The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

53 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I hope Kitty Pryde is the focal point of the MCU X-Men. Fox did her so dirty. 

I'm torn at how I think they should go about it. Agree with Kitty though. She's one of a lot of characters that should be way better in this version.

I think it'd make sense to do like a mid to late 20s First Class team. Let that team be like entering their prime and be done right. Then have that next generation start to be introduced. Using Kitty as that audience character, entering the School and growing into what she becomes fits more than what Singer did with Rouge. And you can do that in a show and spend more time with them all, get the older cast to be supporting characters. 

Then on top of it you have the Deadpool side of things, there was that rumored Logan anthology series (which sounds too good to be true. And they can do stuff with the brotherhood and other parts of that universe too.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Then on top of it you have the Deadpool side of things, there was that rumored Logan anthology series (which sounds too good to be true. And they can do stuff with the brotherhood and other parts of that universe too.

First I've heard of it but it sounds AMAZING! Give me a few years of that; his journey through the world wars, weapon x events, could include the Hellfire Club (which needs its own show), with the series ending when Logan meets Prof. X. Make it happen Feige!

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I agree. I'm a little sad though that we'll never get to see them interact with Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, or anyone else who leaves before then. Really hoping that Marvel can keep using Tom Holland/Spiderman so we can get some interactions there.

Yeah, it's sad that we won't get certain things from the books. Like seeing the Illuminati with the actors who are in those roles or could be would just be cool to see. There is so much that would just be fun to see Tony bounce off of.

But it's ok. If they do well enough with building characters we care about / keep casting well, there will be other moments the will be unique. And it'll be cool, because like the comics you're living with these characters for years. Will be a decade this year since Thor 1, they are finally cashing in on the Ten Rings all the way back at the beginning. Like right now one of the things I'm hoping for the most is Midnight Sons with Strange, Blade, Moon Knight, Bernthal's Punisher and others as a supernatural/horror-y team up. Will they do it? Dunno...but it's on the table now and thats so awesome.

Nice thing about Disney+ is we'll get way more of this stuff running concurrently, so it shouldn't be as much of a problem going forward.

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

First I've heard of it but it sounds AMAZING! Give me a few years of that; his journey through the world wars, weapon x events, could include the Hellfire Club (which needs its own show), with the series ending when Logan meets Prof. X. Make it happen Feige!

I can't remember the source, but yeah if it was true it'd be awesome. Not gonna get my hopes up until more official word comes out. But imagine in like something else they just drop like a tease of the Weapon X lab. Then kinda like The Book of Boba Fett it's a surprise series coming soon after.

Like basically take that opening from X-men Origins: Wolverine and expand it out. Could be awesome. 
Especially if the main point was A) Establish MCU Logan B) Establish him having been around the whole time. 

Would be sweet to get him back in WW2 fighting with The Howling Commandos or something like that, maybe show off the Elder Baron Zemo back then. Some of the other Cap WW2 stuff they had to leave behind. (Which a Howling Commandos show would probably be the most excited announcement for my dad ha) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I'm torn at how I think they should go about it. Agree with Kitty though. She's one of a lot of characters that should be way better in this version.

I think it'd make sense to do like a mid to late 20s First Class team. Let that team be like entering their prime and be done right. Then have that next generation start to be introduced. Using Kitty as that audience character, entering the School and growing into what she becomes fits more than what Singer did with Rouge. And you can do that in a show and spend more time with them all, get the older cast to be supporting characters. 

I kinda want them to reverse engineer the current circumstances in the Hickman run where Mutants all live on an island Krokoa, which is actually mutant island that has biological plant based gateways that only people with the mutant gene can use making it a completely inaccessible island to anyone other than mutants. In the comics, they sequester themselves there and operate in the world via specific and focused teams and shell corporations. They basically bought their independence from the world by selling countries a drug well beyond current science that Krokoa makes possible due to the mutated plant life that grows there. So what I posit is that instead of migrating there in present time, have this been done well before the age of information, maybe the 60s or 70s, when any word of mutant was hearsay and myth. Have them operate a legitimate pharmaceutical company to finance themselves but the origins of which are secret to the world. Have active characters in the MCU have run in with Krokoa agents with a storyline that leads the world to discover, eventually, the island and consequentially the mutants existence. This is deep cut ish and most casual fans would probably HATE it but it would be a very unique way to introduce them, explain away the lack of mention of mutants to this point, and have them somewhat established as a group so we don't have to waste time with a coming together story. 

33 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm kinda hoping for Rogue myself. Mostly want to see her neuter Captain Marvel and go through a villain phase.

I too very much want to see villain Rogue. Pretty sure I pitched the story as it would fit in the MCU like 50 pages ago. 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I kinda want them to reverse engineer the current circumstances in the Hickman run where Mutants all live on an island Krokoa, which is actually mutant island that has biological plant based gateways that only people with the mutant gene can use making it a completely inaccessible island to anyone other than mutants. In the comics, they sequester themselves there and operate in the world via specific and focused teams and shell corporations. They basically bought their independence from the world by selling countries a drug well beyond current science that Krokoa makes possible due to the mutated plant life that grows there. So what I posit is that instead of migrating there in present time, have this been done well before the age of information, maybe the 60s or 70s, when any word of mutant was hearsay and myth. Have them operate a legitimate pharmaceutical company to finance themselves but the origins of which are secret to the world. Have active characters in the MCU have run in with Krokoa agents with a storyline that leads the world to discover, eventually, the island and consequentially the mutants existence. This is deep cut ish and most casual fans would probably HATE it but it would be a very unique way to introduce them, explain away the lack of mention of mutants to this point, and have them somewhat established as a group so we don't have to waste time with a coming together story.

Certainly a way different take, would take away that "well where the hell were they? question."
Woulda fit in well with the cut pandemic storyline from FATWS.

I think if they did that they'd probably have to do flash backs and tie in past events to why they went into hiding. Could be one of the many reasons why Magneto is Magneto in the MCU. As long as mutant genes pop up randomly all over the world it'd work. Would it be like Xavier mentally wiping traces of them? Like him protecting kids and saving them (though that could read a little weird after the last couple years ha), but also wiping things that certain mutants were doing in a bad way too.

Guess the kicking off event would be something happening to Charles and the veil dropping ever so slightly? Enough for something to blow up and catch everyone's attention.

There is a lot of commentary I think people still need with the xmen about acceptance from yourself and from your community. So I'd want them to be integrated in some way.

Disney better not dumb down Bernthal's punisher. All of the talk of them trying to lighten up Deadpool has me worried.

Let's leave characters like the Punisher, Deadpool, and Logan to the more graphic, rated R kind of movies. Would also love to see Deborah Ann Woll come back as Karen because her and Bernthal worked awesome with each other. 

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Disney better not dumb down Bernthal's punisher. All of the talk of them trying to lighten up Deadpool has me worried.

Let's leave characters like the Punisher, Deadpool, and Logan to the more graphic, rated R kind of movies. Would also love to see Deborah Ann Woll come back as Karen because her and Bernthal worked awesome with each other. 

Is Berthal's Punisher even confirmed as coming back?  If they are going to fold him in, you have to acknowledge all of The Defenders really, even if you don't use them all going forward, you need to have their experiences as canon.  Nothing they did really conflicts with the MCU so it wouldn't be hard.

14 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Is Berthal's Punisher even confirmed as coming back?  If they are going to fold him in, you have to acknowledge all of The Defenders really, even if you don't use them all going forward, you need to have their experiences as canon.  Nothing they did really conflicts with the MCU so it wouldn't be hard.

The rumor is they are using the characters and actors, but any history from the show is non canon, so they can reinvent the characters as they see fit.

47 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021/04/21/exclusive-marvel-bringing-back-some-netflix-characters-to-mcu/

Same characters, but nothing will be connected to the shows. I can't see Bernthal being down with a PC Punisher, but probably depends how much money they'll throw at them. 

13 hours ago, JonStark said:

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021/04/21/exclusive-marvel-bringing-back-some-netflix-characters-to-mcu/

Same characters, but nothing will be connected to the shows. I can't see Bernthal being down with a PC Punisher, but probably depends how much money they'll throw at them. 

It’s why I think they might go with some of the more Supernatural stuff he’s gotten into or Thunderbolts. He can be the same rough bullet blasting Frank if it’s against non humans. Also shows a different side of him.

But maybe he could just be back for some street level stuff.