas on the problem more then any other source considering their vanity and contacts through the media. This is just the monster they helped create. I'm sure they'll cry foul, or that their victims. But really, they are all part of the same problem. And it only becomes a problem when it happens to them.

The fact that having any contact with Ben Shapiro is considered heresy in HW, shows just how far left they've swung. The guy's as reasonable as they come.

I just wish they'd get back to focusing on quality movies, rather than pushing propaganda.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well over/under, that the 3rd one is a goodbye to Gammora and maybe Drax or Rocket as the sub or main plot?

No more or less likely than it already was IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if the Guardians disband and we see potential solo or duel movies. Star Lord and Rocket/Groot flicks for instance. Odds are, Captain Marvel will be a new link to the cosmic side of things after A4. Plus there are rumors of a Nova movie and who knows what they are doing with Adam Warlock. GotG was probably already heading into a hiatus, with or without Gunn. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

It never even crossed my mind for the guardians to get their own solo movies. That'd be weird to see.

Most of them wouldnt, IMO. Drax definitely not. Rocket and Groot would only work as duo but they have had good comic runs together without the rest of the GotG. Chris Pratt is a big enough star that he can carry a solo Star Lord movie; the character also had a successful run in a solo comic. Gamora, Mantis, Drax, and Nebula (if you count her) could not carry a solo run. 

According to an interview, Joss Whedon had no plans for Thanos other than what was supposed to be a one off cameo. I was a bit worried when he left, granted AoU wasn't great. But I'm so happy with what Feige and the Russos have done so far.

I know that they're planning on exploring more of the space side of things. Personally it has me a bit worried. But, if those three stay involved I'm sure it'll be good.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast