The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Didnt Olsen not want to do that? She wanted flexibility to do other projects. I could be mis-remembering though

Hmmm this is the only thing I found about that. I havent heard anything either 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2018/04/elizabeth-olsen-scarlet-witch-standalone-movie-1201950635/amp/

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They already are. They made sure of that with CM and girl powa! At least with SW the draw back with her is her mental stability much like the hulk. They could have set her up in a Dark Pheonix like role where is one of the good guys up until the end where she snaps and unleashes holy hell on everyone. 

JMO but we need a character like Wanda to start losing her grips on reality and become an almost Dr Manhatten level type threat to keep everyone on edge. Maybe even killing a few of the heroes by accident. 

They nerfed CM to some extent by keeping her offscreen.  I expect that to continue.

I don't have an issue necessarily with what you propose, but it does create issues.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

They nerfed CM to some extent by keeping her offscreen.  I expect that to continue.

I don't have an issue necessarily with what you propose, but it does create issues.

They did not put so much money into her just so she would be a side character. CM movie marketing campaign was shoved into a commercial so much it became obnoxious just to watch. No way she stays like that. 

I do agree that it can create some issues but I dont think we need to see Spiderman trying to fight Dormammu there can be movies where different hierarchy of threats and heroes exist. I mean it worked fine with Dr Strange heading into Infinity War from his movie.  

I've been watching a ton of Marvel movies ever since Disney+ came out.  I've watched them in this order over watching them by their release date:  https://www.amctheatres.com/amc-scene/the-best-way-to-rewatch-the-mcu

I've seen the first sixteen movies on that list.  I just watched Black Panther a hour ago.  I don't see the Spider-Man Homecoming movie on either Disney+ or Netflix, so I'll probably just skip it for now and move on to Doctor Strange and then Thor: Ragnarok.

53 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've been watching a ton of Marvel movies ever since Disney+ came out.  I've watched them in this order over watching them by their release date:  https://www.amctheatres.com/amc-scene/the-best-way-to-rewatch-the-mcu

I've seen the first sixteen movies on that list.  I just watched Black Panther a hour ago.  I don't see the Spider-Man Homecoming movie on either Disney+ or Netflix, so I'll probably just skip it for now and move on to Doctor Strange and then Thor: Ragnarok.

If you're watching them for the first time, that's a bad order to watch. If it's a re-watch, then I guess it'd be chronological for the most part.

Edited by kingseanjohn

1 hour ago, showtime said:

If they're not on Disney plus, they're still on Netflix. 

13 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

If you're watching them for the first time, that's a bad order to watch. If it's a re-watch, then I guess it'd be chronological for the most part.

Why is that a bad order to watch?  I've seen the first 16 movies on that list in that order and they've all pretty much flowed together smoothly because they're in chronological order.

50 minutes ago, showtime said:

Why is that a bad order to watch?  I've seen the first 16 movies on that list in that order and they've all pretty much flowed together smoothly because they're in chronological order.

Things/people being introduced in different orders. Plus if you watch the credits/end credits scenes things will be really confusing or potentially spoiled. Those scenes should only be watched in film release order imo

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Things/people being introduced in different orders. Plus if you watch the credits/end credits scenes things will be really confusing or potentially spoiled. Those scenes should only be watched in film release order imo

For example, Nick Fury was shown as his younger self in Captain Marvel because that movie happened earlier than most of the other movies even though it was released in 2019.  That gave me a great intro as to who he was and what he was about before I saw him in other movies.

On 12/10/2019 at 6:40 AM, The Gnat said:

Have you read House of M?

Yes, @Calvert28.  Read Avengers: Disassembled where this happens with Wanda.  And then read House of M where the Avengers and the X-Men have to deal with the aftermath.  Two of the greatest story arcs in Marvel Comics’ history.  

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, showtime said:

Spider-Man is not on Netflix or Disney+ from what I've seen.  I'll try checking again.

Homecoming or far from home?

I haven't checked myself, I've just noticed that some of the films are still on Netflix. 

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Homecoming or far from home?

I haven't checked myself, I've just noticed that some of the films are still on Netflix. 

A few films are on Netflix do to previous streaming agreements through the end of the year. As for Homecoming/Far From Home, i'm not sure if those will ever come to Disney+ because they are produced by Sony as well as Disney.

• Like 1

Just now, The Gnat said:

A few films are on Netflix do to previous streaming agreements through the end of the year. As for Homecoming/Far From Home, i'm not sure if those will ever come to Disney+ because they are produced by Sony as well as Disney.

Ah yeah good point