The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Wild episode, I wish at some point they really go for it in Live action with some of these massive scope scenes.

Like that it felt like a packed enough episode for only being part 1.

Hide contents

Clint/Nat stuff was fun to see, and the role reversal of endgame within the silo of the winter soldier facility was very cool to see. 

Actually got an Age of Ultron.

Watcher getting scared and those fights with Supreme Ultron were wild.

President Steve makes made me think they should totally make a Hydra Steve episode next season, as well as give us a proper World War Hulk.

That episode was great. Can’t wait for next week

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Wild episode, I wish at some point they really go for it in Live action with some of these massive scope scenes.

Like that it felt like a packed enough episode for only being part 1.

Reveal hidden contents

Clint/Nat stuff was fun to see, and the role reversal of endgame within the silo of the winter soldier facility was very cool to see. 

Actually got an Age of Ultron.

Watcher getting scared and those fights with Supreme Ultron were wild.

President Steve makes made me think they should totally make a Hydra Steve episode next season, as well as give us a proper World War Hulk.

Spoiler

Did... was... Did... did GALACTUS make a cameo!?

Awesome episode that was worth the wait. Wish it was just a few minutes longer. The only issue I had with it was Thanos getting bodied like that with 5 of the infinity gems. I get that they needed Thanos to drop the gems right quick, but there had to be a more in-universe plausible way than that. 

Someone elsewhere mentioned they could have just had a battle we don't necessarily see, and then somehow Ultron comes out on top even up against 5 gems. It would come off as a copout to a degree, but surprisingly I'd take that over what we actually got. Thanos' power level has been very inconsistent for the plot of a couple of these episodes in accordance to what was established in Infinity War/Endgame. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Awesome episode that was worth the wait. Wish it was just a few minutes longer. The only issue I had with it was Thanos getting bodied like that with 5 of the infinity gems. I get that they needed Thanos to drop the gems right quick, but there had to be a more in-universe plausible way than that. 

Someone elsewhere mentioned they could have just had a battle we don't necessarily see, and then somehow Ultron comes out on top even up against 5 gems. It would come off as a copout to a degree, but surprisingly I'd take that over what we actually got. Thanos' power level has been very inconsistent for the plot of a couple of these episodes in accordance to what was established in Infinity War/Endgame. 

Yeah...that part kinda bothered me too. 

What If ended up being much better than I expected.  That was a great finale and everything came together.  I'm unsure if I should rank it amongst the rest of the MCU or not.  With the whole multi-verse angle coming up, it could very easily be considered canon, but as an animated feature it is still apart a bit.  If I do include it, it likely beats out more than a few of the bottom tier movies.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

What If ended up being much better than I expected.  That was a great finale and everything came together.  I'm unsure if I should rank it amongst the rest of the MCU or not.  With the whole multi-verse angle coming up, it could very easily be considered canon, but as an animated feature it is still apart a bit.  If I do include it, it likely beats out more than a few of the bottom tier movies.

I enjoyed the finale...but it kinda felt a bit rushed. 

Spoiler

Also...the universe that The Watcher sent Widow...interesting to see that Fury called in Captain Marvel

2 hours ago, D82 said:

I enjoyed the finale...but it kinda felt a bit rushed. 

Hide contents

Also...the universe that The Watcher sent Widow...interesting to see that Fury called in Captain Marvel

Spoiler

Apparently Gamora was from the delayed Stark goes to Sakaar episode. But yeah, would be interesting to hear what all the exactly had to trim for time with all of these.

Also fairly certain Apocalypse Widow's new home is the universe where Hank Pym killed all of the Avengers, we saw her at the end of that one respond to Loki invading. Curious what the rest of the Avengers would look like in that Universe.  

Some mentioned a couple doubts on Yondus arrow. Saying its catchable or not as fast as Hawkeyes arrows.

Quicksilver moves at MACH 4 speed. After Yondus walk with Rocket and Groot. The overhead shot that showed the arrow zipping around blew past MACH 5. The higher the pitch, the faster it goes. To the point that after MACH 5, metal can generate enough friction to catch fire. Which is what happened before triggering the explosion. So were talking the neighborhood of 6000fps.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:
  Hide contents

Apparently Gamora was from the delayed Stark goes to Sakaar episode. But yeah, would be interesting to hear what all the exactly had to trim for time with all of these.

Also fairly certain Apocalypse Widow's new home is the universe where Hank Pym killed all of the Avengers, we saw her at the end of that one respond to Loki invading. Curious what the rest of the Avengers would look like in that Universe.  

Spoiler

Maybe? But wasn't Captain America killed in that Pym universe? He was shown so I don't know if it's the same one?

On 8/11/2021 at 11:17 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Does anyone know if the What If episodes are self contained or is it one long story line? I really don't care about Captain Carter and am going to skip it, and maybe others, if possible.

To answer my own question, watch them all.

Overall ,it was a good series and the animation grew on me. Definitely some things I disliked about it. But it finished strong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:
  Hide contents

Maybe? But wasn't Captain America killed in that Pym universe? He was shown so I don't know if it's the same one?

Spoiler

Nope. It was set in “Fury’s big Week” which was Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk and Thor. Steve hadn’t been thawed out yet. The ending of that episode was Fury looking at the Frozen shield and then Captain Marvel landing next to him.

• Like 1

Good finale. Dr. Strange carried that team, and was more like 1970's Dr. Strange with the scope of his powers. 

I guess the episodes don't potentially connect to the greater MCU as I thought they might. And my thinking was that since What If stories are traditionally contained, it wouldn't connect to anything else, but since the episodes eventually started to look like they would connect within each other, I considered other MCU tie-ins. But nope, and that's mostly okay. Still had a lot of fun with the show. Interesting how Natasha was sent to another universe could have been a way get the main MCU Natasha back. Oh well, ScarJo is probably done with Disney anyway. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast