The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

If Shang-Chi has the number of eyeballs seeing it equivalent to a pre-covid $75-$80 million opening, then that is going to be a huge success for the MCU.  And odds are it is going to open huge in China, which is probably the whole point of introducing this character, to hit that gigantic market hard.

18 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I disagree with this and wish more of the actors could/would pass on the torch.

These characters are bigger than one actor.  

If/when we get a new really good comic book extended universe, my hope would be that they would use a Flash Point or time travel mega movie almost exactly like Endgame to send off the old actors/actresses and start fresh with new ones at the same time.

Maybe i should have said: they've already set the precedent that when the RL actor/actress ages, they'll phase out the character and not re-cast.  Agreed that it can be done.

However, i'm ok with their established precedent in this case.  Not re-casting (by and large) has linked the person to the character in the viewers eyes, and we've grown more attached.  If we were on our 3rd Steve Rogers by now, would we care as much?  Likely not.

To quote Vision - "A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts"

I'm invested more in this because i know it will end at some point.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I love GOT but she's a pretty terrible actress.  

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Agreed. 

I feel like she certainly has the knack for comedic humor.  Just a hunch because I’ve never seen her in anything comedic, but I’ve always said that humor is 90% timing and she has that down in her dramatic acting.

I’m excited to see what kind of role she has in the MCU.  If she’s a serious grump type serious character, I don’t think she’ll do as well as if she takes on a more comedic relief type role.

Still, I never thought terrible actress with her.  Terrible writing and her not overcoming it maybe, but never terrible acting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Still, I never thought terrible actress with her.  Terrible writing and her not overcoming it maybe, but never terrible acting.

Whatever Genysis was, it was garbage. It was probably a lot of bolded, but that said, she was awful in it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Whatever Genysis was, it was garbage. It was probably a lot of bolded, but that said, she was awful in it. 

35 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Everything was awful in it

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

She sucked in Solo too.

All true, but all points back to writing.

Think back before Daenerys got her major ego.

She was decent.