The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

On 3/24/2021 at 11:41 AM, August4th said:

as someone who goes to the moves by themselves only paying $8(I don't buy food) I forget how expensive that experience can be for people lol

Yeah with a family it gets to be pretty high.

With Moviepass / A list I was able to get trips down to like $8/14, $4 for just the ticket when you averaged the monthly cost. My GF would come like half the time I did but had mp/a list too...just with a hire average $7 per.

Still a ton to spend per month but it was like the only hobby I spent money on outside of gaming.

• 4 weeks later...

Never thought I'd see the day Shang Chi was made a reality for live action. A big budget film no less. Some things I noticed:

- Michelle Yeoh wasn't even in the trailer yet. Same with Fala Chen I think.

- So are the ten rings in the MCU not like in the comics? They are actual bracelets more so that go on each arm? 5 on one arm, and 5 on the other? We see someone with them uses them to break a table. Will Shang Chi acquire them at the end of the film? I am a little sad they aren't rings, but I guess they couldn't get around that being too hokey even for MCU standards. 

- Razorfist has only one arm with a razor. The other is just a normal hand. In the comics both are razor hands.

- Good to see a lot shot in my neck of the woods of San Francisco. 

- Fight scenes looks great.

So weird that the Mandarin is his father. But that's a twist that the MCU adopted that I'm ok with. I guess they had to do it due to the shaky origins of both the Mandarin and Fu Manchu. 

Also, I guess Awkwafina is playing the ditzy best friend again like she did in Crazy Rich Asians. *shrug* But at least we got Tony Leung. He will kill it in this film as the Mandarin. I heard his voice might be dubbed though, which I hope isn't true, because his English is good. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

So weird that the Mandarin is his father. But that's a twist that the MCU adopted that I'm ok with. I guess they had to do it due to the shaky origins of both the Mandarin and Fu Manchu. 

Has this been confirmed? He is listed as Wenwu, which to my knowledge is not a known alias of the Mandarin or a name used in the comics at all. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Has this been confirmed? He is listed as Wenwu, which to my knowledge is not a known alias of the Mandarin or a name used in the comics at all. 

Yeah, it's basically a mix of Mandarin, and Fu Manchu characters. Even said it on the back of his Marvel Legends toy package lol. And you can tell from the trailer he basically had Shang live in America for a decade, and now he wants him to come home to be the new leader of the ten rings or whatever. Which is similar to his first origin story. Conflicts with pops. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

8 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah, it's basically a mix of Mandarin, and Fu Manchu characters. Even said it on the back of his Marvel Legends toy package lol. 

It really doesnt though

“Shang-Chi’s father Wenwu is the feared leader of the Ten Rings Organization, which has lurked in the shadows of the MCU since the very beginning.“

Don’t want to second guess Marvel, but I feel like he ought to have been introduced first in a different Marvel movie before his intro movie.  Just for business reasons (generate interest in the character to lead to better “box office.”)

This one I might stall on watching.  I dislike most Martial Arts movies with a few exceptions.

Looks a little bland, which might be a nice change of pace and give the character a little more room to grow.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast