The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I'm on the other side of that fence.  I think it has held up better than most of the solo movies on repeat viewings and he's one of the more interesting characters they have going right now.  The first one I probably have in the 6-9 range in the MCU.  Mordo will make a great villain for the sequel, unless they are trying to save him for a 3rd movie.

Yep, I never understood the dislike for Dr. Strange.  I feel like it's one of the best movies from a movie standpoint in the MCU.  Strange is also probably my second or third favorite MCU character right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep, I never understood the dislike for Dr. Strange.  I feel like it's one of the best movies from a movie standpoint in the MCU.  Strange is also probably my second or third favorite MCU character right now. 

Outside of Thanos himself, whom the movie is really about, I thought Strange was the best character in Infinity War.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, things just got real interesting. The Black Widow spin-off film COULD be getting an R rating.

An effing BLACK WIDOW movie gets an R rating, but the most disgustingly violent character in all of comics (Carnage) doesn't? WTF? On what planet does THAT make sense? xD

But hey, this is great news for the rumored MCU Blade movie(s). Like I and others have said, if a property is geared towards adults, it shouldn't be kiddified, it just ruins it. That has no business being anything less than R if it's, in fact, really happening.

Oh, and Kevin Fiege officially confirmed in the same article that yes, Deadpool will, in fact, be rated R in the MCU. Good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edited by KManX89

On 12/12/2018 at 11:53 AM, Outpost31 said:

It's because it's an origin film about a narcissistic charterer who has an estranged relationship with women, gets into an accident that changes his life for worse and for better. 

It's a good film and probably better than Iron Man (Iron Man doesn't really hold up as well, still very good but like the villain is ehhhh...) 

How many MCU origin films have we had, we got one about a wizard and he's basically tony stark before his hands become confetti. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They said that about Iron Man

and Guardians

I think Marvel has earned a ton of benefit of the doubt on all projects under that Disney/Marvel imprint. 

Who said it about Iron Man? I understand the reluctance towards Guardians but I can't think of anyone who thought Iron Man was a bad idea. This along with the other TV series featuring MCU characters sounds like a really bad idea.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Who said it about Iron Man? I understand the reluctance towards Guardians but I can't think of anyone who thought Iron Man was a bad idea. This along with the other TV series featuring MCU characters sounds like a really bad idea.

nearly everyone. Especially when they cast RDJ, was thought to be a huge mistake and a ready made flop 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

They said that about Iron Man

and Guardians

I think Marvel has earned a ton of benefit of the doubt on all projects under that Disney/Marvel imprint. 

Yeah but this isn't marvel studios this is marvel TV, which generally has good shows but they've also done the inhumans and the Netflix shows so there's room for hesitation here.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

doing Iron Man then would be akin to DC trying to kick off their universe with The Atom or Plastic Man today. People familiar with the property were rightfully skeptical and people who werent didnt have initial interest. 

43 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

nearly everyone. Especially when they cast RDJ, was thought to be a huge mistake and a ready made flop 

People complain about casting all the time.

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

doing Iron Man then would be akin to DC trying to kick off their universe with The Atom or Plastic Man today. People familiar with the property were rightfully skeptical and people who werent didnt have initial interest. 

That seems like a serious reach. Iron Man had a cartoon in the 90's. He wasn't an A lister but also not a D lister.

36 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:
59 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That seems like a serious reach. Iron Man had a cartoon in the 90's. He wasn't an A lister but also not a D lister.

Elastic Man had a cartoon show in the late 70s to early 80s. The Atom had one in the 60s and is featured on a live action TV show. Doesn't seem like a reach to me based on that criteria. These guys are both C-lister, which is what Iron Man was until 2008. A D-lister would be someone like Bulleteer and Warmaker One. 

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast