The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

I just saw Doctor Strange. It was a pretty good movie.  According to the list I am viewing, the movies have gotten pretty good.  I watched Iron Man 2 and the first two Thor movies early on and those honestly were not very good.  Kind of put me off at first, but I kept going and I'm glad I did.

I'm on movie #19 on the list, which is Thor: Ragnarok.  After that it's Ant-Man and the Wasp, Avengers: Infinity War and then Avengers End Game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

I just saw Doctor Strange. It was a pretty good movie.  According to the list I am viewing, the movies have gotten pretty good.  I watched Iron Man 2 and the first two Thor movies early on and those honestly were not very good.  Kind of put me off at first, but I kept going and I'm glad I did.

I'm on movie #19 on the list, which is Thor: Ragnarok.  After that it's Ant-Man and the Wasp, Avengers: Infinity War and then Avengers End Game.

You're in for a treat. 

• Like 3

I just finished Thor: Ragnarok.  It was better than the other Thor movies by far, but that's not really saying much considering the first two Thor movies are among the worst in the MCU.  I actually don't hate Dark World as much as a lot of people do, but still.  The one thing about this Thor movie that's much different than the others is the amount of comedy that is here.  Seems like the writers/directors finally discovered that Chris Hemsworth can actually be funny and the story doesn't need to be intensely dry and serious all the time.

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

I just finished Thor: Ragnarok.  It was better than the other Thor movies by far, but that's not really saying much considering the first two Thor movies are among the worst in the MCU.  I actually don't hate Dark World as much as a lot of people do, but still.  The one thing about this Thor movie that's much different than the others is the amount of comedy that is here.  Seems like the writers/directors finally discovered that Chris Hemsworth can actually be funny and the story doesn't need to be intensely dry and serious all the time.

I'm a pretty big Ragnarok hater because I think it's too jokey and kills all the stakes. I think the next three you'll see are much better. A few great ones left.

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

Ya I don’t think they knew what Thor was until he was in the Avengers movies.  Also Ragnarok steals a lot of the GOTY tone and feel.  

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm a pretty big Ragnarok hater because I think it's too jokey and kills all the stakes. I think the next three you'll see are much better. A few great ones left.

I can see the point of view.  However, Thor was so dry in the previous movies.  In the first Thor, he had almost no personality at all.  He was like a meathead robot.  Tom Hiddleston is so great as Loki.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I can see the point of view.  However, Thor was so dry in the previous movies.  In the first Thor, he had almost no personality at all.  He was like a meathead robot.  Tom Hiddleston is so great as Loki.

For sure. Hemsworth is undeniably great. 

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I think it was meant that way

You're right.  It was 100% meant that way.  Those two movies were made earlier in the MCU, especially the first Thor movie.  Thor: Ragnarok was made in 2017, so it's one of the more modern films.  They learned over the years to lighten it up a bit.  They have great actors with some really impressive range; they finally let Hemsworth show some of that.

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

I just watched Ant-Man and the Wasp.  I have one question.  Where does Luis rank in the greatest characters in MCU history?

=)

Not that high, but he does do a good job of getting you up to pace when you have to miss some by going to the bathroom.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast