The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

33 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Where exactly is the 30% offer from Disney confirmed?  The only link I saw it wasn't clear that was the Disney offer.

I get they get to keep merchandising and park profits..but in context, 30 percent doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

Neither is confirmed, first report was 50/50...the one of the updates said it was actually 30%

The other thing is it was reported that Disney would also put in a matching percentage of the cost. So it really isn’t taking as much money .

Like if it costs $250 mil, Disney would put in $75 mil and if it makes a billion they would make $300 million. Tripling their money. Which if they are doing all the creative on it makes sense to pay more than just 5% of first run sales.

They’ll figure it out

12 hours ago, theJ said:

There are so many popular book series out there that could be spun into movies.  If they advertise well, they could take off.  Not everything has to be a rehash of previous movies.

I'd still love to see a Red Rising movie series.

Jumanji also made them a lot of money. And another one is already coming out. Venom also did well for them, so they're probably feeling okay to work with Spider Man on their own. Sucks. 

Edited by PapaShogun

4 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Is Tom Holland contracted to Marvel or Sony?

Sony. They own the Spiderman film rights. I believe he was signed before the deal between Marvel and Sony was even struck as they planned to reboot the franchise with someone else after Garfield had a falling out with the studio. 

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Sony. They own the Spiderman film rights. I believe he was signed before the deal between Marvel and Sony was even struck as they planned to reboot the franchise with someone else after Garfield had a falling out with the studio. 

Yeah it’s Sony, but Marvel was key in casting him. RDJ was brought in to help screen test him I believe.

On 8/21/2019 at 2:06 PM, Outpost31 said:

They're about to introduce CARNAGE into a PG-13 movie

Because it worked so well for DareDevil and Ghost Rider, right Avi Arad (which BTW, you also had a hand in the former at Fox)? xD And the Total Recall and RoboCop remakes, also made by Sony (seriously, when has watering down R-rated properties EVER worked?).

But yeah, I'm laughing because it's better than crying at this point. Sony focks up everything under the sun, it's what they do better than anyone. The Emoji movie, MIB international, Ghostbusters 2016, the Paul Anderson Resident Evil films (first one was alright), Pixels, The 5th Wave, the Dark Tower, the RoboCop and Total Recall remakes, Sex Tape, Jack and Jill, Grown Ups 1 and 2, Ghost in the Shell, Spider-Man 3, (Un)Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 and both Ghost Rider movies. And Tom Rothman, who churned out the ishy Fantastic Four movies, X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: Origins Wolverine along with Avi Arad also now works at Sony, and it was his idea to sew Deadpool's mouth shut and turn Galactus into a space cloud.

Yup, they've got this. 9_9

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast