The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

On 9/5/2021 at 5:08 AM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Shang-Chi and the Legends of the Ten Rings is making a heroic showing at the box office, where it will smash the record for Labor Day openings.

The Marvel Studios title from filmmaker Destin Daniel Cretton grossed $29.6 million in Friday ticket sales from 4,300 locations. Internationally, it has grossed $23.4 million, bringing Shang-Chi‘s combined haul to $53 million. The PG-13 movie, which earned positive reviews and a glowing A Cinemascore, stars Simu Liu as Marvel’s newest hero.

With expectations set for an opening of $75-85 million for the four-day frame, Shang-Chi is poised to be one of the biggest domestic openings of the pandemic and will smash the Labor Day weekend record previously held by the 2007 Halloween, which earned $30.6 over the four-day frame.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/box-office-shang-chi-marvel-simu-liu-1235005567/

Pretty good considering the circumstances. 

Nice, saw it got past $90mil domestically I think, which puts it in a pretty good spot amongst the other solo releases from non-covid times.

Would imagine they'll announce some stuff on a possible sequel relatively soon. 

I'll post this here without comment, but here are my up to date MCU rankings

MCU Rankings

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Avengers: Infinity War
  3. Avengers: End Game
  4. The Avengers
  5. Captain America: Civil War
  6. Doctor Strange
  7. Iron Man
  8. Thor: Ragnarok
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy
  10. WandaVision
  11. Captain America: The First Avenger
  12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  13. Ant-Man
  14. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  15. Loki
  16. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  17. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  18. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2
  19. Spider-Man: Far From Home
  20. Thor
  21. Black Widow
  22. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
  23. Iron Man 2
  24. Black Panther
  25. Iron Man 3
  26. Captain Marvel
  27. The Incredible Hulk
  28. Thor: The Dark World
  • Like 3

The Infinity Saga Box Office Numbers via Reddit

2o1muiwz25m71.jpg

Caveat from OP:

This took awhile as I wanted to be as accurate as possible and made sure to cross-reference the numbers I was pulling from to match accordingly to verified information, whenever I came across a discrepancy in the numbers I would then check the raw data to find the appropriate figures.

Most of the Movies were correct and would feel relief when it all matched up, but when they did not align it could be a headache to try to find the exact value. Few had minor differences, while others maybe just had bad reports or data that was only able to collect until a certain date - even though the numbers had not yet been finalized with continued revenue. Another issue I found was a site that would incorrectly list subsequent value of quantity and put a number with less value above another number with greater value, and they did it twice! Thankfully we can actually take the time to check our work.

Sources:

Forbes, Wikipedia, IMDB, Global Rankings, Box Office Pro, The-Numbers.com, boxofficemojo, Movie and Data Business.

After crunching the numbers, I went ahead and had a trusted math expert much smarter than I, to assist in the completion of the final total. To be safe we went through it over & over with different forms of solutions to make sure that we had a consistent answer that always lead to an absolute amount.

Ultimately this was fun to do, even though I was going crazy with big numbers swirling in my head, it was still interesting to see how well some of my favorite MCU movies did and also try to figure out why or how a film performed based on time frame and possible releases surrounding its run in theaters. I hope you enjoy and find it fascinating as well.

Finally it's nice to know that this is only Phase 1-3, Marvel is still going strong with recent releases of Black Widow & Shang-Chi, and there is more possibility of entertaining films in the future!

• Like 2

1. Avengers: Infinity War

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

3. The Avengers

4. Spider-Man: Far From Home

5. Guardians of the Galaxy

6. Iron Man

7. Avengers: Endgame

8. Captain America: Civil War

9. Spider-Man: Homecoming

10. Ant-Man

11. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

12. Captain America: The First Avenger

13. Black Widow

14. Doctor Strange

15. Ant-Man & The Wasp

16. Captain Marvel

17. The Incredible Hulk

18. Black Panther

19. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

20. Thor

21. Iron Man 3

22. Thor: Ragnarok

23. Avengers: Age of Ultron

24. Iron Man 2

25. Thor Dark World

I'm not ranking the TV shows. I already know the three spots that most won't agree with.

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

1. Avengers: Infinity War

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

3. The Avengers

4. Spider-Man: Far From Home

5. Guardians of the Galaxy

6. Iron Man

7. Avengers: Endgame

8. Captain America: Civil War

9. Spider-Man: Homecoming

10. Ant-Man

11. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

12. Captain America: The First Avenger

13. Black Widow

14. Doctor Strange

15. Ant-Man & The Wasp

16. Captain Marvel

17. The Incredible Hulk

18. Black Panther

19. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

20. Thor

21. Iron Man 3

22. Thor: Ragnarok

23. Avengers: Age of Ultron

24. Iron Man 2

25. Thor Dark World

I'm not ranking the TV shows. I already know the three spots that most won't agree with.

Im trying to pick out those three...

Ragnarok

Hulk

and the last one I am not sure which you are referencing so Imma guess Far From Home

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im trying to pick out those three...

Ragnarok

Hulk

and the last one I am not sure which you are referencing so Imma guess Far From Home

I was thinking Age of Ultron but after I hit enter FFH popped up as a potential 4th.

• Like 2

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast