Acgott

The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Spider-Man DONE with MCU

16 hours ago, August4th said:

kinda surprise at how big of deal this is on the net. MCU really has a hold of the zeitgeist atm

If Sony does indeed take over, will people be up in arms down the road when they release a film though? Or will folks have essentially just gotten over it, and adjusted to the new normal? I'm guessing the latter, but obviously it still wouldn't help matters for Sony going forward with that public stink for a movie they haven't even made yet. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

If Sony does indeed take over, will people be up in arms down the road when they release a film though? Or will folks have essentially just gotten over it, and adjusted to the new normal? I'm guessing the latter, but obviously it still wouldn't help matters for Sony going forward with that public stink for a movie they haven't even made yet. 

I actually don't think it's so much going to be the up in arms piece, i think it's more going to be that since it's not tied into the MCU anymore, you're going to lose out on a good number of casual super hero fans because they are already going to be going to three MCU movies a year.

21 hours ago, KManX89 said:

LOL, Sony's stocks took a nosedive after dropping out of the Marvel deal.

sony-stocks-fall-after-dc-marvel-split-1

You reap what you sow.

$0.34 is a dive?

They're down a little right now, but so is the whole S&P.  Hard to distinguish the general market trends from this specific news.

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I actually don't think it's so much going to be the up in arms piece, i think it's more going to be that since it's not tied into the MCU anymore, you're going to lose out on a good number of casual super hero fans because they are already going to be going to three MCU movies a year.

Yep.  If it's not connected, i can't be bothered to tune in.  Too much else going on.  If it gets crazy good reviews, i'd probably rent it later.

19 minutes ago, theJ said:

Yep.  If it's not connected, i can't be bothered to tune in.  Too much else going on.  If it gets crazy good reviews, i'd probably rent it later.

I'm actually looking forward to them making a spiderman movie about spider man and not Tony Stark. 

1 minute ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'm actually looking forward to them making a spiderman movie about spider man and not Tony Stark. 

You know it's going to be about Uncle Ben, right?

37 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

You know it's going to be about Uncle Ben, right?

As much as we have seen plenty of that, at least it should not feel as forced as the Stark thing. But yeah,  careful what I wish for,  right?

Posted (edited)

I wonder if Spidey villains the MCU can use are also part of these negotiations

Edited by August4th

49 minutes ago, August4th said:

I wonder if Spidey villains the MCU can use are also part of these negotiations

Yes, under the same umbrella. Either the MCU can use Spider-Man characters or they can’t 

Watch Kit Harrington get announced as Wolverine and everybody lose their minds angry.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Watch Kit Harrington get announced as Wolverine and everybody lose their minds angry.

I could see him as Cyclops.  But I would be not excited if he was Wolverine.