The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Everything about Marry Jane and Harry Osborne was just unwatchable to that movie for me.

Maybe I just hate angsty heroes who complain about being heroes. 

I agree about Mary Jane.   I never liked how she was written or portrayed by Kirsten Dunst in those movies.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

More of an observation, but what's with some the MCU actors constantly tweeting about Endgame everyday?
Is it like in their contract or something? I'm not complaining I just think its odd considering the movie has been out of theaters for a while. 

Trying to get Oscar nominations.

Far From Home was a good action movie, but again, it just didnt feel very Spiderman-y to me.    They talk about his Spidey sense in the movie, but more often than not, he relies on technology over that.

I guess it fits within the context of the MCU, but overall, I just dont feel Spiderman has really had a TRUE solo movie.  Both feel mainly like extensions of the Avengers movies.  

I just hope the next solo movie primarily focuses on him and his villain, with no connection to Tony Stark or Avengers at all...or at least very limited.

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Far From Home was a good action movie, but again, it just didnt feel very Spiderman-y to me.    They talk about his Spidey sense in the movie, but more often than not, he relies on technology over that.

I guess it fits within the context of the MCU, but overall, I just dont feel Spiderman has really had a TRUE solo movie.  Both feel mainly like extensions of the Avengers movies.  

I just hope the next solo movie primarily focuses on him and his villain, with no connection to Tony Stark or Avengers at all...or at least very limited.

I'm not sure I would want this. Tony made a small appearance on homecoming but more often then not that's how it works in the comics with cameo appearences. There's so many superheroes it would be kinda dumb for only one of them to handle a major disaster prevention in each movie. Given the way the MCU works now we should be seeing more going forward even if they are not apart of the showdown. 

14 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the next Spiderman movie wrapping up his involvement in the MCU. It just couldn't end with FFH and that ending.

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the next Spiderman movie wrapping up his involvement in the MCU. It just couldn't end with FFH and that ending.

I seriously doubt that.   Holland is still young and is a key part of the MCU.  Thats why Disney was so desperate to get him back in the MCU.    He could honestly remain part of the MCU for another 15 years.   He was clearly groomed to become Tony Stark's replacement and every movie has pushed that.    

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:
15 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I seriously doubt that.   Holland is still young and is a key part of the MCU.  Thats why Disney was so desperate to get him back in the MCU.    He could honestly remain part of the MCU for another 15 years.   He was clearly groomed to become Tony Stark's replacement and every movie has pushed that. 

I think you're both right. They will probably end Spidey's last outing (which probably ISNT his final solo flick) with the MCU in a way where it would make sense if we didnt see him again. At the same time, they will also want an easy way to bring him back, because they WILL want to keep him in there as long as possible. 

If it was me, I would play to the Spiderverse. Have him thrown into intradimensional travel with other spider people that way Sony can easily slide them into Venom and whatever else they are doing but MCU can bring him back into their reality as well without any hiccups. 

By all accounts Tom Holland loves playing Spider-Man, so it's highly unlikely his time in the MCU ends soon. 

The MCU will end before Spider-Man does (because realistically, the MCU has 20 more years). 

If I had to guess what happens next with Spider-Man, I'd say he gets a third film to close out his high school/youth phase before becoming a centerpiece to the Avengers. 

Then he'll be quiet in the MCU for a while.  Disney will let him have his fun in the Sony Universe until the Sony movies start losing money while maintaining a loose connectivity that could easily be ignored/described as another reality from Endgame. 

Then, after X-Men have been introduced, there will be a final big arc/phase leading up to the epic conclusion of the MCU.

I just hope I live long enough to see the second MCU.  The one that starts with Disney owning all of the characters and all of the rights from the beginning. 

No hiccups this time.  No Norton/Ruffalo, no Howard/Cheadle.  A set plan from the very beginning.  Redo Ultron as a Thanos-level threat, START the MCU with X-Men involved (Wolverine with Captain America during WW2). 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

By all accounts Tom Holland loves playing Spider-Man, so it's highly unlikely his time in the MCU ends soon. 

The MCU will end before Spider-Man does (because realistically, the MCU has 20 more years). 

If I had to guess what happens next with Spider-Man, I'd say he gets a third film to close out his high school/youth phase before becoming a centerpiece to the Avengers. 

Then he'll be quiet in the MCU for a while.  Disney will let him have his fun in the Sony Universe until the Sony movies start losing money while maintaining a loose connectivity that could easily be ignored/described as another reality from Endgame. 

Then, after X-Men have been introduced, there will be a final big arc/phase leading up to the epic conclusion of the MCU.

I just hope I live long enough to see the second MCU.  The one that starts with Disney owning all of the characters and all of the rights from the beginning. 

No hiccups this time.  No Norton/Ruffalo, no Howard/Cheadle.  A set plan from the very beginning.  Redo Ultron as a Thanos-level threat, START the MCU with X-Men involved (Wolverine with Captain America during WW2). 

Bringing back Ultron as a true threat to face off the Avengers including the FF4, Spider-Man, and the X-Men would just be....exciting. 

16 minutes ago, D82 said:

Bringing back Ultron as a true threat to face off the Avengers including the FF4, Spider-Man, and the X-Men would just be....exciting. 

Ehhh, without Iron Man I’m not sure how that would feel.  Although I understand it wasn’t typically Tony in the comics who created him originally.  Is that correct?

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast