The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol give me a friggin' break. 

Did you not see Endgame?  That’s literally what she is in the movie.  She shows up in the first act for a moment and then returns at the darkest moment to destroy Thanos’ ship and go toe to toe with him.  

I’m a huge Carol Danvers fan and have been ever since I was a kid and she was running with the X-Men.  I just think she deserved better esp in her solo film.  They butchered the Skrulls. I don’t know what to call the mess they did to Fury.  I know Brie Larson is an outstanding actress. I’ve seen Short Term 12.  But they didn’t give her anything to work with here.  It was like she was on cruise control the entire film. 

And they further screwed up the ending of Far From Home simply to put Fury in space for the sequel.  No way he’s abandoning Earth and putting a clueless Skrull in his place.  But I digress...

It’s a perfect chance for Sony to reboot and bring Miles Morales to the big screen. Bring back Phil Lord, Peter Ramsey and Rodney Rothman from Into The Spider-Verse to direct its live action sequel.  Bring back Ghost Spider too if you want to see Gwen again. Since Venom has nothing to do with Peter in the Sonyverse, have Miles fight him either here or the next one. 

Profit. Eventually maybe we’ll see Spidey circle back to the MCU a phase and an exec or 2 later.

Edited by thrILL!
grammar crackers

Here is the entire Phase 4 slated. Subject to change.

Black Widow film - May 1st, 2020

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Disney+ series - August 2020

Eternals film - November 6th, 2020

Loki Disney+ series (six episodes) -  early 2021

Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings film - February 12th, 2021

Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness film - May 7th, 2021

WandaVision Disney+ series - early 2021

What If...? Disney+ animated series - mid 2021

Hawkeye Disney+ series - Fall 2021

Thor Love and Thunder film - November 5th, 2021

She Hulk Disney+ series - Date TBA

Ms. Marvel Disney+ series - Date TBA

Moon Knight Disney+ series - Date TBA

Black Panther II film - May 6th, 2022

Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Blade, and Captain Marvel 2 should be on the horizon after this. Personally, I'm very excited. :)

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Why do I get this sad feeling the MCU is dying? :(

It peaked and peaked mightily. The recent Spiderman news wrecks any momentum they had for continuing the Avenger's storyline. Sure, they could say that Peter is in hiding or something. But it won't be the same with how they built him up to take over as the Tony Stark figure.

With what they've announced it appears as if everything/one is going solo again, then maybe evaluating where to go and who to team up. I was a little hopeful that the Ten Rings would be a big multi-film threat but it doesn't appear so. I'm a bit afraid everything will become too convoluted with the Eternals, space threats, Earth stuff, Multiverse, etc.

A deal between Sony and Marvel Studios may still materialize. Also, even though the heavy hitters like Iron Man, and Captain America are gone there are still properties like the X-Men and Fantastic Four that are now available. There are a mountain trove of comic stories that have yet to be adapted to film. The Kree/Skrull War, Secret Invasion, Original Sin, New Avengers, whatever. Future is bright the way I see it. I'm glad a lot of lesser known characters are finally getting the chance for audiences to get to know them. Hopefully, some can make the leap like Thor or Iron Man did, who before in the public consciousnesses weren't that big. Same with Thanos as a villain. 

Also, not trippin over phase 4 not having a big tent pole film like Avengers. Even if the films are solo, they will still be connected. Gonna take a while for the next big mega threat to show itself. Phase 5 I'm thinking Doom, Galatcus, or something else. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Here is the entire Phase 4 slated. Subject to change.

Black Widow film - May 1st, 2020

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Disney+ series - August 2020

Eternals film - November 6th, 2020

Loki Disney+ series (six episodes) -  early 2021

Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings film - February 12th, 2021

Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness film - May 7th, 2021

WandaVision Disney+ series - early 2021

What If...? Disney+ animated series - mid 2021

Hawkeye Disney+ series - Fall 2021

Thor Love and Thunder film - November 5th, 2021

She Hulk Disney+ series - Date TBA

Ms. Marvel Disney+ series - Date TBA

Moon Knight Disney+ series - Date TBA

Black Panther II film - May 6th, 2022

Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Blade, and Captain Marvel 2 should be on the horizon after this. Personally, I'm very excited. :)

only one of these i am interested in is Dr. Strange

50 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

It peaked and peaked mightily. The recent Spiderman news wrecks any momentum they had for continuing the Avenger's storyline. Sure, they could say that Peter is in hiding or something. But it won't be the same with how they built him up to take over as the Tony Stark figure.

With what they've announced it appears as if everything/one is going solo again, then maybe evaluating where to go and who to team up. I was a little hopeful that the Ten Rings would be a big multi-film threat but it doesn't appear so. I'm a bit afraid everything will become too convoluted with the Eternals, space threats, Earth stuff, Multiverse, etc.

I think their only real hope of Earth's greatest defender is to put it on Benedict Cumberbatch who seems the most stable. 

Well, it looks like I got a false sense of hope because both Kevin Feige and Tom Holland confirmed Spidey is done in the MCU. :( 

Oh and you know that 50/50 split Disney reportedly offered Sony? Other sites are reporting it was actually 25%, which is fairly reasonable. If so, then it looks like Sony were, in fact being d!cks/stupid and not simply refusing to bend over for Disney's greed. I totally understand them not taking a 50/50 split cut, nobody in their right mind would accept that offer, but turning down a 25% cut for Disney makes them look like the bad guys here. Either Disney is greedy AF or Sony is dumber than we thought depending on who you believe. Either way, it's a no-win situation for everyone, I still don't trust Sony not to eff up a live-action Spider-Man.

It doesn't necessarily rule out a deal being worked out at a later time (look at what happened with James Gunn), but I don't think they would issue these statements if they were still talking. If a new deal does eventually come, then probably not for a while. This doesn't bode well for Spidey being in MvC4, just like the X-Men were left out of MvCI over a cinematic rights dispute (that thankfully got settled).

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast