The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

34 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I could see him more as SS then Johnny Blaze, or Kraven.

When I think of Keanu playing SS, I just imagine a silver version of Klaatu with more action.

If we're going to force Keanu into a role I'd be interested in seeing his version of Sebastian Shaw or Mr. Sinister. I don't see him committing to several years worth of movies, so a one shot villain may be the best bet. I wouldn't mind a Johnny Blaze who gives up the Ghost Rider mantle after a movie or two. Maybe they do a prequel where he interacts with Robbie Reyes from Agents of Shield, to reintroduce him to the masses.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Susan Storm?  Ugh please no.  Her Mystique was terrible and a poor choice to help anchor the X-Men franchise.  Hopefully this is just gossip.

I know she was over Mystique and begrudgingly had to stay in them. It was just bad casting and writing for that character. She wasn’t without fault there though yeah.

Kinda on the nose casting, wishing for a little more interesting choices for f4. Like a Ana de Armas or someone more off the radar for the role.

48 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I know she was over Mystique and begrudgingly had to stay in them. It was just bad casting and writing for that character. She wasn’t without fault there though yeah.

No doubt she wasn’t exactly given material that resembles the complex Mystique we all know.  The shapeshifting assassin would have been a better part to play as an actor than the shapeshifting JV team leader we got.  She sat thru all those hours of makeup for a lousy written rendition of Mystique. It was just a poor fit from the start. 

You could tell she was on cruise control during these movies. I get why Fox tried to piggyback off her popularity at the time but they should’ve cast her as anyone other character.  She would’ve been a better Emma Frost and maybe could have brought the moxie that January Jones couldn’t pull off herself in the role. 

12 hours ago, thrILL! said:
Susan Storm?  Ugh please no.  Her Mystique was terrible and a poor choice to help anchor the X-Men franchise.  Hopefully this is just gossip.

There are so many properties without proper cast announcements that this could be tied to. She could be an American participant in Shang-Chi's tourney. She could be reprising in Multiverse of Madness. Personally I would LOVE her to be Marlene Alraune in Moon Knight.

Spoiler

She is the daughter of the lead archeologist in Egypt on a dig that Marc Spector is on. It is attacked by a villain named Bushman, who brutally murders Marlene's dad right in front of her. Spector saves her and then encounter Knoshu, the god who decrees him the Moon Knight. From there Marlene falls in love with Spector and become his confidante. She also pushes him into the Moon Knight identity. In some books its alluded that she blames herself for Marc developing schizophrenia. It is a really complicated role and I think Lawrence would rock it. 

The 3 stars of Spider-Man have all posted a Spider-Man 3 title on Instagram, while offical photos have also been released. Tom Holland is on Fallon tonight, so rumors of course swirling that he’ll release the title today. I’m skeptical because Fallon is of course not Disney/Kimmel nor Sony, but who doesn’t like a little speculation.

Tom Holland (Phone Home)

Zendaya (Home Slice)

Jacob Batalon (Home-Wrecker)

24 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:
29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No Way Home pretty much confirms Holland’s Spider-Man gets caught in different universes, right?

I took it as a reference to him outed as Spider-Man.  Both could easily be true.

I could see both, but I think Tom Holland still has one more team-up movie to do, and I remember a few months ago Sony and Disney were talking about extending the use of Spider-Man in the MCU. I kind of think they'll want him for a Young Avengers thing.

14 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I could see both, but I think Tom Holland still has one more team-up movie to do, and I remember a few months ago Sony and Disney were talking about extending the use of Spider-Man in the MCU. I kind of think they'll want him for a Young Avengers thing.

I see no reason why Sony or Disney would end this marriage unless No Way Home bombs HARD. But even if it SUCKS it will still probably make them oodles of money so they will keep going. 

Am I the only one who thinks this is a Disney/Sony compromise vehicle and that Sony gets their Spider-Man and Marvel gets their Venom and Sony leaves Holland alone?

I’d bet 100 bucks there’s a Sony Spider-Man introduced in this movie.

Marvel wants to keep this going for another 10 years at least.  The old crowd isn’t sticking around and 2/3 unofficially or officially left after Endgame.

Marvel needs Holland.

Holland needs time to do other movies.

He won’t be able to be Spider-Man for two franchises.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast