The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

35 minutes ago, 43M said:

Meh.

Looks decently entertaining, but Im struggling to find a reason to care.   Looks like a typical Marvel with boring characters.

Worth a look, I suppose.

Damn, I missed my opportunity to do an "InB4" you came and said that you aren't that interested and will probably wait for streaming.

Predictable. Nothing excites you and you find every reason to tell us almost every day.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Damn, I missed my opportunity to do an "InB4" you came and said that you aren't that interested and will probably wait for streaming.

Predictable. Nothing excites you and you find every reason to tell us almost every day.

Some folks just refuse to get out of their comfort zones. :)

Out of what? - Willow Medical Center

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Honestly I could see why some people would have an issue with that. Especially comic readers. The spirit of the character wouldn't allow any logical argument to get in this way of a goal like that. And it's hard to believe that others wouldn't have made a similar argument to Thanos before, if not a better one. It did come off as if T'Challa had a spell on him essentially. 

Thanos is one of the most alpha characters in the universe so if they wanted him to have bought into what T'Challa believed, then make Thanos go all in on it.  We saw his dedication to his genocidal plan in the movies so give us Thanos with total dedication to T'Challa's plan instead of having him say things on the sly at a bar about how he had planned to do these terrible things.  Maybe they just didn't want Thanos to overpower the episode which was already stuffed with too many characters and so they nerfed everything about him.

Just now, thrILL! said:

Thanos is one of the most alpha characters in the universe so if they wanted him to have bought into what T'Challa believed, then make Thanos go all in on it.  We saw his dedication to his genocidal plan in the movies so give us Thanos with total dedication to T'Challa's plan instead of having him say things on the sly at a bar about how he had planned to do these terrible things.  Maybe they just didn't want Thanos to overpower the episode which was already stuffed with too many characters and so they nerfed everything about him.

Or.. and stay with me... they went for lighthearted fun with an animated multiverse episode. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Im flattered you keep track of all of my opinions and deeply sorry that some random message board posters "negative" feelings about superhero movies has such a profound impact on you.   Maybe soaking in a bubble bath with some herbal tea will help you unwind from such a traumatizing experience.

Lets just ignore that I liked and even loved most Marvel movies up to and including Endgame.    I wish I could just blindly fawn over and praise everything Marvel (and DC) does, but alas, I cannot.

I never said it would be bad.   I just think it looks boring, and there are no characters that intrigue me.   

Deal with it.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:08 PM, Deadpulse said:

They definitely rely heavily on the idea that anyone watching this has already seen First Avenger. 

Overall liked it. I thought some of Peggy's dialogue was a bit hammy but I liked the new story beats. 

Anyone get an Iron Giant vibe from the first episode or is it just me?

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Im flattered you keep track of all of my opinions and deeply sorry that some random message board posters "negative" feelings about superhero movies has such a profound impact on you.   Maybe soaking in a bubble bath with some herbal tea will help you unwind from such a traumatizing experience.

Lets just ignore that I liked and even loved most Marvel movies up to and including Endgame.    I wish I could just blindly fawn over and praise everything Marvel (and DC) does, but alas, I cannot.

I never said it would be bad.   I just think it looks boring, and there are no characters that intrigue me.   

Deal with it.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

See you next time in the DC thread with your groundbreaking thoughts that they screwed everything up and are all morons...for the 79th time. 

I wonder if they’ll announce a Black Knight show on Disney+ this year. Could be a movie too. Think we talked about it before.

But Marvel is always wanting to do stuff they’ve never done before and there are a lot of boxes that can tick. Could center it around Dane, maybe twisting the story a bit so his Uncle is around and however they might tackle the whole ghost thing with the ancestor who was around with King Arthur and Merlin. But just all the Arthurian stuff would be new territory, as would any other period pre ww2. 

At the very least if they did a movie I’d just like to see a montage that’s just centered around the Ebony Blade through time. Like imagine a sequence like the beginning of lord of war (journey of a bullet) with the same vibe as that Nike commercial with Stephen Jackson & Shawn Merriman. Like going through all the battles through the centuries and the different Black Knights who have wielded the blade. Would be awesome.

If he doesn’t get the blade in eternals, which it seems like he maybe is just sort of a normal guy in this, maybe at least finds out who he is through Sersi since she’s a museum curator in the modern day. 

Actually a show/movie of him going in search of the blade, along with his Uncle also being on the hunt is your point of conflict. Like Dane knew of his Uncle’s obsession with the Black Knight lore, to the point where he had a few suits of armor from past Knights. — Which I think you could give the blade the power of forging armor around each Knight, would allow them to be visually different, armor to appear instantly and give it some otherworldliness — But back to it he didn’t know til now how real the legend was and that it was actually his family’s or something like that.

Would be a little National Treasure, meets Highlander mixed with Arthurian legend.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I wonder if they’ll announce a Black Knight show on Disney+ this year. Could be a movie too. Think we talked about it before.

But Marvel is always wanting to do stuff they’ve never done before and there are a lot of boxes that can tick. Could center it around Dane, maybe twisting the story a bit so his Uncle is around and however they might tackle the whole ghost thing with the ancestor who was around with King Arthur and Merlin. But just all the Arthurian stuff would be new territory, as would any other period pre ww2. 

At the very least if they did a movie I’d just like to see a montage that’s just centered around the Ebony Blade through time. Like imagine a sequence like the beginning of lord of war (journey of a bullet) with the same vibe as that Nike commercial with Stephen Jackson & Shawn Merriman. Like going through all the battles through the centuries and the different Black Knights who have wielded the blade. Would be awesome.

If he doesn’t get the blade in eternals, which it seems like he maybe is just sort of a normal guy in this, maybe at least finds out who he is through Sersi since she’s a museum curator in the modern day. 

Actually a show/movie of him going in search of the blade, along with his Uncle also being on the hunt is your point of conflict. Like Dane knew of his Uncle’s obsession with the Black Knight lore, to the point where he had a few suits of armor from past Knights. — Which I think you could give the blade the power of forging armor around each Knight, would allow them to be visually different, armor to appear instantly and give it some otherworldliness — But back to it he didn’t know til now how real the legend was and that it was actually his family’s or something like that.

Would be a little National Treasure, meets Highlander mixed with Arthurian legend.

Hopefully in the near future Black Knight becomes a reality. Either in films or a Disney+ show. But it doesn't seem like that will happen for some time. The next batch of Disney+ shows and films have already been announced over the course of the next few years. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Hopefully in the near future Black Knight becomes a reality. Either in films or a Disney+ show. But it doesn't seem like that will happen for some time. The next batch of Disney+ shows and films have already been announced over the course of the next few years. 

Wouldn’t be soon soon but could be at least announced and be out in the next 2.5-3 years. Could be early 2024, maybe tail end of 2023 for a show. We get Ms Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Secret Invasion and the GotG Holiday special next year.

Then the only confirmed shows for 2023 are Ironheart and Armor Wars. With the Wakanda show and rumored Echo show being possibilities. Also Loki s2, if they find their new director soon. If they announced it at this event in the fall they could start production in Spring/ summer 2023 seemingly. They already got the character cast in Kit Harington, which seems to be one of the bigger delays for these shows, they’ve cited exhaustive searches for characters like Ms. Marvel.

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:
9 hours ago, 43M said:

Deal with it.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

See you next time in the DC thread with your groundbreaking thoughts that they screwed everything up and are all morons...for the 79th time. 

We haven't crossed the line yet, but lets stop attacking other posters in this manner.

Thanks,

DP

Unpopular opinion - but I think "What if..." is the funnest MCU property of them all.

There are better properties in the MCU, more groundbreaking properties over the movies and shows, sure. But as far as exercises on how things can/will play out in these alternate realities? This is just a load of fun. I'm genuinely enjoying everything here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Unpopular opinion - but I think "What if..." is the funnest MCU property of them all.

There are better properties in the MCU, more groundbreaking properties over the movies and shows, sure. But as far as exercises on how things can/will play out in these alternate realities? This is just a load of fun. I'm genuinely enjoying everything here.

It's definitely been fun. And the fact that we already know there will be a Season 2 creates some interest as well. 

I just feel like there's been a lack of good new content since this pandemic started so maybe that's fueling some of the interest as well. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

To be fair, when it comes to DC, that take has been on-point with the notable exception of a few movies (WW, SS reboot, Joker - if you consider it integrated into the DCEU).     Especially given the comic source material and starting point, from a comic-base perspective, DC has a huge edge on Marvel, yet they've been dwarved by the MCU.

I'll give Feige & co. the benefit of the doubt, given what they've done with the comic material so far.    They've had more uneven material since Endgame, for sure.    I will say Shang Chi interests me more than Eternals, though. 

Edited by Broncofan