The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I meant 2

but for my money the only not good MCU flicks are Dark World and Hulk

I have to go back and watch the Hulk. I remember liking it when it came out and I saw it in theaters. 

I've still never seen Dark World and I don't think I will.

6 hours ago, D82 said:

Not really. 

IM3, Dark World, and Hulk are easily my bottom three. Haven't seen Black Widow yet and not sure I will. 

SPOILER FREE: The only thing you'd be missing out on by not watching BW, imo, is a good performance by David Harbour, the introduction of Florence Pugh as Yelena, and the post credit scene. I think you could easily skip it.

11 hours ago, D82 said:

Not really. 

IM3, Dark World, and Hulk are easily my bottom three. Haven't seen Black Widow yet and not sure I will. 

I can see not paying to watch it in theaters or paying the extra $30 to watch it now on Disney+ but I'd at least recommend watching once it's his Disney+ without having to pay extra for it in October (I think it's October anyway). It's not a great movie by any means but it's entertaining enough to be worth watching once.

EDIT:

Unless of course you don't have Disney+

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I can see not paying to watch it in theaters or paying the extra $30 to watch it now on Disney+ but I'd at least recommend watching once it's his Disney+ without having to pay extra for it in October (I think it's October anyway). It's not a great movie by any means but it's entertaining enough to be worth watching once.

EDIT:

Unless of course you don't have Disney+

I have D+, so I’ll probably give it a watch when it hits for free…but it doesn’t sound like I’m missing a lot. 

28 minutes ago, D82 said:

I have D+, so I’ll probably give it a watch when it hits for free…but it doesn’t sound like I’m missing a lot. 

Yelena was the only real thing worth watching. Maybe Red Guardian, too.

• Like 1

I think Black Widow has 2 fantastic action sequences, some decent humor sprinkled throughout, and helps flesh out the characters back story.  Is it vital to understanding the future of the MCU?  Probably not, but it's still a solid middle of the pack MCU movie, which is typically quite a bit better than most other comic book properties.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 4:31 PM, THE DUKE said:

I agree with those as the bottom 2, but even those I can enjoy watching.

Right, those aren't amazing but still better than most movies in this genre.  Better than all the DC stuff, even Wonder Woman.

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Right, those aren't amazing but still better than most movies in this genre.  Better than all the DC stuff, even Wonder Woman.

That's a stretch. Dark World isn't good by any measure. Even compared to the garbage universe DC has put together.

DCEU movies i'd put above Dark World

Man of Steel
Wonder Woman (although this movie really suffers on repeat viewings)
Snyder Cut
maybe Shazam, that one's close. This is another one that suffers on repeat viewings.

I think I put Incredible Hulk above the Snyder Cut, Iron Man 3 above Wonder Woman.  Close call between Man of Steel and Captain Marvel, but I think Man of Steel still.  Iron Man 2 vs Man of Steel.  I think Iron Man 2.  The rest of the MCU above that.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

That's a stretch. Dark World isn't good by any measure. Even compared to the garbage universe DC has put together.

40 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Highly disagree.

It's mostly dull, but it's not like it full of plot holes, bad transitions, meaningless side paths, or anything like that.  The movie flows fine, has a clear Act 1/2/3, and makes sense.  It's just dull.

36 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Wonder Woman (although this movie really suffers on repeat viewings)

This is the only one i'd consider better, but like you said, it really suffers from repeat viewings.  The ending is just bad.  And not introducing the bad guy until the very end just makes it jarring for the audience.  

9 minutes ago, theJ said:

It's mostly dull, but it's not like it full of plot holes, bad transitions, meaningless side paths, or anything like that.  The movie flows fine, has a clear Act 1/2/3, and makes sense.  It's just dull.

That's arguably the worst sin a movie can have though.

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast