The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

16 hours ago, August4th said:

kinda surprise at how big of deal this is on the net. MCU really has a hold of the zeitgeist atm

If Sony does indeed take over, will people be up in arms down the road when they release a film though? Or will folks have essentially just gotten over it, and adjusted to the new normal? I'm guessing the latter, but obviously it still wouldn't help matters for Sony going forward with that public stink for a movie they haven't even made yet. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

If Sony does indeed take over, will people be up in arms down the road when they release a film though? Or will folks have essentially just gotten over it, and adjusted to the new normal? I'm guessing the latter, but obviously it still wouldn't help matters for Sony going forward with that public stink for a movie they haven't even made yet. 

I actually don't think it's so much going to be the up in arms piece, i think it's more going to be that since it's not tied into the MCU anymore, you're going to lose out on a good number of casual super hero fans because they are already going to be going to three MCU movies a year.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KManX89 said:

LOL, Sony's stocks took a nosedive after dropping out of the Marvel deal.

sony-stocks-fall-after-dc-marvel-split-1

You reap what you sow.

$0.34 is a dive?

They're down a little right now, but so is the whole S&P.  Hard to distinguish the general market trends from this specific news.

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I actually don't think it's so much going to be the up in arms piece, i think it's more going to be that since it's not tied into the MCU anymore, you're going to lose out on a good number of casual super hero fans because they are already going to be going to three MCU movies a year.

Yep.  If it's not connected, i can't be bothered to tune in.  Too much else going on.  If it gets crazy good reviews, i'd probably rent it later.

• Like 1