The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

BTW Eternals is supposed to be 2 hours and 37 minutes. That's a lot. 

It's about a team though, that might add for some extra exposition.  If it's a well thought and entertaining story, then 157 minutes will fly by. I'd be a lot more worried if it clocked in under 2 hours. The first Guardians is 122 minutes, but looking at it, it's a very face level linear story telling.  It's done well, so it still works, but that movie is not that complex.

That's going to be interesting. I'm definitely interested in seeing how that goes. Is she going to be Agatha or Agnes or both? Right now she's under a spell so you'd think Agnes, but if it's time prior to the events of WandaVision then she'd be Agatha. I almost wonder if she's going to show up or get taken out of the spell that Wanda put her under in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.

6 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

That's going to be interesting. I'm definitely interested in seeing how that goes. Is she going to be Agatha or Agnes or both? Right now she's under a spell so you'd think Agnes, but if it's time prior to the events of WandaVision then she'd be Agatha. I almost wonder if she's going to show up or get taken out of the spell that Wanda put her under in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.

I could see it going either way.  Either a prequel series about her life  pre-WandaVision (which could be any number of seasons if you really want to) or picking up from the end of WandaVision and sprinkle in details about her past as her current story progresses.

Or possibly even both.  Have all of season one lead up to WandaVision with the end of season 1 being how she escapes Wanda's spell (likely coming from something foreshadowed throughout the season) and move forward with the character from there after using season 1 to establish her backstory with season 2 moving into the post WandaVision future of the MCU.

I’m surprised how much spin-off content they are down to do this early into the Disney+ content. This, the Echo series and reading an interview about What If T’Challa Starlord was going to potentially get a spin-off animated series prior to Chadwick’s passing. Other characters from that are being considered too.

It’s cool to see how nimble they are with going with what works. They are untethered by scope and popularity now. People are down for anything Marvel rn on Disney+.

As for Agnes / Hahn getting more space, totally get it. She was great. 

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if that is the first season. Flashbacks to her past, make her more of a grey character like she is in the comics and then at the end her breaking free of Wanda's spell somehow.

Makes sense, would be a way to bring back certain characters from Wandavision too.

I could see her breaking free after a couple episodes too and the show morphing into her own thing the rest of the way. Would get the Westview tie-ins and cameo victory lap then move on.

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I’m surprised how much spin-off content they are down to do this early into the Disney+ content. This, the Echo series and reading an interview about What If T’Challa Starlord was going to potentially get a spin-off animated series prior to Chadwick’s passing. Other characters from that are being considered too.

It’s cool to see how nimble they are with going with what works. They are untethered by scope and popularity now. People are down for anything Marvel rn on Disney+.

As for Agnes / Hahn getting more space, totally get it. She was great. 

Makes sense, would be a way to bring back certain characters from Wandavision too.

I could see her breaking free after a couple episodes too and the show morphing into her own thing the rest of the way. Would get the Westview tie-ins and cameo victory lap then move on.

It's gotta be a bit freeing for Disney too. Trying to adhere to a movie release schedule with SO MANY A list actors who have busy AF schedules in the Infinity Saga to now doing Disney+ ish whenever they please with the ability to release it whenever and be flexible with the talent scheduling. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

It's gotta be a bit freeing for Disney too. Trying to adhere to a movie release schedule with SO MANY A list actors who have busy AF schedules in the Infinity Saga to now doing Disney+ ish whenever they please with the ability to release it whenever and be flexible with the talent scheduling. 

Yeah, just reshuffle the deck on the fly. Because as of next year Marvel isn’t the only one they are doing this with. They already started it with Pixar stuff and now with getting so much Star Wars content they can just move stuff around as they need to.

They are possibility rich and seem game to do whatever, like it’s crazy that we’ll get an Echo show, an Agnes show and reportedly that Werewolf by Night project all within the first 4 years of content post Endgame. Like no one had any of those in those “top 10 films Marvel should make” from a popularity standpoint.

It really sets up the ability to do crossovers in a way fans will be happy about. They know people love that stuff. They want “the engineer” Monica was talking about in Wandavision to be somebody/something.

30 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It really sets up the ability to do crossovers in a way fans will be happy about. They know people love that stuff.

People just lap that stuff up.  It's a big reason why the Chicago shows and the Law & Order shows have been so popular for NBC.

I just heard a great theory from New Rockstars regarding the Whatif credit scene.

Spoiler

What if the Steve that returned is Hydra Steve, brainwashed like the Winter Solider. Would you guys like this route for a live action movie using Chris Evans, or keep it for animated?

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

I just heard a great theory from New Rockstars regarding the Whatif credit scene.

Hide contents

What if the Steve that returned is Hydra Steve, brainwashed like the Winter Solider. Would you guys like this route for a live action movie using Chris Evans, or keep it for animated?

Spoiler

I wouldn’t mind seeing it but keep it animated. I think Evans would come back to do the voice but maybe not a full blown thing doing it.

I do think it’d be cool if we got an animated Hydra Steve thing that whenever they do Secret Wars live action that variant is like the first one they come across as a fake out.

They only get like one of those variant fake outs and that seems kinda perfectly setup for a big non-visual difference.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast