The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

5 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not sure how this hasn't been posted yet...

He also pretty much confirmed it was happening, but wouldn't say when, where, or how. 

My guess is either a colleague of Jennifer Walter in She-Hulk or part of whatever team up they are angling for Black Knight and Blade

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Good. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants a neutered Punisher. Good to see guys like Ryan Reynolds and Jon Bernthal demand to do right by their respective characters every once in a while.

Like I said earlier, I'm warming up to a PG-13 Blade, but Deadpool or Punisher? No way.

By all means, put it on Hulu if you can't put it under your precious Disney/Marvel Studios banner unfettered in good conscience, but don't neuter it. This is a guy who revels in brutality, it's literally part of his character. FFS, the 2005 game had to be censored just to avoid an AO by the ESRB.

Feige mentioned awhile ago about doing a separate sub brand for the r rating. So maybe they come back to it.

I think Frank is a tough nut to crack. There are certain political/world events that sort of put old school Punisher out of something they’d want to do. Like a dude just annihilating who he deems unworthy is a harder sell. I think it can be done but you gotta think it through and be a little more purposeful with it. I think Frank is a great character to have other characters play off of. Like Daredevil seeing him as that line he doesn’t cross helps and challenges him.

RN they are making a huge deal about Ronin in Hawkeye, yet that’s pretty much what Frank is most of the time. Just hyper localized.

If they bring him in I could see it being in the Deadpool movie, in the Thunderbolts or (what I could see them doing) just have him flip to the supernatural stuff he took part in. And have him blast away to his heart’s content at them.

Its a shame we’ll never see him and Cap interact. Him refusing to raise a hand to Cap because of his adoration and respect to him was always an interesting character moment to me in the Civil War comic. As is the moment preceding it when he kills a former/sometimes villain who’s trying to help. 

13 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Feige mentioned awhile ago about doing a separate sub brand for the r rating. So maybe they come back to it.

I think Frank is a tough nut to crack. There are certain political/world events that sort of put old school Punisher out of something they’d want to do. Like a dude just annihilating who he deems unworthy is a harder sell. I think it can be done but you gotta think it through and be a little more purposeful with it. I think Frank is a great character to have other characters play off of. Like Daredevil seeing him as that line he doesn’t cross helps and challenges him.

RN they are making a huge deal about Ronin in Hawkeye, yet that’s pretty much what Frank is most of the time. Just hyper localized.

If they bring him in I could see it being in the Deadpool movie, in the Thunderbolts or (what I could see them doing) just have him flip to the supernatural stuff he took part in. And have him blast away to his heart’s content at them.

Its a shame we’ll never see him and Cap interact. Him refusing to raise a hand to Cap because of his adoration and respect to him was always an interesting character moment to me in the Civil War comic. As is the moment preceding it when he kills a former/sometimes villain who’s trying to help. 

Both the recent comics and the Punisher Netflix series did a good job of the bolded. Like they are doing with Daredevil, I think you can just pull the Punisher right into the MCU from Netflix with few changes.

I had seen it before, but my wife and I watched watched through all 3 seasons of Daredevil recently and man, that third season is so insanely good. Charlie Cox is awesome, but I hope that means they bring back Elden Henson as Foggy as well. He's not a great actor or anything, but he is supremely likeable, which I think needs to be the number 1 trait of that character right now.

Spoiler

Also, obviously, D'onofrio needs to come back, but he basically already has and it should be confirmed tomorrow. He did such a good job with Kingpin that if you go back and read even really old comics now, you can't help but read Kingpin's dialogue with his speaking cadence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Both the recent comics and the Punisher Netflix series did a good job of the bolded. Like they are doing with Daredevil, I think you can just pull the Punisher right into the MCU from Netflix with few changes.

I had seen it before, but my wife and I watched watched through all 3 seasons of Daredevil recently and man, that third season is so insanely good. Charlie Cox is awesome, but I hope that means they bring back Elden Henson as Foggy as well. He's not a great actor or anything, but he is supremely likeable, which I think needs to be the number 1 trait of that character right now.

Hide contents

Also, obviously, D'onofrio needs to come back, but he basically already has and it should be confirmed tomorrow. He did such a good job with Kingpin that if you go back and read even really old comics now, you can't help but read Kingpin's dialogue with his speaking cadence.

I was sick all last week and re-watched Defenders, Daredevil Season 3, and Iron First Season 1.  First, Iron Fist was even worse the second time around.  That show is just nonsensical and none of the characters are likable. Defenders was surprisingly entertaining on second viewing.  Its certainly not amazing but fun. Finally, Season 3 of Daredevil, as you said, is excellent. I think I was kind of burned out on it when I first watched it but this time I found it captivating. 

On 12/6/2021 at 9:01 PM, Kiltman said:

I thought that was Bob Iger, who in the same interview said there would be others besides Deadpool. I know it's two different people saying different things (Kevin Feige said there weren't any others currently in production apart from Deadpool, but said "discussions can be had" if one makes sense for it) and a lot can change between the two, but interesting nonetheless. And obviously there's tiers to this.

Basically, Deadpool and Punisher need to be R-rated. The things they say and do (which is what people watch/read their stuff to see) simply can't be pulled off with a PG-13 (you can't properly showcase Frank's viciousness with quick cuts and the like, not when he stabs people in the eyes and throat, bludgeons people with a sledgehammer, grinds their face into glass and blows people's face off, just to name a few) and the whole aura surrounding their characters is that they're not your typical heroes and what they do isn't for the squeamish. Deadpool even flat out says it.

He also has a regenerative-healing ability that (obviously) requires some gore to work properly.

DareDevil and Blade, I guess you could go (hard) PG-13, but they obviously better lend themselves to an R rating (the Frank Miller comics and first 2 Snipes films and anime series, respectively).

It has to be hard, though, it can't be your typical quip-heavy MCU fare, which I thought hurt Black Widow, who's supposed to have a traumatic origin story that was watered-down in no small part because of it. It's not a bad movie by any means, but it is an underwhelming waste of potential that was a few years too late to boot.

Edited by KManX89

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I thought that was Bob Iger, who in the same interview said there would be others besides Deadpool. I know it's two different people saying different things (Kevin Feige said there weren't any others currently in production apart from Deadpool, but said "discussions can be had" if one makes sense for it) and a lot can change between the two, but interesting nonetheless. And obviously there's tiers to this.

Basically, Deadpool and Punisher need to be R-rated. The things they say and do (which is what people watch/read their stuff to see) simply can't be pulled off with a PG-13 (you can't properly showcase Frank's viciousness with quick cuts and the like, not when he stabs people in the eyes and throat, bludgeons people with a sledgehammer, grinds their face into glass and blows people's face off, just to name a few) and the whole aura surrounding their characters is that they're not your typical heroes and what they do isn't for the squeamish. Deadpool even flat out says it.

He also has a regenerative-healing ability that (obviously) requires some gore to work properly.

DareDevil and Blade, I guess you could go (hard) PG-13, but they obviously better lend themselves to an R rating (the Frank Miller comics and first 2 Snipes films and anime series, respectively).

It has to be hard, though, it can't be your typical quip-heavy MCU fare, which I thought hurt Black Widow, who's supposed to have a traumatic origin story that was watered-down in no small part because of it. It's not a bad movie by any means, but it is an underwhelming waste of potential that was a few years too late to boot.

Ah maybe, knew someone high up talked about it. 

Yeah if you want Frank to be in Frank’s world it has to be R. There are ways to bring him in otherwise but if he has his own street level thing it’d take a very creative director to get it to not be R.

I do hope the more stuff they produce the more they are fine for really tailoring stuff to parts of the audience. Like it’s better to really give what 2/3rds of your audience wants than watering it down to fit everyone in. Like with Frank you can do mini-series seasons that are TV-MA and then if he’s in Thunderbolts,  Midnight Sons or whatever he can fit in there fine.

“Nice” thing is it’s just violence, the leash is way longer on that stuff for doing that hard PG-15 sorta stuff

I think it’d be kinda fun to see him get a mini series, do Thunderbolts and get killed (injecting some stakes into the MCU is always welcomed) and then he gets resurrected in Midnight Sons. He’d also be a fun character to brink back in a supporting role for Blade.

It really would just take a new moniker to make it work.

Like call it Marvel Knights or whatever, put some money into launching it so people know like “hey if you’re sitting down for a Marvel thing and this logo comes on, you know what you’re in for.” Disney+ already has the function to block stuff from profiles. So it’s really not that hard.

I guess we’ll see how Deadpool goes in two or so years.

On 12/10/2021 at 1:46 PM, Kiltman said:

Ah maybe, knew someone high up talked about it. 

Yeah if you want Frank to be in Frank’s world it has to be R. There are ways to bring him in otherwise but if he has his own street level thing it’d take a very creative director to get it to not be R.

I do hope the more stuff they produce the more they are fine for really tailoring stuff to parts of the audience. Like it’s better to really give what 2/3rds of your audience wants than watering it down to fit everyone in. Like with Frank you can do mini-series seasons that are TV-MA and then if he’s in Thunderbolts,  Midnight Sons or whatever he can fit in there fine.

“Nice” thing is it’s just violence, the leash is way longer on that stuff for doing that hard PG-15 sorta stuff

I think it’d be kinda fun to see him get a mini series, do Thunderbolts and get killed (injecting some stakes into the MCU is always welcomed) and then he gets resurrected in Midnight Sons. He’d also be a fun character to brink back in a supporting role for Blade.

It really would just take a new moniker to make it work.

Like call it Marvel Knights or whatever, put some money into launching it so people know like “hey if you’re sitting down for a Marvel thing and this logo comes on, you know what you’re in for.” Disney+ already has the function to block stuff from profiles. So it’s really not that hard.

I guess we’ll see how Deadpool goes in two or so years.

Franken-Castle.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast