The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Will have to buy it

It’s def worth it esp a hardcover of that size at that price (or you can’t go wrong digitally either for those that prefer it).

btw I hadn’t read X-Men in several years so any fans with a rudimentary knowledge of the comic should feel comfortable jumping in. It is a complex story but it unfolds as you go.  

13 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Deadpool writer confirms Marvel has just started work on Deadpool 3, it WILL stay R-rated and MAY feature the MCU.

MCU or no, I think fans the world over are breathing a huge sigh of relief at the latter bit of news and springing with joy at the former.

I personally dont like that he is going to be a part of the MCU.   It will cramp his style IMO.  He breaks the 4th wall regularly.  The styles dont mesh.

Not saying they cant incorporate him, and I get why they are doing it from a financial standpoint...but Id prefer Deadpool stay separate, and maybe just continue making references to it whilst breaking the 4th wall.

36 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I personally dont like that he is going to be a part of the MCU.   It will cramp his style IMO.  He breaks the 4th wall regularly.  The styles dont mesh.

Not saying they cant incorporate him, and I get why they are doing it from a financial standpoint...but Id prefer Deadpool stay separate, and maybe just continue making references to it whilst breaking the 4th wall.

I doubt his MCU inclusion would be anything more than a quick cameo like the X-men in Deadpool 2

30 minutes ago, jjab360 said:

I doubt his MCU inclusion would be anything more than a quick cameo like the X-men in Deadpool 2

So much this.  In fasct, they could use Deadpool to introduce the first mutant or two, the way they used other movies like Civil wear to bring in Black Panther.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I have something to admit.  I haven’t seen either Deadpool movie.  Breaking the fourth wall is my biggest pet peeve in movies.  I hate it.  

I don't think I've ever meant a post more than this. 

Go watch them both immediately. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I have something to admit.  I haven’t seen either Deadpool movie.  Breaking the fourth wall is my biggest pet peeve in movies.  I hate it.  

Same. I saw the first Deadpool and did not get why people were messing themselves over it unless they were like 12. Didn't bother with the 2nd.

'Funny guy says curse words and kills people while making a Jim Halpert face at the camera' is low on my list of favorite movie genres.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

First one is much better than the 2nd one fwiw but they’re both overrated imo.  Marvel’s incessant over saturation of his character in the comics definitely gave his character fatigue for me.

I agree about breaking the 4th wall.  It’s really difficult to pull off.  Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is still the best example of how it can be done successfully.  But if it doesn’t work, it’s awful.

I’m not a fan of narration for no reason either. The opening lines of the first Spider-Man movie via narration were soooo terrible (“Somebody lied.”).  I only like narration when it comes from an actual exchange whether a conversation or the character is writing, etc.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

First one is much better than the 2nd one fwiw but they’re both overrated imo.  

The exception is in DP2, where the jumping out of the helicopter scene was the best and  funniest scene in both movies.

but yeah, we dont need to hear tired Rosie Odonnel jokes.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast