The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

On 8/25/2021 at 2:53 PM, D82 said:

Yeah…you’re right. 

That’s why they showed him dramatically hovering his hand over mjolnir so long before getting shot. 

This was my fav ep so far. They’re all fun. The first two were just ok, this one was good. 

Spoiler

Wanda will be the villain of Doctor Strange 2

The Fox X-Men will be showing up in Doctor Strange 2, at least some of them. Actors reprising their roles, but don't know if they'll be around long term.

Two pieces of Doctor Strange 2 news from highly reliable scooper

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Gnat said:
  Hide contents

Wanda will be the villain of Doctor Strange 2

The Fox X-Men will be showing up in Doctor Strange 2, at least some of them. Actors reprising their roles, but don't know if they'll be around long term.

Two pieces of Doctor Strange 2 news from highly reliable scooper

That kinda makes me sad if true. 

Preview of Next What If is Doctor Strange centered.

Thoughts about how this ties into NWH...

Spoiler

Interesting that this one is premiering right after the Spider Man NWH trailer...with Doc acting a little weird. And in this trailer you notice the "evil" doppelganger has the Eye of Agamotto, but the "our" Doc doesn't since it was destroyed on Titan. But in the NWH trailer Doctor Strange again has the Eye of Agamotto around his neck. HMMMMMM....

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Got my family's pre-order tickets for Shang-Chi for next Sunday at noon.  Nearly all of the seats were still available.  This might not get the open Stateside that Marvel is hoping for.

Think my plan is to see it on Friday. I haven't gotten tickets yet, but I don't expect it to be much of an issue. I need to get the number of people, probably three, before I order them. But I'll order just to make sure I get some decent tickets and don't have to think about getting there ahead of time.

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Got my family's pre-order tickets for Shang-Chi for next Sunday at noon.  Nearly all of the seats were still available.  This might not get the open Stateside that Marvel is hoping for.

Yeah I was looking at showings Thursday night and Friday and like 90-95% of seats are still available in each showing. Just like those middle seats are taken in each.

On 8/29/2021 at 5:53 AM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Preview of Next What If is Doctor Strange centered.

Thoughts about how this ties into NWH...

Reveal hidden contents

Interesting that this one is premiering right after the Spider Man NWH trailer...with Doc acting a little weird. And in this trailer you notice the "evil" doppelganger has the Eye of Agamotto, but the "our" Doc doesn't since it was destroyed on Titan. But in the NWH trailer Doctor Strange again has the Eye of Agamotto around his neck. HMMMMMM....

Yes, there is definitely speculation he could be a variant Strange. Possibly one that got lost from his universe.

Regarding the eye of agamotto, Thanos destroyed a fake eye, but we do not know where the real on is, and what it wasn’t used in Endgame.

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Yes, there is definitely speculation he could be a variant Strange. Possibly one that got lost from his universe.

Regarding the eye of agamotto, Thanos destroyed a fake eye, but we do not know where the real on is, and what it wasn’t used in Endgame.

Wait wut?  Thanos crushed the fake one in his hand but then Strange gave him the real one which he was hiding in some pocket dimension or something.  We later came to see that Strange giving it to Thanos had to be done for the only winning scenario to come to fruition.  Where Steve returned it remains unclear iirc.

Pretty sure the Strange in this trailer is a Skrull but it's hard to tell just yet.  He def seems off bcuz there's no way Strange would use his magic for what Peter asks him.

36 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Wait wut?  Thanos crushed the fake one in his hand but then Strange gave him the real one which he was hiding in some pocket dimension or something.  We later came to see that Strange giving it to Thanos had to be done for the only winning scenario to come to fruition.  Where Steve returned it remains unclear iirc.

Pretty sure the Strange in this trailer is a Skrull but it's hard to tell just yet.  He def seems off bcuz there's no way Strange would use his magic for what Peter asks him.

I am thinking that the Eye Thanos destroyed was a fake along with the fake stone. The Eye had an unbreakable spell on it. When Strange pulls the real stone from the pocket dimension, the real eye could still be there.

I don’t think it’s a Skrull, but magic is weird 

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

I am thinking that the Eye Thanos destroyed was a fake along with the fake stone. The Eye had an unbreakable spell on it. When Strange pulls the real stone from the pocket dimension, the real eye could still be there.

I don’t think it’s a Skrull, but magic is weird 

The eye is the time stone.  It's how Strange rewound time in his solo movie at the end in Hong Kong.  Maybe he stashed it but that would mean the time stone on Thanos', Hulk's and Iron Man's gauntlets wasn't the real time stone.  We saw Thanos use it in Wakanda to take the final stone from Vision by rewinding time.  

Truth be told, Thanos could've dominated the universe with half of the infinity stones. They really undersold the power of each stone in these movies.  Maybe we'll get to see them play with them more in What If?

I only mentioned Skrull bcuz it looks like they're setting up the MCU equivalent of Secret Invasion. And there are Skulls who practice magic iirc.  Or maybe they could just use Strange's DNA to create their Skrull equivalent of him like they did in the comics.

ZCe1qkB.jpeg

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Strange gave Thanos the stone. He didn't give him the Eye of Aggamotto neckpiece that stored the stone. 

12 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

There have been various pre-releases of this film interestingly enough. A lot of people got to see the film early in the USA. 

Anyway, COVID-19 is just sucking all the fun out of everything. All attendance will be hit hard. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

21 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Strange gave Thanos the stone. He didn't give him the Eye of Aggamotto neckpiece that stored the stone. 

The Eye of Agomotto’s power came from the time stone.  Without the stone, it’s just a fancy piece of jewelry, isn’t it?  Bear in mind, the Eye in the comics was not the time stone. They went a different route in the MCU.