The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It’s going to be interesting to see if this is a multiverse thing or just a rebrand of Electro using the same actor like how they did with J.K. Simmons/J. Jonah Jameson.

I was really hoping for a Kraven’s Last Hunt type story for SM3 tho.

Me too, seemed like the perfect scenario to do Kraven.
I know there was some talks of him getting his own movie at Sony.

34 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It’s going to be interesting to see if this is a multiverse thing or just a rebrand of Electro using the same actor like how they did with J.K. Simmons/J. Jonah Jameson.

I was really hoping for a Kraven’s Last Hunt type story for SM3 tho.

If they go the multiverse route, it makes sense for completely different versions of characters to be played by the same actor... to a degree 

27 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

If they go the multiverse route, it makes sense for completely different versions of characters to be played by the same actor... to a degree 

yeah there should be versions that are slight variations on what you've seen, different actors playing the same character (variations in their ancestors) and  all the way to entirely different people being a character. I know there are rumors of Isaiah Bradley being in FalconWS, but him being Captain America in another reality would've been a take on that type of stuff. 

They can do a lot with this. Pre Doctor Strange 2 getting a title I thought for sure they were gonna reset, de-escalate things...maybe do a Masters of Evil or villain teamup this phase.
But they are going the complete other way.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Yeah that makes sense.

Like a lot of people, I wasn’t a fan of TASM2 Electro. MCU/Disney seems smart and aware enough to know a lot of people weren’t fans of that Electro, so I think they’ll switch him up. I’m nervous yet intrigued.

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

First decision from marvel I absolutely hate.

You must have missed a handful of MCU movies.  LoL

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah that makes sense.

Like a lot of people, I wasn’t a fan of TASM2 Electro. MCU/Disney seems smart and aware enough to know a lot of people weren’t fans of that Electro, so I think they’ll switch him up. I’m nervous yet intrigued.

Electro wasn’t great but it was their portrayal of Max Dillon that was the problem.  It doesn’t make any sense to bring him back but I’m wondering if they use him like they did to start off the New Avengers comic.  Electro was the one who freed all the incarcerated villains from the super prison called The Raft.

New-Avengers-09-e1372461184873.jpg

New-Avengers-03-e1372462331592.jpg

49 minutes ago, D82 said:

I don't really have a problem with Foxx coming back. He isn't a bad actor, the character was just written so poorly. I have confidence this take will be much better. 

That's fair. It's just going to come with such a ... stink ... to it already, that it might be tough to see without blinders.