The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

30 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The Eye of Agomotto’s power came from the time stone.  Without the stone, it’s just a fancy piece of jewelry, isn’t it?  Bear in mind, the Eye in the comics was not the time stone. They went a different route in the MCU. 

Yes without it the Eye is rendered powerless I believe. It's just a decorative piece without the stone in the MCU. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 8:50 AM, Acgott said:

That was my favorite What If so far. Love a good whodunnit.

I guess I'm in the minority who has this as the worst of the three. It was a compelling concept, but the "who" and "why" just felt shoehorned into the whole situation - I mean, I just can't say "Multiverse" and wave it off for some reason on this one.

Spoiler

Why was Hope working for Shield? How'd she die? Is Janet stuck in the Quantum Realm? If so, would Hope even go work for Shield?

I know they have limited runtime, so they couldn't do a whole workup on these things - but those felt like critical points to push youknowwho to do youknowwhat.

*Shrug* I dunno, I could be on an island on this one.

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I guess I'm in the minority who has this as the worst of the three. It was a compelling concept, but the "who" and "why" just felt shoehorned into the whole situation - I mean, I just can't say "Multiverse" and wave it off for some reason on this one.

I took it as peace offering to the comic fans who hate Hank Pym for the hitting his wife.  Made him a bad guy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

guess I'm in the minority who has this as the worst of the three. It was a compelling concept, but the "who" and "why" just felt shoehorned into the whole situation - I mean, I just can't say "Multiverse" and wave it off for some reason on this one.

Reveal hidden contents

Why was Hope working for Shield? How'd she die? Is Janet stuck in the Quantum Realm? If so, would Hope even go work for Shield?

I know they have limited runtime, so they couldn't do a whole workup on these things - but those felt like critical points to push youknowwho to do youknowwhat.

*Shrug* I dunno, I could be on an island on this one.

I think it’s fair, and like you said they kinda cut to the chase a lot in these. Somewhat to their detriment.

Spoiler

I think her working for SHIELD is plausible given her anger towards her father at the beginning of Ant-man 1. Easy way to piss him off is go work with the organization he hates.

Plausible too that she took the job at SHIELD to spy/keep an eye on things like she did her father’s company in Antman 1.

As for Janet hard to say, they probably aren’t together. She’d probably reign him in. The difference could be that she’s alive but divorced Hank and stayed with SHIELD. Hope followed in her footsteps instead. Dunno. But she very well could’ve been in the exact situation with no way out.

It was a very left field thing for sure. But nothing really out of character, Hank is kinda unhinged in the main MCU and holds a lot of grudges, so it didn’t strike me as particularly out of character.

• Like 1

If you are looking for a moment to lead to the events of last week's episode, its probably as simple as Darren Cross taking another job. He talked about it in Ant-Man how he had other offers to work under other brilliant men but chose Hank. No Cross means Hank still runs Pym which means his falling out with Hope has her leaving Pym Tech because there is no Cross to help her rebel in that manner. Not far off she would honor her mom and piss off Hank by joining SHIELD. 

A little off topic, but...

After the Spider-Man No Way Home trailer, I decided to go back and rewatch the Raimi trilogy.   Hadn't watched it through in over 10 years.    Originally, I loved 1 and 2, and was disappointed by 3.   Now...

Spidey 1 is too campy and over the top for me to enjoy it now. I get Spiderman is kind of meant to be a little campy....but  I mean....WAY too campy.    Nothing about it has aged well.    Special effects are awful.   Dialogue is cringe.    Acting feels right out of Power Rangers.   I still enjoy certain aspects, but it doesn't hold up.

Spidey 2 is still good, but has the same issues...just not quite as pronounced.   Molina is just the perfect Doc Oc.

Spidey 3 is one of those movies that just made me think...What If....(pun intended)...because there are elements of a decent movie in there.   I think they shouldve made it a two part movie.   First part focuses on Peter and Black Suit Spidey and how it changes him,  but not into emo Peter.   Tobey could pull off dark....take out the stupid dancing and hair crap and have him be a chlling character.   Keep his stuff with Harry since that was the best part.   Replace Sandman with Conners/Lizard, since he was already part of the world.    Have Peter almost kill him, only to realize what its doing to him.    At the end of part 1, have him get rid of it...only to infect Eddie Brock.   Part 2 would be all about Spidey vs Venom....just get any actor than Topher Grace as Venom.   Keep Harry helping Peter and getting killed.

Overall...still a decent trilogy, but nostalgia makes them seem better than they actually are.   2 is the only one worth watching anymore IMO.

• Like 4

What a beautifully dark episode, wow. My favorite by far. Continue to be more and more impressed with the art of this show.

As a big Strange fan this was amazing to see. There is so much more the character can be, glad they tapped into it more here.

If they can tap into even part of this for Multiverse of Madness I’ll be so happy. Love to see them not shy away at all from the supernatural horror.

Spoiler

This episode was nuts. So much tragedy packed into that Christine death montage and him slowly coming to grips with the inescapability of her death. Great lines throughout too.

Was wondering if this was going to be the episode The Watcher crosses into the fray, how they did it was great. Basically telling off strange and letting him live with his collapsed universe forever.

Jeffrey Wright really showing off why they wanted him for this, the tenor of his voice as he showed himself. Parts pissed off, parts annoyed, parts disappointed…been a fan of his for awhile so just awesome to see. Really driving home what his role is in the universe and show.

Continues to set up he’ll maybe finally cross the line and intervene when all of reality is threatened near the end of the season.

• Like 3

Every episode so far has had a optimistic ending. Glad this one didn't, because in the source material a lot of the stories ended on a grim note. 

Dr. Strange is also seen later in the series amongst Captain Carter. So that is still on the way. I do like here how he was able to connect with The Watcher. That was a "wait that isn't supposed to happen" moment for me which I enjoyed. 

BTW, for whatever reason that didn't sound like Regina George Rachael McAdams as Christine. Weird. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

27 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Every episode so far has had a optimistic ending. Glad this one didn't, because in the source material a lot of the stories ended on a grim note. 

I didn't know if they had the stones to end it like that but they finished strong following the story all the way through to the bitter end.   Uatu warned him this could happen and it did.  And it was good to see him refrain from interfering further.  Strange made his bed and made the entire universe lie in it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kiltman said:

What a beautifully dark episode, wow. My favorite by far. Continue to be more and more impressed with the art of this show.

As a big Strange fan this was amazing to see. There is so much more the character can be, glad they tapped into it more here.

If they can tap into even part of this for Multiverse of Madness I’ll be so happy. Love to see them not shy away at all from the supernatural horror.

Hide contents

This episode was nuts. So much tragedy packed into that Christine death montage and him slowly coming to grips with the inescapability of her death. Great lines throughout too.

Was wondering if this was going to be the episode The Watcher crosses into the fray, how they did it was great. Basically telling off strange and letting him live with his collapsed universe forever.

Jeffrey Wright really showing off why they wanted him for this, the tenor of his voice as he showed himself. Parts pissed off, parts annoyed, parts disappointed…been a fan of his for awhile so just awesome to see. Really driving home what his role is in the universe and show.

Continues to set up he’ll maybe finally cross the line and intervene when all of reality is threatened near the end of the season.

Favorite episode by far. The show keeps getting darker and I love it. 

• Like 1