The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

56 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Please explain how M’Baku makes more sense. He has no heart shaped herb. He did not ever defeat a depowered T’Challa like N’Jadaka had done, quite easily. While important in the narrative of the movie, he also didn’t have nearly as much a following as Killmonger. There’s a reason why T’Challa was compared to MLK and Killmonger to Malcolm X. If there can be no T’Challa than redeeming Killmonger makes more sense than either M’Baku or Shuri. Again, it’s far easier to fix his “death” problem than to fix the no heart shaped herb problem.

We also have had many rumors about Killmonger returning for BP2 since early 2019. We’ve also have seen Loki, a villain who wasn’t shown to die on screen return in many movies after the fact until. So it’s not as if him still being alive is out of left field for the MCU and some laughable notion. 

M’Baku fought a power panther, just not in a suit. He’s not in jail or dead, and has become an ally of T’Challa. Just because  Killmonger is a better fighter and blood does not mean he should be King over Shuri. As I said before, I do not support M’Baku either.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol yeah you’d cancel Marvel right up until you saw the first trailer.  I’m not going to get into it, but you’re cringey.

Cool story. You’re incredibly disrespectful. Making assumptions about what I would and wouldn’t do. You’re also absolutely wrong and people have already mentioned on social media how they would cancel the movie if Marvel doesn’t handle it correctly.

Marvel simply recasting Boseman would be akin to recasting Will Smith in Independence Day or Bad Boys. Boseman was behind only Denzel Washington, Samuel L Jackson, and Will Smith in terms of recognition and T’Challa was one of the most iconic roles of all times... especially within the black community. Acting as if people, who many in said community were introduced to Marvel by way of BP in the first place, would so easily forgive mistreatment of this situation by Disney is nonsensical.

Maybe for those outside the community it would be far easier to simply “move on” but this movie meant a lot more for a specific community.

34 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I got you. My thing is Namor made complete sense for BP2, with T’Challa. They were rivals throughout the comics.

But now we’re in unprecedented territory. There is no precedent for an actor dying while in his prime and that impacting the entire MCU framework. Easter eggs can come into play for later foreshadowing.

I just think there needs to be some greater narrative impact for T’Challa dying then just writing him off and doing an American Idol type Wakanda search to find the next guy. And there are few villains that would have any business going at Wakanda in the first place... at least ones that haven’t been converted to heroes already (M’Baku was never an anti-hero in the comics) or “died” (Killmonger and Klaw). Of the two the only one not definitively dead is Killmonger. He’s also the only other person who has the heart shaped herb powers flowing through him not naked T’Challa. I’d rather he stay dead as well because that ending was so powerful... but he’s one of the most sensical options that doesn’t completely disrespect T’Challa’s legacy. The other is Shuri... but i have issues with that for other reasons.

In terms of Ororo being introduced in BP2 there was already speculation of Storm being introduced into the MCU by way of BP. It also happens that the villain that controls her for part of her comic origin is someone with a power that can make sense in infiltrating Wakanda, someone that doesn’t rely on brute force, but rather cunning, manipulation, and mutant abilities. Someone already on the African continent that has been around since time immemorial. Someone that could make sense in taking down someone as powerful as T’Challa. I don’t pretend to be a screenwriter so I’m sure someone could take my idea and present a better result, but still I don’t find it laughable. It’s an idea as any other, with flaws, sure. But offers some narrative solutions.

I’m not arguing killmonger again so I won’t breach on that.

Tchalla and and Namor wouldn’t be rivals in the MCU especially not in the beginning. Namor is looking to be the biggest king, and he needs another kingdom to attack. Tchalla or Shuri, the storyline could work 

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

M’Baku fought a power panther, just not in a suit. He’s not in jail or dead, and has become an ally of T’Challa. Just because  Killmonger is a better fighter and blood does not mean he should be King over Shuri. As I said before, I do not support M’Baku either.

What do you mean? The scene vs T’Challa and him? That fight it was explained that T’Challa took a drug of some sort to mask/cleanse the effects of the heart shaped herb within him for a short period of time. He then has to re-up on it.

Though perhaps I’m confusing your meaning there and you’re referring to something else? If you are I apologize for not understanding, I’ll need further clarification. 

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Richard Harris died after two Harry Potter movies and Harry Potter went on for 6 more movies and about a billion dollars.

He was hidden behind a wig, big beard, large clothes, and wasn't the main character. It's different but I get what you're saying. It'd be like replacing Daniel Radcliff, not Richard Harris.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

He was hidden behind a wig, big beard, large clothes, and wasn't the main character. It's different but I get what you're saying. It'd be like replacing Daniel Radcliff, not Richard Harris.

And you think they would not have recast Harry Potter?

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I’m not arguing killmonger again so I won’t breach on that.

Tchalla and and Namor wouldn’t be rivals in the MCU especially not in the beginning. Namor is looking to be the biggest king, and he needs another kingdom to attack. Tchalla or Shuri, the storyline could work 

It could. That’s why I was saying they could use Easter eggs for the future. I just think you can’t use Namor to kill off T’Challa as it would instantly make him a true villain. With how important he is/was, whoever kills T’Challa in universe world would lose all respect IMO.

So if we can’t make it Namor, then who would be the villain to do it? And if someone is powerful enough to take out BP this can’t be just be a secondary villain to the plot... if that makes sense. And their needs to be justice done to this villain.

Namor can’t be that guy. Unless he works with Wakanda to assist them, but then that would introduce other holes IMO.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

And you think they would not have recast Harry Potter?

Oh absolutely. But following the storyline of books versus comics is way different. The MCU is fairly open in which direction they go. T'Challa could be killed off, decided to retire after Endgame, or a number of things. I think Kilmonger makes sense but I wouldn't hate re-casting either. I have faith that they'd choose a good actor. I'm against Shuri taking the throne. As others mentioned, the flowers are all gone and her extent of fighting has been with technology only. No way she'd really beat a trained warrior at the waterfall.

Sorry to those who think it’s a breach of sanctity, but he’s gonna get recast.  If you’d take your immediate feelings out of it and look at it realistically, they’re not going to change the titular character of a billion dollar franchise.  

Let’s also not act like Boseman was Will Smith.  Loved the guy, but he was NOT a household name before he was in the MCU.  Obviously extremely talented, but he wasn’t a household name.  Black Panther made him a household name and propelled him into stardom.

So to say it’s ignorant to suggest Disney is going to help propel the career of another black actor with one of the best black roles imaginable is just not looking at it realistically.

You’re essentially preventing an underrated young actor from launching into stardom because you’re selfish and don’t want anyone else to take the role.  

That’s cringey to me.  

We’ve had a zillion ppl play Batman. We’ve had multiple Spider-Mans. We’ve had 2 Rhodeys. The tapestry of the MCU makes this a little uncharted territory but casting a new T’Challa is not going to be as controversial as ppl think.  It’s important to see Black Panther continue on the big screen and there will be multiple actors who will want to rise to that occasion and continue what Boseman started.  

11 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

We’ve had a zillion ppl play Batman. We’ve had multiple Spider-Mans. We’ve had 2 Rhodeys. The tapestry of the MCU makes this a little uncharted territory but casting a new T’Challa is not going to be as controversial as ppl think.  It’s important to see Black Panther continue on the big screen and there will be multiple actors who will want to rise to that occasion and continue what Boseman started.  

Yup.

And using cultural significance is a bad excuse.  Movie’s culturally significant?  Character is culturally significant?  Great.  Keep it going.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yup.

And using cultural significance is a bad excuse.  Movie’s culturally significant?  Character is culturally significant?  Great.  Keep it going.

Cultural significance isn’t an excuse.  It’s a very important and an undeniable component to Black Panther’s impact and success. Of course the product has to be good but that’s another component.  This franchise represents so much more than how it affects Disney’s shareholders’ pockets.