The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

• 2 weeks later...

Well, looks like the next phase of the MCU is about to get even more crowded. Disney now gonna control the rights to the X-Men universe(including Deadpool obviously) and Fantastic 4

Gotta say, while this is obviously great news for the MCU, I'm not really liking this as movie fan. We don't need LESS major movie studios

Edited by deltarich87
  • Like 1

Marvel needs to reboot everything X-Men related going right now except for Deadpool.  If they are going to integrate the X-Men into the MCU, then they need to cut off all the timeline baggage Fox created.

A bold move would be to have the Phoenix destroy the universe when Dark Phoenix comes out.  It is too far along to scrap all together now, it'd be a big shock to the audience, and it'd put a nice cap on the Fox control of the X-Men rights.

Edited by THE DUKE

27 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Gotta say, while this is obviously great news for the MCU, I'm not really liking this as movie fan. We don't need LESS major movie studios

21st Century has been treading water for a while now anyways. They have been throwing out sequels to milk franchises like Ice Age, Planet of the Apes, and Taken, rebooting franchises like Independence Day and Bladerunner to not a lot of return, bungling their Marvel properties outside of Logan and Deadpool, and a bunch of duds inbetween. Their last successful original movie was Kingsman in 2015 and even that is based on a comic book. 

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The X-Men are about to become irrelevant unless Marvel plans to produce 5 movies a year.

They have the bank to do it.  Fiege doesn't micromanage the movies like WB has been, he hires talent and gives them a rough framework then lets them do what they do.  Remember, the Avengers individual franchises (Iron-Man, Thor, Cap) are wrapping up.  Spots will be open.

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The X-Men are about to become irrelevant unless Marvel plans to produce 5 movies a year.

Well, they are their own movie studio, not sure why they couldnt?

I just hope, for alittle while atleast, they keep these universes separate. They have a great thing going with the current MCU, finish it out through Avengers 4, and contnue with these new/different planned out 20 films for the next iteration. Then take on the Deadpool-verse as its own seprate thing. Drop the young/jumbled xmen, and reboot everything out of the current day Deadpool timeline.

Then, after you have re-established the X-men, have them ultimate crossover movie of Avengers vs X-men.

If you want to wrap the Fantastic Four, and more likely Silver Surfer and Galactus, into the existing MCU, then that would be fine

Edited by StLunatic88

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Remember, the Avengers individual franchises (Iron-Man, Thor, Cap) are wrapping up.  Spots will be open.

Those individual Franchises have mostly been over. The last Iron Man movie was back in 2013. The last true Cap movie was 2014 (Civil War was labeled Avengers 2.5 by fans for a reason) and with the revival in the interest in Thor, I could see his story continue with more stand alone if he survives the Infinity combo movies. (or atleast the title of Thor). Plus if Steve Rodgers dies, we could get another set of Captain America movies.

Thats not to mention we have at least one more Guardians movie (I would bet on more). Cant imagine Doctor Strange and Black Panther will be one and done. Were getting an Ant-Man sequel and probably a 3rd. Plus we are about to intro Captain Marvel...

Thats why I hope keeping them separate, and reestablishing the xmen would be their plan. Essentially having Feige oversee everything, let someone run the X-men half, and just run their process though him.

45 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Then, after you have re-established the X-men, have them ultimate crossover movie of Avengers vs X-men.

This is what I want. I want Avengers vs Xmen to be the next bracket? tier? whats bigger than phase? lol Anyways, the next Thanos level conclusion I would love to be AVX. Keep them relatively separate, do more Avengers flicks and then do Xmen team ups. So instead of one tying together move have two sets with minor crossover. Have standalone Xmen movies and then Xmen team ups much like Avengers.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is what I want. I want Avengers vs Xmen to be the next bracket? tier? whats bigger than phase? lol Anyways, the next Thanos level conclusion I would love to be AVX. Keep them relatively separate, do more Avengers flicks and then do Xmen team ups. So instead of one tying together move have two sets with minor crossover. Have standalone Xmen movies and then Xmen team ups much like Avengers.  

Haha, I had the same type of thought process.

And yes, keeping them tangential is exactly how it needs to happen. If we start actually mixing story lines it would get so convoluted. Deadpool is the only thing that Fox has, that NEEDS to be kept in tact.

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Would Disney keep Deadpool movies R-rated going forward?

Absolutely. Disney will continue to make R rated movies under different studio names as they have been doing for years. Through its many studios over the years, Disney has distributed film such as Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, The Crow, Armageddon. 

Fox won't be disappearing. R rated movies from Fox won't be disappearing. Disney isn't an  idiot. They see how much money these movies can make and they want it all.