The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

16 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I think it can be done, but I think there needs to be a cooling off period.  LIS, ideally, you give the roughly 8 years that Series 1 took to progress from Iron Man to Infinity Wars.

Jackman left big shoes to fill, but at the same time no one saw Jackman coming (he'd done two smaller-budget Aussie films and some TV prior and other than that most of his background was theater), so that may be the best route to go with regard to a new Wolverine (barring an ideal character actor who has, age and time-wise, eight-plus years to commit to the role  the way RDJ did with Stark), since that was effectively the route they went to cast Hemsworth and Holland.  Also, if you stick to a more canonical version of Logan (will be interesting to see since as Logan showed, you really need to be willing to up the level of violence to do him properly) and make him the shorter, stockier version - it should present enough of a difference in characterization to allow the actor to make the character their own (or at least differentiate it from the previously accepted version - akin, but not fully like, Ledger did with his Joker compared to Nicholson's and Hamill's).

Just don't fudge up like the Han Solo replacement. 

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Just don't fudge up like the Han Solo replacement. 

See, that's where I'm worried that that may encourage them to rush it.  Which if they do, the two best options are probably Richard Armitage (who is already in his early mid-40's and may not have the time to give to the character, not to mention he's the same height as Hemsworth) who can definitely do the voice correctly as he already voices Logan on a Wolverine-centric podcast and Aidan Turner (who can nail the role, I'm convinced) but again is already tall and kind of lanky, so by the time he adds the necessary muscle to look an appropriate Wolverine is going to be damn near the size of Cap.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Walton Goggins take on Logan, but I doubt he's high on their list... and he's already 46.  My dark horse and probably the only GoT cast member I'd consider (sorry, Kit) is Kristofer Hivju, a natural ginger, yes, but hair dye can fix a lot, and he has the chops for the part, plus he's just young enough that he could likely play the part into his mid-50's and still carry everything physically just fine.

I'll admit, my dream casting that will never happen (and might push the realms of believability unless the full 8 years is waited out so that he's as easy to slough off as having once played Angel as Evans once played Johnny Storm) would be Ben Foster.  There is nothing that man can't do.  He can definitely add the necessary muscle to have the proper build.  And he can utterly nail the brooding, you-can't-break-down-my-walls, still-kind-of-feral Logan.

16 minutes ago, The LBC said:

See, that's where I'm worried that that may encourage them to rush it.  Which if they do, the two best options are probably Richard Armitage (who is already in his early mid-40's and may not have the time to give to the character, not to mention he's the same height as Hemsworth) who can definitely do the voice correctly as he already voices Logan on a Wolverine-centric podcast and Aidan Turner (who can nail the role, I'm convinced) but again is already tall and kind of lanky, so by the time he adds the necessary muscle to look an appropriate Wolverine is going to be damn near the size of Cap.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Walton Goggins take on Logan, but I doubt he's high on their list... and he's already 46.  My dark horse and probably the only GoT cast member I'd consider (sorry, Kit) is Kristofer Hivju, a natural ginger, yes, but hair dye can fix a lot, and he has the chops for the part, plus he's just young enough that he could likely play the part into his mid-50's and still carry everything physically just fine.

I'll admit, my dream casting that will never happen (and might push the realms of believability unless the full 8 years is waited out so that he's as easy to slough off as having once played Angel as Evans once played Johnny Storm) would be Ben Foster.  There is nothing that man can't do.  He can definitely add the necessary muscle to have the proper build.  And he can utterly nail the brooding, you-can't-break-down-my-walls, still-kind-of-feral Logan.

Walton Goggins was just in Ant Man 2 lol

Gonna need someone around 30.

Edited by PapaShogun

21 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Walton Goggins was just in Ant Man 2 lol

Gonna need someone around 30.

Mid-30's at the moment is fine, IMO.  It allows the actor to pick up the role in his late-late-30's to early-40's and play it through to, at worst, his early 50's, which is pretty akin to what Jackman did.  Some may want to present that it's too physically demanding, but if Tom Cruise can be doing a fair amount of his own stunts and still churning out MI movies at age 56, it's definitely doable.  Plus, other than Beast (depending on what age you decide to make him) and certain other tertiary characters, if they even introduce them like Xorn and Banshee, Logan should be the oldest X-Man (the Professor aside) and not just because of his having been alive since the pre-Civil War.

I realize that Logan ages substantially slower than normal humans or even normal mutants, but having any actor visibly the same age as a Storm, Cyclops, and Jean Grey never sat well with me, because you're asking a casual audience to interpret a much older character from a younger actor playing alongside similarly-aged peers.

Youngest I'd probably go among actors I think could pull off the role is Kyle Schmid, who turns 34 this year and would probably be right around 38 or 39 when taking over the role.

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

Mid-30's at the moment is fine, IMO.  It allows the actor to pick up the role in his late-late-30's to early-40's and play it through to, at worst, his early 50's, which is pretty akin to what Jackman did.  Some may want to present that it's too physically demanding, but if Tom Cruise can be doing a fair amount of his own stunts and still churning out MI movies at age 56, it's definitely doable.  Plus, other than Beast (depending on what age you decide to make him) and certain other tertiary characters, if they even introduce them like Xorn and Banshee, Logan should be the oldest X-Man (the Professor aside) and not just because of his having been alive since the pre-Civil War.

I realize that Logan ages substantially slower than normal humans or even normal mutants, but having any actor visibly the same age as a Storm, Cyclops, and Jean Grey never sat well with me, because you're asking a casual audience to interpret a much older character from a younger actor playing alongside similarly-aged peers.

Youngest I'd probably go among actors I think could pull off the role is Kyle Schmid, who turns 34 this year and would probably be right around 38 or 39 when taking over the role.

Tom Cruise is a huge outlier. He's the exception not the rule.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Tom Cruise is a huge outlier. He's the exception not the rule.

He's also 56 and I'm talking someone pushing into their early 50's.  50-year-old actors still able to do fight choreography and wire-work isn't that uncommon.  Del Toro is going it and just turned 51 this year.  Keanu is still doing it in his early 50's; so is Jeffrey Dean Morgan.  Woody Harrelson is doing it in his late-50's.  Brolin just turned 50 this year.  I mean, for God's sake, Michael Keaton just played a Marvel/Sony movie main baddie a couple years ago and he's currently 66.

Tom is clearly an outlier in that Tom does that vast majority of his own stunts; that's typically not the Marvel Studios way anyway, so it's kind of a moot point.  I think people overcomplicate the kind of fight choreography necessary for Logan; most people with a solid dancer's background (particularly stage) could handle it.

• Like 1

Watched all the movies so far with the exception of Ant Man and the Wasp. Need to see Infinity War again. 

The best ones I watched were: Avengers Assemble, Winter Soldier (best one imo), Thor, GOTG, Civil War, Black Panther. 

Worst Ones: Spider-Man, Iron Man 3, Ragnorok (except Tessa Thompson), Ant Man, 

1 hour ago, fretgod99 said:

Acting, man. I got this covered. I took good notes when I watched this documentary:

This post deserves multiple likes. But while I agree acting is important, what certain people never got was the writing aspect down. Take this documentary that explains why writing is really the most important part of the movie.

• Like 1

Betcha there's a Wolverine post credits scene at the end of the next Avengers movie.  Everybody's acting like it's not official yet, but there's gonna be a post-credits scene referencing the X-Men before anything is officially announced and it's gonna be awesome. 

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast