The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

Okay so this is more of just me not understanding the full scope of what's going on.  This is pretty much my first time with any of these characters.  I've never seen any other movies (outside of the MCU) and never read any comics.  Probably would help if I watched the movies again at some point.

Just now, showtime said:

Okay so this is more of just me not understanding the full scope of what's going on.  This is pretty much my first time with any of these characters.  I've never seen any other movies (outside of the MCU) and never read any comics.  Probably would help if I watched the movies again at some point.

You should just plow through Endgame now.  

38 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

and?

I like the way nearly all the characters went out.  Black Widow and Iron Man dying for the world.  Captain America getting his dance with Peggy and being an old man.  Banner really not being able to be 'Hulk' anymore.  All of that was really cool and done well.  I don't like the Thor thing.  How he was a obese slob nearly the entire movie.  He fits in well with the Guardians of the Galaxy because he has great chemistry with Star Lord and Rocket, but it's still a huge stretch.  Overall, it was a nice and worthy send off for all the characters (except Thor). 

I'm actually glad it's done with.  It was literal perfect timing, at least for me.  At the end of this movie I felt relived that I didn't have to watch anymore Iron Man, Captain America, or just Avengers in general.  I'm really looking forward to more Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and other characters.

EDIT:  The Thor thing may be something I just don't understand.  I'm not sure.

EDIT 2:  After thinking about it some more, is Thor just sad and broken?  Life is not the same without his family/friends.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yes, Thor is broken. Dead father, mother, brother, and all his friends + he blames himself for not killing Thanos when he had the chance and bares the weight of half of the universe being snapped out of existence.

I get that.  I guess that's fine because it's not really a goodbye for Thor like it was the other characters.  Seems like Thor will be back.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Oh, so was that the end for Thor as well?  He left with the Guardians and I know there's another Thor movie coming out in the future. 

Yea, its possible he still has future movies. But in terms of being Thor' Thor, probably not.

Natalie Portman was at comic and the director or producer knelt in front of her and handed her mjolnir with Hemsworth clapping in the background. There are some things that studios do when they leak things like a tell in playing poker. That to me was a wide eyes give away. 

11 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

It'd be more highly regarded if the route they had taken him in Endgame wasn't done comedically. His story arc is definitely the deepest on paper.

The comedic route made it perfect imo. People such as Robin Williams, Chester Benington, etc were all smiling and joking around days, if not hours, before committing suicide. Depression makes people do strange things and think/act differently. Thor let himself go physically and became a common-ish man. Everything about his actions and in-actions make sense for someone who went through what he did.

10 hours ago, showtime said:

So just by magic coincidence all of the original Avengers just happened to survive?  Seems kind of silly.

Someone mentioned Stark on Titan, but somewhere in the movie/series Thanos spared the rest (mostly) at various parts. I don't know if off the top of my head but I may look for references later.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

I get that.  I guess that's fine because it's not really a goodbye for Thor like it was the other characters.  Seems like Thor will be back.

Thor will be back. As far as his appearance...

• Thor's mother is killed
  • Jane leaves him
  • His father dies
  • His weapon Mjolnir, given to him by his father, is destroyed
  • His home world is destroyed
  • Thanos kills half of his remaining people
  • His best friend Heimdall is killed in front of him
  • His brother, Loki, is killed in front of him
  • He had a chance to avenge to his people/Heimdall/Loki by killing Thanos and fails; resulting in the snap

Just defeat after defeat and heartbreak after heartbreak. All of those things happened in a small time frame. He never dealt with it and instead sat around eating crap and drinking beer while being emotionally unstable. Chris Hemsworth did an amazing job and doesn't get enough credit for it iyam.

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast