The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

Weren't there rumors of Boseman not returning earlier and everyone thought it was some contract dispute?  Because I distinctly remember thinking Boseman was going to pull a Norton/Howard and get himself recast before, obviously, it turned out the cancer was the likely reason for the rumors in the first place. 

The Boseman thing is tricky because

1. People aren't going to want to see him recast
  2. BP2 likely has some tie-ins planned for other movies
  3. It would be odd, in universe, for BP to just disappear

Re: #3, people would understand.  It would just be weird.  They're going to have to be very creative about whatever solution they choose.

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Thing is, Disney has known about this for 4 years.  I'm sure they've been mulling their options with contingency plans for a while now. 

Is there an indication that they did know? I mean, we can assume they did as we mustve skipped out for therapies and **** but maybe he was vague about the appointments? Im seriously asking if there is confirmation that they did. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Is there an indication that they did know? I mean, we can assume they did as we mustve skipped out for therapies and **** but maybe he was vague about the appointments? Im seriously asking if there is confirmation that they did. 

It's Disney.  They're basically a world power.  They knew. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:
12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

It's Disney.  They're basically a world power.  They knew. 

Yeah maybe.  Does seem like he kept it very private though.  If Disney knew, i would have expected it to leak at some point previous to now.

They can’t recast!! Chadwick was amazing in that role. Got to have Wakanda and Black Panther continue to be in the MCU. They will figure out a way to do it.

damn this celebrity death hurt me more than any other. Just brutal how a good person with his heart in the right place dies young yet so many terrible people die old

31 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Either make SURI BP or bring back KillMonger

I think that these are the two most likely options. I would lean towards Shuri being the most obvious choice and since she's a bit younger, you could also have her be part of a Young Avengers movie if they end up going that route.

46 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Either make SURI BP or bring back KillMonger

People keep saying bring back Killmonger.  Soap opera cringe-worthy if you ask me.

He died, we saw it, he can't come back.  There has to be a better option.

7 hours ago, 43M said:

Perhaps they could start Black Panther 2 mourning the death of T'Challa, and a new king has to be appointed, perhaps creating a new character to replace Boseman long term.

I think we'd have to see him die somehow, in the suit so you don't see his face, using voice overs from his previous appearances.  Then the new BP gets revenge.  Whoever that is.

Either you continue with Shuri or you recast. You cant have someone play Panther that is not T’Challa nor Shuri.

I prefer a recast. T’Challa was one of my favorite characters before the movies. He’s too amazing to let go of.

Going with Shuri is the cleanest choice. It would be a major black female superhero movie. A huge win.

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

Either you continue with Shuri or you recast. You cant have someone play Panther that is not T’Challa nor Shuri.

I prefer a recast. T’Challa was one of my favorite characters before the movies. He’s too amazing to let go of.

Going with Shuri is the cleanest choice. It would be a major black female superhero movie. A huge win.

Shuri is gonna need to get in the gym and train if she’s gonna survive the challenge of combat at the waterfalls.  T’Challa didn’t even do well during both of his fights.  It would be cool to see her in the role tho. 

Edited by thrILL!

9 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Shuri is gonna need to get in the gym and train if she’s gonna survive the challenge of combat at the waterfalls.  T’Challa didn’t even do well during both of his fights.  It would be cool to see her in the role tho. 

They also haven’t showed her in any hand to hand combat, just shoots from her blasters 

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast