The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What did I score here:

I definitely have a "You're angry"

I definitely have a veiled insult.

I definitely have a sarcastic piece of advise.

I definitely don't have a point being adressed directly.

Only thing I don't have here is a strawman argument. We managed to go 4/5 in only two lines. Absolutely amazing work.

Brilliant job sticking to the script. @fretgod99

Thank you for the props! But I don’t even have a script. I did it all on my own!

I think you meant paragraphs, though. There were way more than two lines.

Just now, fretgod99 said:

So delicate. Seriously, don’t get so worked up! Life is great if you take the time to appreciate someone else’s perspective. You might even learn a thing or two in the process!

Well, you probably won’t. But I meant generally. People can learn a lot by listening to people speak from experiences outside their own. It’s pretty incredible, really.

I think you guys are projecting cause your Disney icon is has been getting trashed because of her derogatory/ bigoted remarks and yall are up in arms over it.

I'm not against female leads in the least. I have always been a huge fan of the likes of Leia, Riply, Sarah Connor, Clarice, etc and so forth. But what you guys don't seem to get is that's where the bar is set for someone like me. Up there with great written characters.

Take GOT for example, Arya was a fantastic character throughout the books and just about the entire show they dedicated so much to building her character and it was awesome to watch her "grow", to "evolve" to "struggle". Then in season 8 they pretty much effed her up and everyone else for that matter and ruined what could have capped off a semi-perfect show. It's just facts, and standards. When you guys learn to raise your standards, you won't have to settle for the **** they serve but rather expect a nice ribeye to chew, and enjoy. Seriously, being happy is one thing but if it's just leading into a "Brave New World" where everything is just done for the **** of it. What's the point when you lose out on being an individual.

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

@Calvert28

How do you deal with consistently being told you're angry all the time? There was no point in that post that indicated you were angry. Why do the supporters of these trash books and films feel the need to keep calling you angry? It's honestly amazing that they manage such remarkable consistency in the defensive approach.

Here's the playbook as I've observed it (feel free to chime in with your notes, I feel like you've been fighting this fight longer than I have):

1. Start with a vague insult,

We can't have mods outright insulting people. It's much better to say, "You misunderstanding my point is par for the course". Can't just come out and say, "You're an idiot." Have to say, "You find diversity distasteful" can't say, "You're a racist". They act like this is somehow better. Much better to insult with a smile.

2. Rather than address the point, make some kind of distracting comment.

Fretgod didn't feel the need to do so here, but there's enough in the thread to back it up. Often times it has to do with how you've insulted them.

3. Circle back around to your point, and misrepresent it by rephrasing it. 

Got to get that strawman in.

4. Accuse you of being angry.

They feel that this somehow disqualifies any of your points. After all, they're the cool ones, not you who they imagine huffing and puffing behind a keyboard. Caring about stuff is for losers.

5. Give you a sarcastic comment advising you to change your behavior to what they believe, for the good of your health/future of course.

Could be about staying on the computer on 4Chan or just worrying about your health as Fretgod did here. 

I feel like I'm missing something about clarifying how diversity is a positive thing even though nobody is making the argument that diversity in a vaccum is a bad thing. It might be about how persecuted a minority class is or about how we're unaware of our privilege. 

Yea, I get that there will be members that do this but had thought mods would comport themselves better. It's disappointing to see that's not the case. 

10 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

Thank you for the props! But I don’t even have a script. I did it all on my own!

I think you meant paragraphs, though. There were way more than two lines.

Two lines and a single hanging word on the desktop version of the site.

If you weren't so deeply invested in your ingrained mobile phone culture, you could consider the possibility that other viewpoints exist. It would be good for your health and for you to experience new things.

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

@Calvert28

How do you deal with consistently being told you're angry all the time? There was no point in that post that indicated you were angry. Why do the supporters of these trash books and films feel the need to keep calling you angry? It's honestly amazing that they manage such remarkable consistency in the defensive approach.

Here's the playbook as I've observed it (feel free to chime in with your notes, I feel like you've been fighting this fight longer than I have):

1. Start with a vague insult,

We can't have mods outright insulting people. It's much better to say, "You misunderstanding my point is par for the course". Can't just come out and say, "You're an idiot." Have to say, "You find diversity distasteful" can't say, "You're a racist". They act like this is somehow better. Much better to insult with a smile.

2. Rather than address the point, make some kind of distracting comment.

Fretgod didn't feel the need to do so here, but there's enough in the thread to back it up. Often times it has to do with how you've insulted them.

3. Circle back around to your point, and misrepresent it by rephrasing it. 

Got to get that strawman in.

4. Accuse you of being angry.

They feel that this somehow disqualifies any of your points. After all, they're the cool ones, not you who they imagine huffing and puffing behind a keyboard. Caring about stuff is for losers.

5. Give you a sarcastic comment advising you to change your behavior to what they believe, for the good of your health/future of course.

Could be about staying on the computer on 4Chan or just worrying about your health as Fretgod did here. 

I feel like I'm missing something about clarifying how diversity is a positive thing even though nobody is making the argument that diversity in a vaccum is a bad thing. It might be about how persecuted a minority class is or about how we're unaware of our privilege. 

Their projecting. Plain and simple because their angry and it's their way of trying to pull an Obi-Wan screaming It's over guys! I've got the moral high ground. Didn't read everyone's posts though some at least seem to keep a cool head like Deadpulse.

You know...

I think its time to put the mod hat on in this thread. Way too many people getting personal up in here and attacking each other. Lets get back to the Marvel movies. Black Widow rumors. Eternals, whats up with that? Its pretty clear at this point that the discussions in the last 10 pages arent productive. 

• Like 2

Back to the MCU, my favorite line in Black Panther was when T’Challa took Everett Ross to Shuri in Wakanda after he took a bullet and she said, “Great! Another broken white boy for me to fix.” Haha that was such witty and creative writing idk how they came up with that ! !

11 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Back to the MCU, my favorite line in Black Panther was when T’Challa took Everett Ross to Shuri in Wakanda after he took a bullet and she said, “Great! Another broken white boy for me to fix.” Haha that was such witty and creative writing idk how they came up with that ! !

It's almost like they were foreshadowing that she had done some work on Bucky.

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It’s almost like that was completely obvious in the Civil War post credit scene.

Forgot about that post-credit scene. It is still in reference to 1 person that she worked on.

But anyway, we are a little over a month from spider-man ffh, which has me excited. It is still weird to me that it is considered the end of the current phase.

Any legit info on the setting of the black widow movie?

2 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Forgot about that post-credit scene. It is still in reference to 1 person that she worked on.

But anyway, we are a little over a month from spider-man ffh, which has me excited. It is still weird to me that it is considered the end of the current phase.

Any legit info on the setting of the black widow movie?

Given that it starts immediately after Endgame and it deals with those brought back from Endgame, Spidey included, but one of many, it's actually a genius move IMO.  Because it addresses how the events in Endgame affect not just the heroes, but regular ppl torn away from the snap...and now are back.   Can't wait to see it.  I also think it will likely cause a small re-spike in Endgame viewership, to give Far From Home a 1-2 punch effect.   

Re: BW, nothing since the May 19 article that I can see that discussed possibly having post-CW setting - but again, it wasn't being put forth as the main setting.  I'd still think the origin story will be the main focus, going off the MCU playbook for 1st single-character pieces.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast