The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

My initial reaction is that while it's a good movie, Infinity War's ending was very polarizing for me and that does take off some of the excitement I had for the movie.  I like a lot of things about it, and I have a feeling my impression of Infinity War will change once I see Endgame.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

My initial reaction is that while it's a good movie, Infinity War's ending was very polarizing for me and that does take off some of the excitement I had for the movie.  I like a lot of things about it, and I have a feeling my impression of Infinity War will change once I see Endgame.

Expand on this.  I feel like I was the same way but I don't want to spoil anything.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Expand on this.  I feel like I was the same way but I don't want to spoil anything.

Basically, Thanos has all of the infinity stones.  Then it just ends.  Some heroes disappear, but it doesn't say why they did or what happens next.  It just ends abruptly after all that build up.  Don't know what's going to happen.  Real cliffhanger.

I'm sure all of that was intended and Endgame will clear a lot of things up.  If that's the case, it's basically a five and a half hour movie just split into two different movies.

Just now, showtime said:

Basically, Thanos has all of the infinity stones.  Then it just ends.  Some heroes disappear, but it doesn't say why they did or what happens next.  It just ends abruptly after all that build up.  Don't know what's going to happen.  Real cliffhanger.

I'm sure all of that was intended and Endgame will clear a lot of things up.  If that's the case, it's basically a five and a half hour movie just split into two different movies.

When they originally pitched Infinity War it was supposed to be one movie.  Then they decided everything they wanted to do with the story was too long, so they had to split it up into 2 movies.  

I loved Infinity War but Endgame is better IMO.  You're in for one hell of a viewing experience.  

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's a Thanos movie where he wins and it ends on a cliffhanger. It's shocking, incredible and makes you want to watch Endgame.

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

You didn’t understand why only some heroes disappeared? It’s explained what happens if thanos gets the stones earlier in the movie.

Edited by Fresh Prince
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

You didn’t understand why only some heroes disappeared? It’s explained what happens if thanos gets the stones earlier in the movie.

I meant, I didn't understand why some of the heroes disappeared and others didn't.  Like, why did Black Panther disappear, but Black Widow didn't?  Or why did most of the new characters disappear, while the OG Avengers all didn't?  After just watching this movie and not Endgame, the answer is apparently all of that happened by chance.  That just seems kind of corny to me that magically most or all the OG characters didn't disappear, yet most of the new ones did.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I meant, I didn't understand why some of the heroes disappeared and others didn't.  Like, why did Black Panther disappear, but Black Widow didn't?  Or why did most of the new characters disappear, while the OG Avengers all didn't?  After just watching this movie and not Endgame, the answer is apparently all of that happened by chance.  That just seems kind of corny to me that magically most or all the OG characters didn't disappear, yet most of the new ones did.

The real life answer is they had a lot of the new actors under contract for many more movies and a lot of the OG Avengers contracts were expiring.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Also, they almost had his gauntlet off, yet Star Lord can't contain himself.  Doctor Strange never uses time reversal during that fight.... the same time reversal that Thanos used to get the stone from Vision after Wanda had destroyed it.

You could argue Dr Strange looked at that possibility and found that it wasn't the one way they defeat Thanos.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

You could argue Dr Strange looked at that possibility and found that it wasn't the one way they defeat Thanos.  

Just seemed like the classic, "There's only one way we can do this" type of thing that happens in movies.  Doctor Strange never even uses the time stone at all during that long fight, as far as I can recall.

Just now, showtime said:

Just seemed like the classic, "There's only one way we can do this" type of thing that happens in movies.  Doctor Strange never even uses the time stone at all during that long fight, as far as I can recall.

He used his magic and saw that there was only 1 possible way to defeat Thanos.  Obviously that way wasn't using the time stone.  I mean Thanos can literally alter reality at this point so who knows what affect it would have had.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol, ****, someone complaining about so and so not working when it’s literally right there in the movie that Doctor Strange looked at 14 million outcomes.  That explains literally every potential plot hole up until the moment Thanos is defeated.

I forgot about that scene.  That makes more sense.

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast