The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

37 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Its telling that we have had ZERO rumors about who Disney might be eyeing to replace Gunn, especially given the current GotG3 timeline for production. 

That is a very good point, but history also shows us that massive Companies like Disney never admit they were wrong.

The one thing that would combat that thought would be the early online speculation that they would just grab one of their already in-house directors to just takeover what Gunn has already laid in place, like maybe Tiaka

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

That is a very good point, but history also shows us that massive Companies like Disney never admit they were wrong.

The one thing that would combat that thought would be the early online speculation that they would just grab one of their already in-house directors to just takeover what Gunn has already laid in place, like maybe Tiaka

Still though, even if its "in house" that director will still need to do work on the script and likely make some pre-production changes. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Still though, even if its "in house" that director will still need to do work on the script and likely make some pre-production changes. 

Agreed, which is why I said good point, haha. And it would be a breath of fresh air to see a Company like Disney admit to a knee-jerk mistake. They would probably get alot of good press and credit (probably not deserved) from the majority of the public (other than the rabid ones who arent thinking logically, most of that arent really fans anyway).

Im rooting for that outcome. It would be great for Guardians 3, it would be great for setting precedent to public reactions, and an over all win for society.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Agreed, which is why I said good point, haha. And it would be a breath of fresh air to see a Company like Disney admit to a knee-jerk mistake. They would probably get alot of good press and credit (probably not deserved) from the majority of the public (other than the rabid ones who arent thinking logically, most of that arent really fans anyway).

Im rooting for that outcome. It would be great for Guardians 3, it would be great for setting precedent to public reactions, and an over all win for society.

Agreed. I also dont think it would have been so knee jerk if not for the shareholders meeting regarding the merger. 

Delved into this a few pages back. But he was engaging in some of the bad behavior that has gotten others fired for even lesser offenses. Him casting stones at other people while he himself lived in a glass house is what undid him. Had he shut his mouth this would not have happened. I agree that he should not have been fired. Even if the jokes were made yesterday. And I also didn't agree with Phil from Duck Dynasty getting kicked off in the first place, nor Rosanne Barr either. She and Gunn I really do not like, but over reactions to that is what led to and justified this sort of thing. Again Gunn went out of his way to call people bash people about the same so-called bigotry and indecency that he himself openly joked about in some of the most disgusting ways. Had he kept his mouth shut none of this would have happened.

Again people in Hollywood are crying foul and unjust. But only because it's happened to them now. They've had no problem with things like this happening to others they wanted to bash on their social media websites. This is the monster they helped create. Honestly I don't feel bad for Gunn in the least, I just hate what kind of trend this sets for everyone. Now Freedom of Speech can only go so far.

I agree whole heartedly that this is the chicken coming home to roost for Gunn and 'that side'. I too don't believe Rosanne should have been ritually sacrificed, but overall I dislike the 'two wrongs make it right' type thinking that seems to be going on here.

Just in general everyone needs to stop judging people on their lowest moment(s) and have some nuance and empathy for others. Its getting so outrageous and self serving, the logical evolution of a '#thoughtsandprayers' society.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I agree they won't say they were wrong. Doesn't mean they won't rehire them, though. Companies reverse decisions or roll back policy all the time without truly admitting they screwed up.

James Gunn wont be returning for GOTG 3

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/01/james-gunn-not-reinstated-disney-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3/

As he shouldn't. I dont care if Disney knew about the tweets before hand or not. Once something like that surfaces to the public there is no other option. Disney has always been kid friendly. Cant have someone making pedo jokes

1 hour ago, Knowledge said:

James Gunn wont be returning for GOTG 3

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/01/james-gunn-not-reinstated-disney-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3/

As he shouldn't. I dont care if Disney knew about the tweets before hand or not. Once something like that surfaces to the public there is no other option. Disney has always been kid friendly. Cant have someone making pedo jokes

Despite the majority of them probably being perverts themselves who turn the likes of Miley, Britney, Bella etc into the hoochies they are today.

Well Britney has got her act together. 

37 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Despite the majority of them probably being perverts themselves who turn the likes of Miley, Britney, Bella etc into the hoochies they are today.

Well Britney has got her act together. 

Or hiding sexual references in their "kid movies" 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

looks like we won't see Kraven in the MCU

https://heroichollywood.com/sony-kraven-hunter-movie-writer/

I would love to get more insight on Sony and Marvel's loan agreement. How much influence does Marvel have on what Spidey characters they can use? Is this why we didnt REALLY get MJ in homecoming? Does Sony just dictate to Marvel who they can and cant use or does Marvel have to petition Sony to use them. Maybe there isnt a concrete process and they are just constantly negotiating. 

An interesting tweet from Dave Bautista.

I will do what Im legally obligated to do but @Guardians without @JamesGunn is not what I signed up for. GOTG w/o @JamesGunn just isn’t GOTG. Its also pretty nauseating to work for someone who’d empower a smear campaign by fascists #cybernazis . That’s just how I feel.

He also said in an interview:

“Where I’m at right now is that if [Marvel] don’t use that script, then I’m going to ask them to release me from my contract, cut me out or recast me.

“I’d be doing James a disservice if I didn’t.”

On another note, how do you post a tweet on this forum?

Edited by kingseanjohn

On 8/6/2018 at 9:03 PM, kingseanjohn said:

An interesting tweet from Dave Bautista.

Lol as if. Bautista ain't exactly early 90's Arnold type star power. He needs this role a whole lot more then hes letting on. And if he doesn't realize it, then he's pretty stupid. 

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lol as if. Bautista ain't exactly early 90's Arnold type star power. He needs this role a whole lot more then hes letting on. And if he doesn't realize it, then he's pretty stupid. 

I mean... Depends on how important acting is to him. He could easily go back to WWE full time anytime he wants and still make 7 figures a year.

58 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Obviously this is an important gig, but I dont think leaving it at this point in his acting career will hurt him all that much. He already has a vehicle movie on its way to theaters. He's been in other major franchises like Bond and Riddick. He's established at this point and could leave the MCU whenever he wanted without a significant effect to his acting career. 

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast