The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'll give Feige & co. the benefit of the doubt, given what they've done with the comic material so far.    They've had more uneven material since Endgame, for sure.    I will say Shang Chi interests me more than Eternals, though. 

yeah their amount of sheer misses is pretty small. Like the only ones that come to mind are usually when they are trying too hard to subvert something like the Mandarin twist or the Story structure of Captain Marvel. Or micro moments of just too on the nose jokes/moments that make you kinda rolll your eyes, which unfortunately has been very prevalent with how they go about the female heroes. The "I'm just a girl" CM fight being one of the more egregious.

Like even Thor The Dark World, which is probably the consensus worst one for people, has plenty of moments and has since has had itself justified by some of the better projects (Ragnorak, Endgame and Loki).

I think the only two films I walked out at the end with a bad feeling were Ironman 3 and Captain Marvel (which felt like those earlier movies).

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, when it comes to DC, that take has been on-point with the notable exception of a few movies (WW, SS reboot, Joker - if you consider it integrated into the DCEU).     Especially given the comic source material and starting point, from a comic-base perspective, DC has a huge edge on Marvel, yet they've been dwarved by the MCU.

The take is fine. The take over and over and over again, 70% of the time unprompted, is what's annoying.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

yeah their amount of sheer misses is pretty small. Like the only ones that come to mind are usually when they are trying too hard to subvert something like the Mandarin twist or the Story structure of Captain Marvel. Or micro moments of just too on the nose jokes/moments that make you kinda rolll your eyes, which unfortunately has been very prevalent with how they go about the female heroes. The "I'm just a girl" CM fight being one of the more egregious.

Like even Thor The Dark World, which is probably the consensus worst one for people, has plenty of moments and has since has had itself justified by some of the better projects (Ragnorak, Endgame and Loki).

I think the only two films I walked out at the end with a bad feeling were Ironman 3 and Captain Marvel (which felt like those earlier movies).

IM3 was definitely bad. I liked Captain Marvel, but it's definitely not one of their better projects. I feel they really could have given us a far better portrayal of Carol in a much more fun movie but she and the story overall just really come off as bland. I was hoping we'd see some growth in her character in Endgame and while there were some moments there wasn't enough redeeming qualities. Maybe they'll do better in CM2. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, D82 said:

IM3 was definitely bad. I liked Captain Marvel, but it's definitely not one of their better projects. I feel they really could have given us a far better portrayal of Carol in a much more fun movie but she and the story overall just really come off as bland. I was hoping we'd see some growth in her character in Endgame and while there were some moments there wasn't enough redeeming qualities. Maybe they'll do better in CM2. 

Yeah the jumbled nature of CM was a disservice to her character. They tried to flip their formula but it robbed Carol of a lot of character growth. I like the character in the comics and think Brie can do a great job with it...but man they haven't done her any favors thus far. I like the latter half more. Also I just remembered the whole Fury eye thing....

The IM3 twist and back 3rd just pissed me off when I saw it. Only MCU thing that elicited that kind of reaction for me.

• Like 3

Captain Marvel had essentially no character growth, she just forgot who she was. She didn't have any character growth in Endgame either.  They better have something going in her next project because you can only botch writing a character that is supposed to be one of your big ones so many times.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Captain Marvel had essentially no character growth, she just forgot who she was. She didn't have any character growth in Endgame either.  They better have something going in her next project because you can only botch writing a character that is supposed to be one of your big ones so many times.

She was fine in Endgame simply because there was minimal screen time for her. Which kind of works for an overpowering hero.

• Like 1

A Spider-man trailer leaked, nothing really new but confirms some things.
Biggest thing is just sort of the reason for why things are happening.

It had a ton of unfinished VFXs and was recorded off someone else's phone screen which itself was recording of a monitor, about as potato quality as it gets.

I'd say just wait for the real one

Spoiler

Peter asks Doctor Strange to cast a spell to make the world forget he's Spidey. Doesn't go as planned.
Molina appears as Doc Ock at the end "hello peter..."
Definitely a pumpkin bomb close up, some people said some of the VFXs shots point to electro and Sandman but I didn't see that really.
Strange talks about the Multiverse

44 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Haha, this and that last eternals trailer I randomly updated YouTube within 8 minutes of the upload.

Needed it’s own thread anyway 

Definitely does, did a bit of spring cleaning as to not split the discussion and....

Bangarang 

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast