The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

27 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

That's arguably the worst sin a movie can have though.

Well that's true, haha.

I looked up the IMDB ratings, just out of curiosity.

DW: 6.9

Wonder Woman: 7.4

Man of Steel 7.0

Shazam: 7.0

So i guess most of the world feels as you guys do, though those are all pretty close ratings (save for Wonder Woman).

• Like 1

Just now, theJ said:

Well that's true, haha.

I looked up the IMDB ratings, just out of curiosity.

DW: 6.9

Wonder Woman: 7.4

Man of Steel 7.0

Shazam: 7.0

So i guess most of the world feels as you guys do, though those are all pretty close ratings (save for Wonder Woman).

I'm particularly low on Dark World because to me it's so dull it's forgettable. Like I literally can't tell you anything about it now and I've seen it twice. I'd rather have a movie be stupid but fun than a total drag or completely forgettable. Though IMDB might side with me on that there, it also definitely sides against me with Ultron and Ragnarok in my bottom 4 MCU movies.

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm particularly low on Dark World because to me it's so dull it's forgettable. Like I literally can't tell you anything about it now and I've seen it twice. I'd rather have a movie be stupid but fun than a total drag or completely forgettable. Though IMDB might side with me on that there, it also definitely sides against me with Ultron and Ragnarok in my bottom 4 MCU movies.

Those are kind of polarizing.  Some people don't like what they did with Ultron and Thor in those movies (too many one liners).

My dad calls Ragnarok "Silly Thor".

1 minute ago, theJ said:

Those are kind of polarizing.  Some people don't like what they did with Ultron and Thor in those movies (too many one liners).

My dad calls Ragnarok "Silly Thor".

That's where I'm at. Ultron was a whiny child who wasn't even a physical threat, and Ragnarok did everything it could to remove any tension at all times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

That's where I'm at. Ultron was a whiny child who wasn't even a physical threat, and Ragnarok did everything it could to remove any tension at all times.

See...AoU was always one of my least favorite as well (Quicksilver's whole death scene was BS and I didn't even really like his character) but someone on YouTube had a video and they had a couple valid points on how as part of the MCU it was really a key film. Kinda changed my views a little bit on it...wish I could find it again. 

Yeah I didn't really care for many of the movies. A lot of decent but almost entirely forgettable movies is how I see them. Thor movies and Guardians movies in particular stand out to me as bleh that seem critically acclaimed as far as Marvel goes.

My favorites:

Dr. Strange

Infinity War

Endgame

Iron Man 1

Black Panther

HM: Captain America, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Avengers, Age of Ultron, Far From Home, Captain Marvel

2 hours ago, D82 said:

See...AoU was always one of my least favorite as well (Quicksilver's whole death scene was BS and I didn't even really like his character) but someone on YouTube had a video and they had a couple valid points on how as part of the MCU it was really a key film. Kinda changed my views a little bit on it...wish I could find it again. 

It can be impactful but unenjoyable 😉

If the MCU doesn’t end all this multiple timeline/parallel universe stuff and also introduce mutants within the next 4 releases, we’re at the beginning of the end of it.

Dr. Strange has to put a definite, immediate and irrevocable end to it all.  The end to it all that should have come with Endgame.

And if Tom Holland’s Spider-Man goes to the Sonyverse, there’s nothing the MCU can do to save itself other than eliminate Spider-Man altogether.

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Dr. Strange has to put a definite, immediate and irrevocable end to it all.

It wont considering there are many many projects after it, including Antman and the Wasp Quantumania which Jonathan Majors was originally announced to play Kang in. Its the only project he was ever confirmed to be apart of before showing up in Loki. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

It wont considering there are many many projects after it, including Antman and the Wasp Quantumania which Jonathan Majors was originally announced to play Kang in. Its the only project he was ever confirmed to be apart of before showing up in Loki. 

Then the MCU is in the process of dying already.  

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Then the MCU is in the process of dying already.  

all of this is pretty much in stone so if you are right, it's gonna be at least 5 years

What If...? (Disney+, Summer 2021)

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Sept. 3, 2021)

Eternals (Nov. 5, 2021)

Spider-Man: No Way Home (Dec. 17, 2021)

Ms. Marvel (Disney+, Late 2021)

Hawkeye (Disney+, Late 2021)

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (March 25, 2022)

Thor: Love and Thunder (May 6, 2022)

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (July 8, 2022)

The Marvels (Nov. 11, 2022)

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (Disney+, 2022)

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17, 2023)

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5, 2023)

Moon Knight (Disney+, Date TBD)

She-Hulk (Disney+, Date TBD)

Secret Invasion/Nick Fury Series (Disney+, Date TBD)

Blade (Date TBD)

Deadpool 3 (Date TBD)

Fantastic Four (Date TBD)

I Am Groot (Disney+, Date TBD)

Armor Wars (Disney+, Date TBD)

Ironheart (Disney+, Date TBD)

Wakanda Series (Disney+, Date TBD)

Echo (Disney+, Date TBD)

Captain America 4 (Date TBD)

Loki Season 2 (Disney+, Date TBD)

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

The whole time travel/universe-jumping stuff will probably be used to explain away Deadpool showing up in the MCU from the FoX-Menverse in DP3 as well, and probably also Colossus, Vanessa and NSTW.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast