The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Robert Downey Junior saying, "I don't care what a black person has to say about Iron Man" would have created a media firestorm. 

Just because you're too much of a sissy to call prejudice what it is, doesn't mean it isn't prejudiced. 

There is a massive difference there that you are refusing to acknowledge. Its not hypocrisy, because its not a the same in any way. 

BTW I am saying both your opinion above and Brie's comment are both wrong, though I do think Brie's point stands. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Robert Downey Junior saying, "I don't care what a black person has to say about Iron Man" would have created a media firestorm. 

Just because you're too much of a sissy to call prejudice what it is, doesn't mean it isn't prejudiced. 

I think the point is that white dudes haven't been marginalized as much as...literally anyone else. Ever.

Representation matters. Are you one of those folks that tells professional athletes to "stick to sports"?

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Also, and this is a train of thought that I am extremely confused by, if a movie wasn't made for me, why am I expected to praise it, or even go see it?

Should I condescending tell my girlfriend, "I don't care if you don't like Iron-Man, this movie isn't made for you."

And actually, let's loop LBC's staunch defense that there was no pandering in Marvel back into these Larson comments.

*Nearly all Marvel movies are starring a white dude

*gets mad when there's a female lead that states she doesn't care about what white dudes have to say about her movie

19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

There is a massive difference there that you are refusing to acknowledge. Its not hypocrisy, because its not a the same in any way. 

BTW I am saying both your opinion above and Brie's comment are both wrong, though I do think Brie's point stands. 

Nope, it really isn't. Just because you're cool with prejudice against white dudes doesn't mean it's not prejudice. 

Just own it, being racist is cool again, hadn't you heard?

Edited by AlexGreen#20

10 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

*Nearly all Marvel movies are starring a white dude

*gets mad when there's a female lead that states she doesn't care about what white dudes have to say about her movie

You guys who love these trash movies really love calling people mad. First response almost every time. LBC, Rams, and now you. Everybody who disagrees with you is mad. All while you seethe in self-perceived moral superiority over the unclean proletariat internet masses. It's actually funny.

I mean, I'd be mad if Chris Hemsworth said he didn't care about what white dudes had to say too.

I'd be mad if Anthony Mackie said he didn't care about what Arabs had to say.

That's the beauty of not playing in the privellage Olympics, I can just call trash people what they are without having to compute any privellage points mathematics. And Brie Larson is a trash person.

You didn't answer my question though, Marvel made a movie that supposedly isn't meant for white dudes. Why the hell are white dudes expected to show up and cheer for it? Unless they perceive themselves as somehow superior to "those white dudes" which takes a significant level of mental gymnastics and a superiority complex.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I think the point is that white dudes haven't been marginalized as much as...literally anyone else. Ever.

Representation matters. Are you one of those folks that tells professional athletes to "stick to sports"?

He expected me to call him a bigot and said that a movie about an African country was critical of white America in a way that didn't make sense.

I think we can probably get to the bottom of this one. When "white knighting", "cuck", and "beta" come out unironically on the same page, the best case scenario is to just make like the rest of society and forget about them.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nope, it really isn't. Just because you're cool with prejudice against white dudes doesn't mean it's not prejudice. 

Just own it, being racist is cool again, hadn't you heard?

One of these groups is heavily persecuted, victimized, and marginalized and one not only isnt, but continually takes advantage of said things done to the former; but you are right, there is NO difference. 

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He expected me to call him a bigot and said that a movie about an African country was critical of white America in a way that didn't make sense.

I think we can probably get to the bottom of this one. When "white knighting", "cuck", and "beta" come out unironically on the same page, the best case scenario is to just make like the rest of society and forget about them.

Always gotta be making stuff up. I haven't called you a cuck or a beta. But there you go again, you just lie and lie and lie until you can stick everybody into a box that's easy enough for you to dismiss.

As far as the rest of society dismissing anybody that disagrees with you, man dude, you got to look outside. Sure as heck (sorry LBC) looks to me like your side is losing the PC wars.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Always gotta be making stuff up. I haven't called you a cuck or a beta. But there you go again, you just lie and lie and lie until you can stick everybody into a box that's easy enough for you to dismiss.

As far as the rest of society dismissing anybody that disagrees with you, man dude, you got to look outside. Sure as **** looks to me like your side is losing the PC wars.

Apologists are not going to see it that way.

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

One of these groups is heavily persecuted, victimized, and marginalized and one not only isnt, but continually takes advantage of said things done to the former; but you are right, there is NO difference. 

There's really not in the basis of this conversation. "Don't be a racist/sexist prick" is a pretty damn easy rule to account for. 

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Apologists are not going to see it that way.

Nevermind

Still nobody wants to answer my question about why White Dudes have to show up and applaud a movie that isn't made for them.

Disney Employee: This movies isn't made for White Dudes.

White Dudes: Downvote movie

Disney: pikachu_sorprendido.jpg

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's really not in the basis of this conversation. "Don't be a racist/sexist prick" is a pretty damn easy rule to account for. 

You dont seem to be doing a great job. The first sentence is literally marginalization.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast