The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

2 hours ago, theJ said:

They could still put Blade in an avengers movie. If Black Widow can hold her own, Blade can too. 

Nobody doubts Blade’s ability but he just doesn’t fit in that world.  Marvel has tried this past year in whatever Justice League Dark equivalent team of Avengers comic that he’s on at the moment but it just doesn’t work.  He feels out of place.  We’ve seen him appear before in the past  whenever vampires intersect with their storylines but it’s usually an arc and then both he and the vampires are gone.  

That being said there are other characters that could be used in a Blade sequel that would work like some of the X-Men (Dracula was obsessed with Storm iirc) or lesser known ones like Werewolf By Night.  First things first... let’s see a good reboot first. 

• Like 1

So Cap Marvel 2, BP 2, GOTG 3 are all part of Phase 5. As is Blade. Have to imagine Spider-Man 3 will be in there as well along with F4 and maybe X-Men?

Wonder when we’ll see the next Avenger team-up?

Jane Foster was called Thor because no one knew who she was and people just started calling her that and she wanted to keep her identity a secret so she ran with it. Or, you know, continue to judge it without reading a single line. Thats fine too I guess. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Jane Foster was called Thor because no one knew who she was and people just started calling her that and she wanted to keep her identity a secret so she ran with it. Or, you know, continue to judge it without reading a single line. Thats fine too I guess. 

That's stupid.

28 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Not coming up with a name for your superhero self doesn't make sense.

Or we could take the writers at their word when they say stuff like, "We didn't want anybody calling her She-Thor, so we didn't give an alternative. She's just Thor"

1 hour ago, D82 said:

So Cap Marvel 2, BP 2, GOTG 3 are all part of Phase 5. As is Blade. Have to imagine Spider-Man 3 will be in there as well along with F4 and maybe X-Men?

Wonder when we’ll see the next Avenger team-up?

Maybe Ant-Man 3 too. I'd guess the next Avengers movie comes at the end of Phase 5 or 6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Considering it is the start of Phase 5, I’d think it will deal with something that is relevant in future movies the same way Captain Marvel did.

tbh the only relevant thing about Captain Marvel (so far) was her flying through ships and being near invincible. With what was teased at the end of FFH, you could argue one more thing.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

You can think that. I did forget an important piece. Thor came into contact with Jane early on and deemed her worthy and bestowed upon her his name and titles. 

That helps but it's still dumb. They have earned the benefit of the doubt but this seems like a mistake.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

That helps but it's still dumb. They have earned the benefit of the doubt but this seems like a mistake.

Well who knows how they will handle it on film. Thor could still be palling around with the Guardians. The hammer is still gone as Cap brought it back with the stones. So how does she get her powers? I also doubt they will hide Portmans face, like, at all. The only masked Avenger is Iron Man and you might actually see RDJ with the hud inside the helmet more than just the helmet down. So I am not sure her identity will be a secret. In the comic, Jane has stage 4 cancer and is getting chemo the entire time she is Thor. Transforming halts the cancer but takes a toll when going back to mortal (she switches a few times ones the reveal is made and it is implied she was going back and forth getting chemo and being Thor the whole run). Will that be a story line here as well? Is that where Jane has been all this time, battling cancer? There isnt a TON of source material on this, itll be interesting to see how they go. My guess though, with Waiti's sense of humor, Thor and Jane run into each other and Jane tries to convince him to stop gallivanting around and assume his responsibilities as Thor, God of Thunder, King of Asgard, Protector of the Realms and he just goes, "I got a better idea... you do it!"

52 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That’s still pretty stupid.  

30 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Here is a great excerpt for those who have not read Lady Thor and want some context

https://imgur.com/gallery/IomiM/comment/662544461

It's an excerpt, what's great about it?

Thor's a ******.

The villains are parody's of themselves.

Mjolnir has completely changed it's behavior to favor someone it met yesterday over it's partner of centuries.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast