The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

On 4/24/2021 at 12:02 AM, Kiltman said:

It’s why I think they might go with some of the more Supernatural stuff he’s gotten into or Thunderbolts. He can be the same rough bullet blasting Frank if it’s against non humans. Also shows a different side of him.

But maybe he could just be back for some street level stuff.

Not necessarily true. Underworld was pretty much all creature gore and it was R, and before you say "it was the F-bombs, bruh", it had exactly 3 F-bombs, which SOME PG-13 movies HAVE managed to get away with (surprise, surprise), not a lot, but some have, so yeah, it was the gore that ultimately got them the higher certificate (seriously, this is an R, creature gore or no). Sucker Punch was all creature gore as well and they still had to cut the second half of the castle fight to secure a PG-13 rating, which is in the R-rated extended cut.

But yeah, eff no on a dumbed-down MCU Punisher. How is this even an option in the year 2021? The 2005 game had to be toned down just to avoid an AO FFS, that's not something you can really portray/hide with a PG-13 nor is his Netflix run. Seriously. Luckily they said they won't be dumbing down Deadpool 3, but that's presumably it for R-rated MCU movies unfortunately. I can deal with a watered-down Blade, but Deadpool or Punisher? No, just no.

Hell, just do a post-credits scene with Bernthal's Punisher showing up Deadpool like only he can and the kiddo's parents have fair warning under the family-friendly MCU banner like they did with DP3 (which they'll probably ignore, anyway, again, lol), they get free advertising for their next R-rated MCU bloodventure, the fans get what they want, win-win-win.

Edited by KManX89

@KManX89, the MPAA literally allows a single F-word in a PG-13 movie.

You might find an exception of one movie, but you won’t find two, and you won’t find a single PG-13 movie with 3 F-words.

It’s literally in the MPAA.  A PG-13 movie can have a single F word.  If it’s a sexual F-bomb, it’s an R with one.

It would take a 2/3 majority of all MPAA raters to overrule a second F bomb.

You say the F word twice and it’s an R.

You say it in a sexual way, like, “I ****ed your mom,” it’s an R.

First Eternals footage, at the 2:20 mark

Also new titles and solidifying dates

BLACK WIDOW - July 9, 2021

Shang-Chi - September 3, 2021

Eternals - November 5, 2021

Spider-Man No Way Home - December 17, 2021

Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness - March 25, 2022

Thor LOVE & THUNDER - May 6, 2022

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - July 8, 2022

The Marvels - November 11, 2022

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 
February 17, 2023

GOTGVOL3- May 5, 2023

Ends in a Fantastic 4 tease. 

A second of Eternals footage was in this.

New titles/dates 

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - July 8, 2022

The Marvels - November 11, 2022

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - February 17, 2023

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 3 - May 5, 2023

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@KManX89, the MPAA literally allows a single F-word in a PG-13 movie.

You might find an exception of one movie, but you won’t find two, and you won’t find a single PG-13 movie with 3 F-words.

It’s literally in the MPAA.  A PG-13 movie can have a single F word.  If it’s a sexual F-bomb, it’s an R with one.

It would take a 2/3 majority of all MPAA raters to overrule a second F bomb.

You say the F word twice and it’s an R.

You say it in a sexual way, like, “I ****ed your mom,” it’s an R.

Maybe they're outliers and maybe it's not the usual MPAA guidelines (no, not maybe, it's not), but A Civil Action and Up Close And Personal had 3 F-bombs and somehow managed to sneak by the MPAA with a PG-13.

So, while there are the extremely rare PG-13 movies with 3 F-bombs, I can't name a single PG-13 movie with the level of gore seen in Underworld as I mentioned earlier, probably because it doesn't exist.

So cue the "creature gore is totes okay", "PG-13 can show tons of red stuff as long as you don't show a *** or say one too many f*cks", I hear that second one quite a bit and it's a real pet peeve of mine because it's just not true. Can anyone name a single PG-13 sequel or remake of an R-rated movie that was as violent as the originals? The answer is you can't. Compare the original RoboCop and Total Recall to the remakes, the originals were actually violent, the remakes were just tame. Likewise, compare T1 and T2 to Salvation and Genisys and I know in my heart of hearts which ones were more gruesome.

Hell, even showing too many bloodless stabbings in PG-13 is forbidden. The Wolverine had to cut the ninja fight and a bunch of other shots to retain a PG-13 even with all the gore removed, this was confirmed by James Mangold himself in the unrated Blu-Ray commentary track (which I have BTW). I shudder to think what would have to be cut from Deadpool or Logan. Hell, in the former's case, it wasn't possible without gutting the story, which is why it was banned in China.

So yeah, forgive me if I don't want to see a neutered Punisher.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

First Eternals footage

The first half of this with Lee dub was amazing 

4 minutes ago, Acgott said:

The Marvels - November 11, 2022

This title change suggests to me that Spectrum, Blue Marvel, and Ms. Marvel will be in this flick. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

This title change suggests to me that Spectrum, Blue Marvel, and Ms. Marvel will be in this flick. 

Hadn’t thought of Blue Marvel, that’d make sense. 
Like the change, gives some respect to Monica and Kamala. When they announced they were in it it seemed like as support. But this seems like it’s much more all their movie. We’ll have spent more time with them than we have Carol by the time that movie hits. Unless she shows up in something.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

It feels like it should be for DC’s version of the Marvel Family.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Also new titles and solidifying dates

BLACK WIDOW - July 9, 2021

Shang-Chi - September 3, 2021

Eternals - November 5, 2021

Spider-Man No Way Home - December 17, 2021

Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness - March 25, 2022

Thor LOVE & THUNDER - May 6, 2022

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - July 8, 2022

The Marvels - November 11, 2022

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 
February 17, 2023

GOTGVOL3- May 5, 2023

Ends in a Fantastic 4 tease. 

This fills in two of the films for the 4 2023 dates they had

Feb. 17, 2023 (Quantumania)

May 5, 2023  (GOTG vol3)

So I’d guess the other two are

July 28, 2023 - Fantastic 4

Nov. 3, 2023 - Blade

Curious if we get to see Blade in anything prior, like DSMoM or a show.

Sony will likely have at least one Spidey spinoff that year too. Probably wouldn’t be a new main one with Holland, even though they have been every other year, since he said he was taking a break for a little bit. Suppose they could intro Miles that year since that’s coming eventually.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

The Shazam kids? You thinking this is a marketing ploy? 

Not a marketing ploy, it just reminds me more of the Shazam characters since they were actually called the “Marvel Family” in the comics. 

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Not a marketing ploy, it just reminds me more of the Shazam characters since they were actually called the “Marvel Family” in the comics. 

been awhile since they were allowed to be called that. I think this is going to be the MCU version of the UItimates 

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

been awhile since they were allowed to be called that. I think this is going to be the MCU version of the UItimates 

Yeah, not a big deal at all. Most people don’t even know Shazam was Captain Marvel.

The ultimates? As in the ultimate universe version of the Avengers?

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast