Acgott

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

BLACK WIDOW - July 9, 2021

Shang-Chi - September 3, 2021

Eternals - November 5, 2021

Spider-Man No Way Home - December 17, 2021

Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness - March 25, 2022

Thor LOVE & THUNDER - May 6, 2022

6 movies in the next 368 days!  My kids are going to be pumped.

Imma be honest. Seeing T’Challa/Chadwick Boseman say the “Wakanda Forever” line from Infinity War in that clip, followed by the official title of Black Panther 2 being Wakanda Forever, was unexpectedly emotional for me. Gave me all the feels.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

6 movies in the next 368 days!  My kids are going to be pumped.

I'm so ready! Can't wait to get back to the movies.

I didn't even think that those are all basically within a year out.
Toss in all the shows and it's an insane amount of MCU content.

45 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I'm so ready! Can't wait to get back to the movies.

I didn't even think that those are all basically within a year out.
Toss in all the shows and it's an insane amount of MCU content.

With the shows we're going to get deep dives on characters they'd never be able to all fit in the movies.  It's going to bring in so much more depth to the story. If White Vision just showed up in a movie, it'd be a surprise, but it wouldn't have anything like the connection that moment will have now that the character has been set up.  Wanda won't just show up and say "I've been studying" and all of a sudden know how to do everything, we have seen that progression.  Sam doesn't just show up and say "I'm Cap now", we got to see that journey and really get it fleshed out what it means to him.  Same thing with Bucky moving on from being the Winter Soldier, we got to see that struggle.  I love it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

With the shows we're going to get deep dives on characters they'd never be able to all fit in the movies.  It's going to bring in so much more depth to the story. If White Vision just showed up in a movie, it'd be a surprise, but it wouldn't have anything like the connection that moment will have now that the character has been set up.  Wanda won't just show up and say "I've been studying" and all of a sudden know how to do everything, we have seen that progression.  Sam doesn't just show up and say "I'm Cap now", we got to see that journey and really get it fleshed out what it means to him.  Same thing with Bucky moving on from being the Winter Soldier, we got to see that struggle.  I love it.

It's awesome.
I was worried they were going to continue to go down the path of more and more teamups and not as much solo/substance stuff. D+ stuff lets them do both and then let them do stuff like The Marvels. After seeing her in Wandavision I'm excited to see that because of Monica and hope she gets to do more. Makes everything feel earned and even more connected.

They are getting some great talent on these shows, so sky is the limit on just what they can do.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Oscar Isaac is going to kill it as Moon Knight. Phenomenal casting there.

Yeah he's the big one, along with Ethan Hawke for that MK..
Like if they can come up with something interesting enough the talent will come.
How much buzz and part of the culture the first two shows were I think it boosts things even more.
Getting a bunch of actors from the award circuit for Secret Invasion also comes to mind.

BLACK WIDOW - July 9, 2021

Shang-Chi - September 3, 2021

Eternals - November 5, 2021

Spider-Man No Way Home - December 17, 2021

Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness - March 25, 2022

Thor LOVE & THUNDER - May 6, 2022

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - July 8, 2022

The Marvels - November 11, 2022

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 
February 17, 2023

GOTGVOL3- May 5, 2023

Black Widow shouldve came out years ago.    Dont care now.

Shang Chi I dont know much about.   Might be okay, but not a must see for me.

Eternals...yawn.

Spider Man and Dr Strange are really the only two Id put any effort in to see.    Only two Im excited about.

Thor Love and Thunder.....Ill wait til we get more info on it, but I have a good idea of what to expect, and it wont end well.

My interest for Black Panther disappeared after Chadwick Boseman passed.  

Marvels....no idea what that is.

Antman and Guardians might be okay.  Both of their previous sequels were boring. 

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Black Widow shouldve came out years ago.    Dont care now.

Shang Chi I dont know much about.   Might be okay, but not a must see for me.

Eternals...yawn.

Spider Man and Dr Strange are really the only two Id put any effort in to see.    Only two Im excited about.

Thor Love and Thunder.....Ill wait til we get more info on it, but I have a good idea of what to expect, and it wont end well.

My interest for Black Panther disappeared after Chadwick Boseman passed.  

Marvels....no idea what that is.

Antman and Guardians might be okay.  Both of their previous sequels were boring. 

Do you know about the villain (Christian Bale) and some of the potential stuff with Thor?

Spoiler

Like all this potential stuff with the Olympians, and the God Butcher storylines.
Sounds very big to me.

It sounds pretty interesting.

Marvels is the rename of Captain Marvel 2. Seemingly because Monica Rambeau and Kamala Khan are getting equal billing to Carol.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

I have never not LOVED Taiki Watiti. I also really enjoyed the Lady Thor arc in the comics. Unworthy Thor is my bae Thor. 

we're about to get 86 bears blitzed of MCU content in the next 7 months. The superhero fatigue probably won't hit, because I think the public will be HUNGRY to get back to the theaters or see blockbusters in their home . MCU looks unstoppable right now and they still have well known properties in Blade, X-men, Deadpool and F4 to fuel the flame in 2-3 yrs lol

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast