The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

17 hours ago, RamRod said:

Rumor is Travis Knight could be the director of Guardians 3.

Better him than Paul Feige, who is also on Marvel's radar. 

If we get Feige, we're gonna get a movie where the Guardians of the Galaxy fight a villain named Patriarchy.  Star-Lord will go through a sex change operation, Drax will be turned into a sex-starved chauvinistic caricature, Melissa McCarthy will play Moondragon and Groot will start saying "I Am Ze."

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I keep hearing "oh Venom was a major success! Spider-Man is done in the MCU!" anyone else just not buying it? After all, Sony reaps all the money from the MCU Spider-Man movies per the terms of their deal. I'm sure Marvel has a Spidey-Deadpool crossover planned (and why not given the rich comics history of these two?), which would be one hell of a bargaining chip in that regard, no doubt they're gonna want a piece of that pie. 

Plus I remember reading somewhere that Marvel CAN retroactively make Sony's Spider-verse and all of its characters part of the greater MCU (and, by extension, connected to Spider-Man) if they want to and it's doing just fine without it as it is (it made over $800 mil). Hell, they're already hinting at a Spider-Man-Venom crossover with the lack of spider symbol on Venom in the 2018 movie and Tom Holland donning the black Spidey suit in Far From Home set pics (Tom Holland's Peter Parker was rumored to be appearing in Venom as well). Sounds like it might already be in the works without Sony fully regaining Spider-Man. 

I'm really excited for Shang Chi. Recently, before all of the Marvel Netflix shows were cancelled I was thinking it would be cool if Shang Chi was brought into the universe. I thought he would be a quality candidate for his own show. When Iron Fist happened though, I didn't see it occurring for a while, if ever. Now it seems that the success of Black Panther has helped get Shang Chi it's own film, which is way more than I could have hoped for. They have to get the fight choreography right. The Chinese martial arts can't look dumb. Also, I'm guessing there will be some Mandarin Chinese spoken in the film. I hope they get that right too, and don't have actors that can speak Mandarin well, but their dialects are inconsistent. Probably wouldn't rest easy with Chinese audiences. Especially when the film releases in China. 

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That's it?  He just does Martial Arts?  He doesn't have an Iron Fist or anything? 

In the comics  he can duplicate himself, that is a power that came on later on though, and I'm not sure how it would be better to do that or to just let him do martial arts. He is very proficient with other weapons as well, but I'll be curious to see how they go with him. I don't know a ton about him until I researched him yesterday.

• Like 1

I'm kind of curious too.  Could be like Hawkeye.  Technically, Hawkeye doesn't have any super powers, but c'mon, no mortal man aims like that.  Guarantee we see stuff like jumping higher or stronger, or more endurance that essentially is super human, even if he is a "non-powered" character.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:24 AM, Outpost31 said:

Better him than Paul Feige, who is also on Marvel's radar. 

If we get Feige, we're gonna get a movie where the Guardians of the Galaxy fight a villain named Patriarchy.  Star-Lord will go through a sex change operation, Drax will be turned into a sex-starved chauvinistic caricature, Melissa McCarthy will play Moondragon and Groot will start saying "I'm with her.-->"

Agree with that. But the part in bold sounds a little more accurate. ;)

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Interesting. I am not sure that I needed another Doctor Strange movie, but they did set-up a villain for the next one. I thought the first was good, but not as good as some of the other Marvel movies.

I'm on the other side of that fence.  I think it has held up better than most of the solo movies on repeat viewings and he's one of the more interesting characters they have going right now.  The first one I probably have in the 6-9 range in the MCU.  Mordo will make a great villain for the sequel, unless they are trying to save him for a 3rd movie.

• Like 2

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast