Jump to content
Acgott

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I know Hugh Jackman said he would come back as Wolverine to be in an Avengers movie, but unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen.  I think Disney is going to want to re-cast everybody. 

Unfortunately, Hugh Jackman said he's done as Wolvie, but he has already backed Tom Hardy to replace him in the MCU. 

I think Hardy would be a fine choice to replace him in the MCU as this rendering clearly shows:

CPwgDQNUcAQyClq.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KManX89 said:

Unfortunately, Hugh Jackman said he's done as Wolvie, but he has already backed Tom Hardy to replace him in the MCU.

Unfortunatelier, Tom Hardy is in the stupid Venom movie and that probably eliminates him from contention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Unfortunatelier, Tom Hardy is in the stupid Venom movie and that probably eliminates him from contention. 

Not necessarily, Josh Brolin got away with it (cable and Thanos) and they've already said that unlike Spider-Man the venom movies will not have anything to do with the MCU in any way so it's still possible.

Edited by rob_shadows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Not necessarily, Josh Brolin got away with it (cable and Thanos) and they've already said that unlike Spider-Man the venom movies will not have anything to do with the MCU in any way so it's still possible.

It's possible in the sense that the Justice League doing a crossover with the Avengers is possible.

Tom Hardy probably has a clause in his contract that prevents him from joining the MCU anyway because Sony probably wouldn't like the lead actor of their "SPIDERVERSE" to jump ship at any point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OleXmad said:

It's possible in the sense that the Justice League doing a crossover with the Avengers is possible.

Tom Hardy probably has a clause in his contract that prevents him from joining the MCU anyway because Sony probably wouldn't like the lead actor of their "SPIDERVERSE" to jump ship at any point.

Except he isn't the lead actor of the spiderverse because all indications are that the venom movies will not connect to the Holland spider Man movies... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2017 at 3:44 PM, rob_shadows said:

Trying to make a non rated r Deadpool would be the end of the series. Fans would be furious and even more importantly Reynolds would probably walk... He's been very passionate about these movies being made the way they should be... Don't think he'd put up with them screwing it up.

if he has a contract though, does he really have a choice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

if he has a contract though, does he really have a choice?

His contract is movie to movie. He signed onto Deadpool 2 in 2016. Disney would have to renegotiate with him, and he has all the power. 

This isnt some Sebastian Stan deal where you have an unknown actor willingly signing on for 9 movies. Reynolds knows what he is doing. 

Edited by devils1854

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Except he isn't the lead actor of the spiderverse because all indications are that the venom movies will not connect to the Holland spider Man movies... 

He is the lead actor of sony's "spiderverse", the only reason Sony is making the Venom movie is to have a potential universe set up for the possibility they don't extend their contract with Marvel and they can just throw Holland into their Spider-verse with Venom and whatever other movies they've put out by then.

Even if they never connect, that's obviously their future intention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the general public really care about Venom without Spiderman? Seems like Sony is trying to go full DCU.

I also think that Brolin doesn't really count as being in two roles since Thanos is CGI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, the backlash of this weekend and TLJ really has me excited to see the Fanboy reaction to Disney/Marvel when Infinity War, especially when they puss out and dont kill off anyone, Thanos actually only ends up with a few of the stones at the end, and they dont follow though with any of the (admittedly very well thought out) fan theories that have been floating around the universe since AoU. Because either it will be a firestorm like we have never seen (even with this Star Wars reaction) or they will bend over backward in order all turn a blind eye to it again because its Marvel, either will be entertaining as hell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/12/2017 at 10:59 PM, StLunatic88 said:

Oh man, the backlash of this weekend and TLJ really has me excited to see the Fanboy reaction to Disney/Marvel when Infinity War, especially when they puss out and dont kill off anyone, Thanos actually only ends up with a few of the stones at the end, and they dont follow though with any of the (admittedly very well thought out) fan theories that have been floating around the universe since AoU. Because either it will be a firestorm like we have never seen (even with this Star Wars reaction) or they will bend over backward in order all turn a blind eye to it again because its Marvel, either will be entertaining as hell

If they screw up IF I will lose all hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

If they screw up IF I will lose all hope.

While this came off probably a bit too giddy. It still stands, unless They completely nail Infinity War, it’s going to be all out fanboy war on the internet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×