The Marvel Cinematic Universe- X-Men 97 trailer (March 20)

Acgott

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Again....why revive it then?  Why not do something new?  That would make more sense.   Youre not inviting comparisons to a beloved show.

And while the shows you mentioned were good, how are they the bar when the 90s XMen show is talked about to this day and how it paved the way for shows like the ones you mentioned?     

Say what you want about 90s XMen, but it was a revolutionary show along with Batman TAS that paved the way for comic book shows not just to be viewed as kids shows.     

We will see what happens, but I maintain its very unlikely it works out well.   I think Disney just enjoys taking dumps on classic shows and movies.

Hey I agree I’d much rather see an all new X-Men comic.  I respect that the 90’s cartoon tried to pull so much from the comics but that didn’t matter much to me when it looked like crap compared to other cartoons before it. Pryde of the X-Men preceded it and still looks better. And W&tX is the bar bcuz it’s the best version so far by a mile. That’s the standard not who was before whom. 

17 hours ago, 43M said:

I certainly wouldnt call it unwatchable, but it hasnt aged extremely well.

Again...it hasnt aged well, but it doesnt need an update.  Just make a completely new XMen show.    All youre doing by resurrecting the old show is begging for cheap nostalgia views and inviting comparisons that arent likely going to be good ones...similarly to Disney and their live action remakes of old animated movies.

Disney has a major problem with originality, anymore.

Maybe they really want to use the theme song? 😄

So there's a site, https://rankingengine.pubmeeple.com, that you can use to do comparisons on a lot of things, but I loaded in all the MCU properties and full rankings for me:

1    Avengers: Endgame
2    Avengers: Infinity War
3    Thor: Ragnarok
4    WandaVision
5    Doctor Strange
6    The Avengers
7    Guardians of the Galaxy
8    Iron Man
9    Thor
10    Loki
11    The Avengers: Age of Ultron
12    Spiderman: Far From Home
13    Spiderman: Homecoming
14    Shang-Chi
15    Eternals
16    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
17    Ant-Man an the Wasp
18    Black Widow
19    Ant-Man
20    What If?
21    Iron Man 2
22    Iron Man 3
23    Black Panther
24    Captain Marvel
25    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
26    Captain America: Civil War
27    Captain America: The First Avenger
28    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
29    Thor: The Dark World
30    The Incredible Hulk

You can grab the list I have and paste it in, just delete the numbers and it does side by side comparisons between movies/shows until you have a full order.

26 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'm so glad that it looks like they went fully insane for Moon Knight. Should be really fun to watch.

Perfect opportunity to bring back Bernthal's Punisher if they wanted too...

He's gotta be coming back soonish. If they are bringing back so much of Daredevil, he's gotta be in line to show up too.
Lot's of opportunities too with them doing some NY street level stuff in the MCU, Thunderbolts and if they wanted him to do supernatural stuff he could show up in Blade or something Midnight Sons related.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

So there's a site, https://rankingengine.pubmeeple.com, that you can use to do comparisons on a lot of things, but I loaded in all the MCU properties and full rankings for me:

1    Avengers: Endgame
2    Avengers: Infinity War
3    Thor: Ragnarok
4    WandaVision
5    Doctor Strange
6    The Avengers
7    Guardians of the Galaxy
8    Iron Man
9    Thor
10    Loki
11    The Avengers: Age of Ultron
12    Spiderman: Far From Home
13    Spiderman: Homecoming
14    Shang-Chi
15    Eternals
16    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
17    Ant-Man an the Wasp
18    Black Widow
19    Ant-Man
20    What If?
21    Iron Man 2
22    Iron Man 3
23    Black Panther
24    Captain Marvel
25    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
26    Captain America: Civil War
27    Captain America: The First Avenger
28    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
29    Thor: The Dark World
30    The Incredible Hulk

You can grab the list I have and paste it in, just delete the numbers and it does side by side comparisons between movies/shows until you have a full order.

I could just flip yours upside down and be happy with it. lol

Cause of your top 5. Only Thor wouldnt be in my bottom 5.

12 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Definitely the fastest way I've ever tried to rank them.
Were only a couple discrepancies I switched when seeing them next to eachother.

MCU Rank
1    Avengers: Infinity War
2    Doctor Strange
3    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4    Avengers: Endgame
5    Loki
6    WandaVision
7    Thor: Ragnarok
8    Guardians of the Galaxy
9    Captain America: The First Avenger
10    Iron Man

11    Spiderman: Homecoming
12    Spiderman: Far From Home
13    Captain America: Civil War
14    Black Panther
15    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 

16    The Avengers (mostly on how big it was, how it's written and how it's shot irk me)
17    Eternals
18    Shang-Chi
19    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
20    What If? (The Doctor Strange episode would be top 6 on its own)
21     Ant-Man and the Wasp
22     Black Widow
23    Ant-Man 

24    The Avengers: Age of Ultron
25    Thor

26    Thor: The Dark World
27    Iron Man 2
28    Captain Marvel  
29    The Incredible Hulk
30    Iron Man 3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel – [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie," Pascal says. "We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel. We're thinking of this as three films, and now we're going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies."

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/sony-confirms-3-more-marvel-produced-spider-man-movies-after-no-way-home/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=211129_092458_Comicbook.com Daily Newsletter&utm_content=Link

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If i'm Holland, i'm ready to ride this role for the next 20 years and make $250+ million off it, lol. He can still find time to make smaller movies, it's not like he has to get jacked like Hemsworth to play Spiderman.

I mean he found the time to make a big tentpole flick in a potential big franchise with Uncharted... granted that was also Sony so the scheduling was probably a bit easier but still. Dude is taking the industry by the horns

Good. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants a neutered Punisher. Good to see guys like Ryan Reynolds and Jon Bernthal demand to do right by their respective characters every once in a while.

Like I said earlier, I'm warming up to a PG-13 Blade, but Deadpool or Punisher? No way.

By all means, put it on Hulu if you can't put it under your precious Disney/Marvel Studios banner unfettered in good conscience, but don't neuter it. This is a guy who revels in brutality, it's literally part of his character. FFS, the 2005 game had to be censored just to avoid an AO by the ESRB.

• Like 1